DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 23 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #221
FF4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33566
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 0 FF4 Newbie
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
Did you have any trouble at the dealer? What did you say to the dealer?
just don't say "I'm here for the Trans TSB, how long will it take?" Like anyone else, the Service Advisor and Technician don't want to be told how to do their job, eventhough it seems like they need to be sometimes

A TSB is something for the technician to diagnose and repair a car, its not a recall thats automatic.

tell them you have intermittant shuddering or anything else thats in the TSB, then tell them you've read about a TSB that may help
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #222
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,131, Level 18
Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by underbird10 View Post
Just got home from the update. Nice improvement to overall driveability.... now if they could just get me that extra 150 HP that I am needing, I'll be a happy camper. This thing would be an absolute blast with about 300HP and AWD.

Still loving it...
Can you say, Mitsubishi MiEVO? But you'll look like this . . .
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 11-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #223
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I had to move my appointment to Saturday due to a situation with a repairman for home. I will keep everyone up to date on how it is going.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #224
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I got a call back from the dealer and explained the problem and said there was nothing wrong with it. Even said there was a TSB on it and he said he is not aware of any.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:20 PM   #225
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

Points 1,131, Level 18
Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18 Points: 1,131, Level: 18
Level Up 31% Completed
Level up: 31% Level up: 31% Level up: 31%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
You seem to be the first with this potential issue?
Nope - see my posting earlier in this thread. It has happened to me for sure once, perhaps one time prior to that, just after I got it. It could have been an unintended upshift but felt almost as if the car suddenly shifted to neutral and back into gear. Too quick and too much traffic for any definitive assessment.

Oops, I posted it in the "issues thread". Here is the post:

I have an October SEL with about 800 miles on it. My shifts have been smooth and my Select Shift is positive and very much fun on my twisty road with several one-lane bridges (downshift time). The other day, however, I was in the left lane on a four-lane surface street and saw a long string of cars getting into a left turn lane too short for the number of cars, and the woman in front of me was going to partly block my lane. I slowed to let the lane to my right clear and was going about 10 mph when it did. When I accelerated to go around the woman blocking my lane, the engine revved to about 45k, like it was in neutral, then caught (smoothly, no clunk) and off I went. My car is a post 8/12/11 car, of course, and I'll mention this to my dealer when I go in today for my MFT lesson, but your opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 11-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #226
cathyvictor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89675
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red Focus SEL Sed

FF Reputation: 1 cathyvictor Good Standing Member
My candy apple red SEL sedan was built august 4th and delivered August 10th, just before the August 12th date quoted by the TSB. (ordered mid-May). I was aware of the TSB for about a month due to this forum, however, except for the initial mild shuddering (especially when crawling up the BlueWater bridge from Sarnia Ontario to Port Huron, all appeared well except for one time when making a left turn and the tranny just revved like crazy. (must be what they call flare-up). Long story short, as the tranny was well behaved otherwise, I debated whether to do the TSB and potentially make it worse. Decided to go for it and went into Lambton Ford in Sarnia. most accomodating service advisor who verified the TSB and then scheduled me in without further ado, with the comment that he just updated his truck's software and was a firm beleiver in making sure that the latest and best was in place. Completed last Friday. As others indicated, shifts at higher RPM's unless you really baby the pedal. Engine appears to be extremely free revving thereby ensuring very quick response to any input. Low speed and idle are without any hint of vibration (idle RPM appears to be at 700 however it is getting cold in Canada). Bottom line- if you have a pre August 12th car, go for it. You will not be sorry!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #227
Macsleuth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90432
What I Drive: 2012 Stirling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Macsleuth Good Standing Member
Think I will ask for it when i go in for my first service. Should be middle of Dec. Got a couple other issues, minor list , but started growing today. Still loving it though!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 PM   #228
dparkky
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 92263
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 dparkky Good Standing Member
hey guys,
im hoping to purchase my first car in January, and im heavily considering the focus hatch..

ive read some threads about the transmission issues in the early-production ones.
has anyone got their hands on a relatively new focus? and if so how is the transmission so far?
Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #229
hoffmanr09
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89468
What I Drive: 2012 ford focus se

FF Reputation: 1 hoffmanr09 Good Standing Member
the transmission on any focus built after 8/12/2011 will be updated and have no problems. you should not have to worry about it
Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #230
frederick184
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91718
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 frederick184 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparkky View Post
hey guys,
im hoping to purchase my first car in January, and im heavily considering the focus hatch..

ive read some threads about the transmission issues in the early-production ones.
has anyone got their hands on a relatively new focus? and if so how is the transmission so far?
I purchased mine November 10 and it was built September 29 so has the latest update, I think. Apart from an issue when I had only it for 2 days where the cable at the transmission came apart leaving me unable to select any gears the car has been great and I love it. The trans issue was not connected to the other issues that folks on here and other forums have been complaining about so I am confident it will be fine going forward.

Colin
Winter Package

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.