DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 33 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #321
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Will try a post there. Thanks for the suggestion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2011, 12:44 PM   #322
damianinpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 52540
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 damianinpa Good Standing Member
I got my Focus in June, so, I wanted to get this update. I have had hesitation pulling out into traffic on occasion. So, I called the dealer and explained I tried to give him the TSB, but, he didn't want it. He said they will check for updates. I printed it and tried to show him, but, they still didn't want it..how frustrating. So, I waited for 2 hrs and the Tech manger said we applied an update to fix the hesitation and shifting. It was TSB 11-10-2! I can say the throttle is much more responsive and the RPM's hold higher..very noticable. I just hope this doesn't lower MPG's. I'll post back after a few tanks of gas. So far, I very much like the Update. Only negative is when car is at a full stop, I still feel idle is a little low. But, overall, throttle has come alive with this update.
Damian
Old 12-18-2011, 01:37 AM   #323
BigFuzzyArchon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87167
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch Sport Package

FF Reputation: 1 BigFuzzyArchon Good Standing Member
Has anybody tried the launch control since the update? I am still holding off a bit to get the update.
Old 12-18-2011, 01:43 AM   #324
paul21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87707
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 0 paul21 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
Has anybody tried the launch control since the update?
I haven't tried it but after the update a hard takeoff with trac off gives a nice squeal for a second or three. I was really surprised.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #325
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
After a long trip to Ohio and back for xmas, it was time for the first (free @ dealer) oil change, and while I was there I asked them to road test the car for the tranny issue. My build date was 8/5/11 -- I just barely missed getting the new firmware at the factory -- and I've been having the usual complaints about throttle response.

The guy at the dealer had given me a hard time about bringing in the car just for the re-flash when I phoned in November, saying that it wouldn't be automatic that they'd do it and in any case they'd have to keep the car for a while. So I decided then to wait until it was time for the oil change.

I went in this morning, sat down with the service rep, and when I told him about the problem he told me at first that the car was behanving perfectly normally... that the hesitation etc was common for a CVT. I said "um, what? this car doesn't have a CVT. I'm sorry, what kind of car did you think this was?" then I mentioned that the reason I had bought the car was that I had driven 2 of them for a week apiece as rentals while on travel, and that the car I bought definitely did not behave the way the others did. I also mentioned that I'd heard about a TSB for the transmission.

Then the guy figured out that I wasn't necessarily a total idiot. So he threw the factory under the bus, saying 'well yeah they came out with that, not to fix the problem but to try to help a little. We've re-flashed about a dozen of these from the TSB and half of them it makes worse, the other half it either makes no difference or maybe helps a little bit.' I was getting a little miffed by this point, but kept my cool and my smile and said 'okay sure, just have your guys drive it and see what they think'.

One hour later, flash done, I'm on my way home. The car now runs like it should, and I am delighted.

Lesson: Be nice, but don't let them BS you. Then keep on being nice.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #326
TopKat
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92298
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TopKat Good Standing Member
Creamsicle, did you happen to mention the "drive cycle" procedure as talked about on this thread?......I had my dealer do the re-flash and the only thing that changed was that it shifted at higher rpm's but all the other symptoms are still there. I havent had a chance to perform the procedure yet. I'm thinking my dealer didnt know about it.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #327
Fil12SportSE
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92071
What I Drive: 2012 Ebony SE sport

FF Reputation: 1 Fil12SportSE Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopKat View Post
Creamsicle, did you happen to mention the "drive cycle" procedure as talked about on this thread?......I had my dealer do the re-flash and the only thing that changed was that it shifted at higher rpm's but all the other symptoms are still there. I havent had a chance to perform the procedure yet. I'm thinking my dealer didnt know about it.
What are you waiting for?

Fil
2012 Focus- Ebony Sport SE HB with winter package Aug. 8, 2011 Build date
2010 Fusion- Tuxedo Black Sport AWD (sold Feb. 2012)
2013 Mustang GT/CS Black delivery on Apr. 18
Old 12-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #328
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Mine honestly seems the exact same after the TSB update its been a month now and yeah doesn't seem all that different. After reading everyone talk about how night and day their car was after getting it I was hoping for same result.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:21 PM   #329
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by damianinpa View Post
I got my Focus in June, so, I wanted to get this update. I have had hesitation pulling out into traffic on occasion. So, I called the dealer and explained I tried to give him the TSB, but, he didn't want it. He said they will check for updates. I printed it and tried to show him, but, they still didn't want it..how frustrating. So, I waited for 2 hrs and the Tech manger said we applied an update to fix the hesitation and shifting. It was TSB 11-10-2! I can say the throttle is much more responsive and the RPM's hold higher..very noticable. I just hope this doesn't lower MPG's. I'll post back after a few tanks of gas. So far, I very much like the Update. Only negative is when car is at a full stop, I still feel idle is a little low. But, overall, throttle has come alive with this update.
Damian
Damianinpa, is your throttle response better because it operates at higher RPMs or is throttle response better generally?

I ask because my December build has pretty poor throttle response when fully warm. Wonder if they are continually tweaking the programming and went backwards on this part.

Thanks.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #330
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems like the problems described with shifting in the TSB on the first page of this thread relate to deceleration. The biggest problem I appear to be having is sluggishness on acceleration from a standstill and shuddering on downshifts coming out of a sharp turn while going uphill.

I'm taking my car in to the dealership tomorrow and want to make sure the description I give them will get them to refer to this TSB.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->