DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 206 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #2051
wsk2006
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117812
Location: Griffin, GA
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 wsk2006 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question

well i just got off the phone with a lawyer friend of mine and he said that Georgia's lemon law is a bunch of crap, he told me to get the dealer mad at you so that they will push your case to the next step. They did extend my warranty but here is my thing, I dont have the time to go to the dealer every other day, I work in different area's and the dealer is 40 miles away from my house which is not the original dealer i purchased from anyway its the Main dealership for Alan Vigil Ford in Morrow Ga, the dealer i purchased from were complete idiots in the service department. The thing is its a new car i shouldn't have to take it back every other day!!
wsk2006 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #2052
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast
 
bobakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Fan#: 89045
Location: Sunrise, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

Posts: 91
FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsk2006 View Post
well i just got off the phone with a lawyer friend of mine and he said that Georgia's lemon law is a bunch of crap, he told me to get the dealer mad at you so that they will push your case to the next step. They did extend my warranty but here is my thing, I dont have the time to go to the dealer every other day, I work in different area's and the dealer is 40 miles away from my house which is not the original dealer i purchased from anyway its the Main dealership for Alan Vigil Ford in Morrow Ga, the dealer i purchased from were complete idiots in the service department. The thing is its a new car i shouldn't have to take it back every other day!!
That's not good to hear. I know at least for me my next new car will definitely not be a Ford Product. It's my second Ford first being a 2001 F150 SuperCrew that also had many defects the COP issue being one and just as with my Focus I purchased an extended warranty that more than paid for it's self I'm sure the Focus will be no different.

Bob
bobakman is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #2053
Focus in Paradise
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Fan#: 117678
Location: Mililani, HI
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S

Posts: 5
FF Reputation: 1 Focus in Paradise Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
"I'm not a technician, so I don't have access to any mechanical information. Your dealership's service manager is a better resource for these kinds of questions. Give them a call; they'll get you the answers you're looking for."

Aloha Crystal...

I would respectfully suggest that there are plenty of answers out there, but it appears that Ford has made a very high level decision to filter or block the information from being released. I'm also guessing that most of the folks on this site are "Akamai" (smart or clever in Hawaiian) enough to figure out that you have access to people who could tell you what's up with this transmission. We sure don't!

Let's connect some dots...Multiple recalls for transmission issues...a national shortage of transmission parts...lot's of internet hits from owners all over the country complaining about their transmissions....Focus and Fiesta cars with broken transmissions held at Ford dealership service departments for MONTHS with no notice or expectation from the dealership as to when they can be fixed...Ford employees claiming ignorance of the problem, and sometimes not even acknowledging that there is a problem almost as if they've been told to diffuse, delay and defer the inquiries in the interest of corporate damage control.

Hmmmmmm.....

You see, the problem I'm having is that when I ask the dealership service department, they claim ignorance and point a finger to Detroit, and say, "Ask them...." When I speak to a Detroit - Home Office person like you, you point a finger back to the dealership and say, "Ask them." It's very frustrating, to say the least.

Personally, I think it's time for Ford to come clean. The "Pandora's Box" is going to break open on this eventually!

Mahalo (Thank you) for responding.
Focus in Paradise is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #2054
Boxorain
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104343
Location: Charlotte, MI
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

Posts: 2
FF Reputation: 1 Boxorain Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/75tow6nbgc3mws8/3Z_GBOUU9K

Normally I just lurk around here, but I'm afraid I may be joining the ranks of the dct issues club. My 2013 se hatch has 12600 miles. I took it in two weeks and 400 miles ago for the 13-4-5 update due to some minor shuddering. I have only heard the grinding sound once, while in stop and go traffic for a half hour on a hot day. None before or since. The dealer reported no leaks found when doing the update, and the car had driven better than ever until yesterday. The car seems fine while accelerating from a standstill, which may be due to the duct tape fix for the air intake gap mention on other threads, but while climbing long shallow grades on the freeway, I noticed the tach bouncing around a little, no more than 100-200 rpm, and the car doesn't seem too responsive to the throttle. Dropped the bottom shield today to look for any leaks, and while the underside of the bell housing and the fairing are spotless, I found what I think is a leak on the top side of the bell housing. The black plastic retainer clip circled has a greasy residue on it, and the rest of the areas indicated look to me like a leak. Any thoughts, or am I just being paranoid? I'd rather not take it back to the dealer unless I'm sure it actually is a leak and not some random schmutz that happened to appear there.
Boxorain is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #2055
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 571
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
from todays ford facebook page

