DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 24 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #231
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparkky View Post
hey guys,
im hoping to purchase my first car in January, and im heavily considering the focus hatch..

ive read some threads about the transmission issues in the early-production ones.
has anyone got their hands on a relatively new focus? and if so how is the transmission so far?
Okay, here's my current experience. Mine is an October car and it shifted smoothly for the first thousand miles or so, only twice was there any hint of a hick-up. We just got home from a eight hundred mile or so round trip and I started to notice a bit of the jittery starts reported by others at about 1,400 miles. The car now starts out a little rough but immediately smooths out and shifts smoothly after that start. I will give it a bit of time to settle in, since this is an adaptive system and it might be able to settle it's self out. Color me hopeful.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2011, 11:05 PM   #232
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
Got mine done today. All I gotta say is wow. It's a totally different experience.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #233
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I got a PM from Natahsa and hope for a call from the dealer tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #234
TMOTEE
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85924
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 TMOTEE Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatfocus View Post
Got mine done today. All I gotta say is wow. It's a totally different experience.
My Focus was built in May and I just had the update completed. I agree that the experience is completely different. Now I have to relearn how to drive my own car ! It is so much more responsive. I am very pleased.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #235
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I got a PM from Natahsa and hope for a call from the dealer tomorrow.
I can't believe people are still having issues getting this TSB applied. I'm going to write Ford to let them know how much better my car has been since the update. That way, maybe they won't be so hesitant to let service centers go through with updating it?

EDIT: Done.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #236
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

I talked to the Ford Customer Service Department today and they denied it to me. I will admit that my transmission got a little quieter since my complaints a few weeks ago, but I will wait until my first oil change to see what happens.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #237
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

In the mean time, I will note everything that happens with the car.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #238
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
I talked to the Ford Customer Service Department today and they denied it to me. I will admit that my transmission got a little quieter since my complaints a few weeks ago, but I will wait until my first oil change to see what happens.
A customer notices there is a problem with their car, goes through the research by his or her self and finds hope (TSB 11-10-2), then Ford dangles it in front of you, but the dealers will never let you have it. It sickens me.

My reasoning was that they wouldn't have made a transmission update if there wasn't something flawed in the original one.

EDIT: Once you include the technician trying to repeat the intermittent problems (for however many times you bring it in), time spent by any Ford Customer Service Reps you get involved, and any lost customers due to said issues, Ford would've lost less money just re-flashing your car on the first visit. It takes like 40 minutes.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #239
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
I don't understand why dealers haven't got with the times and think of these updates like updates on personal computers. These computers are in cars now. It should be automatic to load these updates when a car is covered especially under a TSB. Everyone should know by now about the poor transmission programming on the older build dates. It's not like they aren't getting paid for their time. They even give them time for the trans relearn process on this one.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #240
stickmandj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90632
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 stickmandj Good Standing Member
The build date for my car is July 19 and I went to the dealer today and asked about it. They told me that unless there's a problem with the car they won't do the update. They said nothing comes up for my car aside and that it might be from some factories and not others.
I can't say that I have a problem but the car is sluggish pulling out. You really need to step on the gas more than I thought you would. I wouldn't want to take chances making a left with cars coming towards me just in case it decides to be slow responding. I was kind of hoping to get this update done anyways and see if it helps with that. I figure what could it hurt to do it regardless.

Bookmarks & Social Networks