DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 205 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2041
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minneapolis View Post
mr_cassandra and Crystal. TSB 13-4-5 was performed yesterday. Upon getting the car back (on day 1) the difference is night and day. The low speed shudder and click/grind is basically gone. Trying to figure out now what the performance differences will be (if any? Launch? Mileage? etc) from the TSB. But so far so good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
My issue has been fixed as well. Dealer replace my clutches and then did tsb 13-4-5. Huge diff between how it drove and how it drives now, getting used to how quickly the car responds to throttle input now
Outstanding news, Minneapolis and badhac! If you need any assistance in the future, you know how to find me.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #2042
mr_cassandra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95399
What I Drive: Mazda-3 , formerly a focus SE

FF Reputation: 2 mr_cassandra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhac View Post
My issue has been fixed as well. Dealer replace my clutches and then did tsb 13-4-5. Huge diff between how it drove and how it drives now, getting used to how quickly the car responds to throttle input now
That is great news badhac. I hope it continues well and you get the quality you paid for
Everyone else needs to remember how your problems have gone away due to the repair by Ford, because they were NOT normal, no matter how many memos you were shown or quoted.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #2043
Msims61
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104366
What I Drive: 2012 Ti Performance Blue

FF Reputation: 1 Msims61 Good Standing Member
Glad to see that Ford is fixing these issues for people. My Ti is finally having shudder and hesitation issues on a regular basis so it's going back to the dealership, hopefully I don't get the run around that it is "NORMAL" and how it should be.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #2044
scott7278
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100021
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 5 scott7278 Good Standing Member
I took my 2012 over to a friend's house (a mechanic) to have him install my eFocus RMM. While he was under the car, I asked him if he could take a look at the bellhousing for evidence of a leak.

"You mean transmission fluid, like this?" he said as he rolled out underneath, with reddish fluid on his fingers. "It's pretty bad - you can even see it on the felt" as he showed me the skidplate.

It was "fine" (with a little quirkiness) for 32,000 miles...the last 2000 miles have been rough with low speeds and taking off from a start.

I guess the seals finally gave out.

Sent from my HTC ONE using FF Mobile
Old 08-14-2013, 01:14 AM   #2045
Focus in Paradise
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117678
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver S

FF Reputation: 1 Focus in Paradise Good Standing Member
"Is it possible the dealer was complaining about a shortage of BV6Z-7B546-C? That's the clutch assembly, and there have been many reports of a shortage of clutch assemblies."

Guess what...They claim that they've received the AE8Z-7048-B seal, then they notified me that they are still backordered for a BV6Z-7A508-A Cylinder Assembly (A Throw-out bearing?) Again, no parts available nationally and no estimate of when it will come in. I'm at seven weeks and still no end in sight.

I WOULD LOVE IT IF ONE OF THE FORD REPS ON THIS SITE COULD ILLUMINATE ALL OF US AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE FOCUS TRANSMISSION...
Old 08-14-2013, 07:41 AM   #2046
aptech77
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44296
What I Drive: 2012 POS!! Loaded SEL HB Ford Fucus

FF Reputation: 1 aptech77 Good Standing Member
Find a Lemon Law lawyer....
Old 08-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #2047
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
i'm still not convinced that the problems with the DCT are not associated with a fundamental design flaw that would require a re-engineering and replacement of entire transmission for a permanent fix

it seems that too many people are experiencing a return of the problems even after having parts of the transmission replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims61 View Post
Glad to see that Ford is fixing these issues for people. My Ti is finally having shudder and hesitation issues on a regular basis so it's going back to the dealership, hopefully I don't get the run around that it is "NORMAL" and how it should be.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #2048
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msims61 View Post
...My Ti is finally having shudder and hesitation issues on a regular basis so it's going back to the dealership...
Send me your information in a PM, Msims61; I'll look into your case and see how I can help. Be sure to include your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7278 View Post
...It was "fine" (with a little quirkiness) for 32,000 miles...the last 2000 miles have been rough with low speeds and taking off from a start...
Hey scott7278,

I know you and I have already been in touch via PM; let me know if I can be of any additional assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus in Paradise View Post
...I WOULD LOVE IT IF ONE OF THE FORD REPS ON THIS SITE COULD ILLUMINATE ALL OF US AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE FOCUS TRANSMISSION...
Hi Focus in Paradise,

I'm not a technician, so I don't have access to any mechanical information. Your dealership's service manager is a better resource for these kinds of questions. Give them a call; they'll get you the answers you're looking for.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 08-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #2049
wsk2006
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117812
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 wsk2006 Good Standing Member
Angry

Im new to the site but i have a 2013 Ford Focus that I purchased in November 2012. I honestly can say this has been the biggest piece of junk i have ever owned. The car has been in the shop 12 times since March for Transmission issues and the A/C has went out twice now, I just got it back from ford after they replaced the compressor, they have had the dash out three times and now the dash makes noises constantly and is coming apart in several areas. I asked my service writer about the lemon law and he basically told me to it was a waste of time and they extended my warranty to 75,000 mi. As of today the trans is surging clutch is slipping AGAIN all they do is reprogram ecm everytime and say its good now and if i call back they tell me its 1000mi relearn even though im over that. So im in the situation on what do I do?? The car has 20,000 miles on it now i have ever ticket that ford has gave me on fixing the car which is a stack and no direction to go!
Old 08-14-2013, 04:45 PM   #2050
bobakman
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89045
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 bobakman Good Standing Member
I would recommend looking into your states lemon law for yourself. There should be a website for your states policy and everything that you will need to know to get your case started.It is definitely not a waste of time after reading what you have been through.

Here is a link for GA: http://consumer.georgia.gov/business...nd-disclosures

Here is a PDF of Consumers rights: http://consumer.georgia.gov/pdf/GA_L..._Statement.pdf

Bob

Bookmarks & Social Networks