Rob Lawn
Can somebody at Ford please explain the issue with my 6-speed automatic transmission. I had INCREDIBLE noise at 235 mile mark when traveling at low speed and shifting from 1st-2nd. I took the car into the dealer and at first the Service Adviser said there is a new software upgrade may fix the problem, then he called me and said the problem is a 'Green Clutch'. I've been reading horror stories over at http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...play.php?f=121 Yesterday, my wife told me the car exhibited incredible hesitation from 0mph-15mph.

Peter Stanley Turel
Has anyone had problems with the PowerShift Transmission? It makes horrible noises going into 3rd gear, sometimes 1st and 5th. It sounds like the clutches are coming apart. It was fixed once under warranty, but now the car has 80k miles on it. Thanks for any help.

Cindy Pedersen Deal
I absolutely love my focus but I have a problem with it shaking real bad during take off. It did not do this when I bought it or beleive me, I wouldn't have bought it! I took it to the Ford Service Department and they replaced something but the problem is STILL not fixed. They continue to tell me this is normal for Ford Focus. Any advice as to what to do now?
mr_cassandra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #2056
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104328
Location: Southern Cali, CA
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Posts: 258
FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
from todays ford facebook page

Rob Lawn
Can somebody at Ford please explain the issue with my 6-speed automatic transmission. I had INCREDIBLE noise at 235 mile mark when traveling at low speed and shifting from 1st-2nd. I took the car into the dealer and at first the Service Adviser said there is a new software upgrade may fix the problem, then he called me and said the problem is a 'Green Clutch'. I've been reading horror stories over at http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...play.php?f=121 Yesterday, my wife told me the car exhibited incredible hesitation from 0mph-15mph.

Peter Stanley Turel
Has anyone had problems with the PowerShift Transmission? It makes horrible noises going into 3rd gear, sometimes 1st and 5th. It sounds like the clutches are coming apart. It was fixed once under warranty, but now the car has 80k miles on it. Thanks for any help.

Cindy Pedersen Deal
I absolutely love my focus but I have a problem with it shaking real bad during take off. It did not do this when I bought it or beleive me, I wouldn't have bought it! I took it to the Ford Service Department and they replaced something but the problem is STILL not fixed. They continue to tell me this is normal for Ford Focus. Any advice as to what to do now?
And the reason for cross posting from facebook to the focus was?
Woggy64 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #2057
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 571
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
And the reason for cross posting from facebook to the focus was?
more information helps everyone sir. I can delete if you disagree
mr_cassandra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #2058
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104328
Location: Southern Cali, CA
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Posts: 258
FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
more information helps everyone sir. I can delete if you disagree
I'm on both the Ford FB page and the Ford Focus FB page, and cannot locate any of these posts - which FB page were they from? Could you provide the URL from them?
Woggy64 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #2059
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95399
Location: somewhere, MA
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

Posts: 571
FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
I'm on both the Ford FB page and the Ford Focus FB page, and cannot locate any of these posts - which FB page were they from? Could you provide the URL from them?
if you goto the ford focus facebook page, then click on recent posts byother on ford focus and then click see all, you will see any people posting, regardless of subject.
mr_cassandra is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #2060
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104328
Location: Southern Cali, CA
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Posts: 258
FF Reputation: 1 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cassandra View Post
if you goto the ford focus facebook page, then click on recent posts byother on ford focus and then click see all, you will see any people posting, regardless of subject.
Ok, I did find them. But many more were positive rather then negative posts. Out of the 50 or so, I think I saw one or two other posts more then the three you posted.
Woggy64 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.