DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 164 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-05-2012, 06:26 AM   #1631
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
For the most part they have been great, I've been able to steer them to the TSBs and they have taken care of whatever I've asked so I don't want to abandon them yet. It seems that a lot of the techs are kinda in the dark about these things everywhere according to some of the posts on this board. If they don't give it a thorough look over this time, I may try another dealer
Ours shudders when starting up a slope - just a little, usually. Have you seen this?

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298984
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #1632
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertiger View Post
This is what I was told is being done to my wife's car. "Seal is leaking fluid on other parts and causing them to fail". Car might be ready to pick up tomorrow.
I'm just glad that dealers are finally admitting that it's an issue. Gives me hope for when I get my car checked out (again) on Monday.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #1633
bdattilo
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91198
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SE Hatch Sport

FF Reputation: 1 bdattilo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I'm just glad that dealers are finally admitting that it's an issue. Gives me hope for when I get my car checked out (again) on Monday.
Yea, it took me two dealer visits, but just had all my clutches replaced this week, and wow what a difference. It drives better than it did when it was brand new, not sure if there were updated clutches or what else has changed, but the difference is quite distinct.

Also, Ford called and gave me a 1-year 15,000 mile maintenance plan for my 'inconvenience', which was a nice bonus.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #1634
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdattilo View Post
Yea, it took me two dealer visits, but just had all my clutches replaced this week, and wow what a difference. It drives better than it did when it was brand new, not sure if there were updated clutches or what else has changed, but the difference is quite distinct.

Also, Ford called and gave me a 1-year 15,000 mile maintenance plan for my 'inconvenience', which was a nice bonus.
I hope I'm that lucky. They've had it 24hrs and I haven't heard from them yet....
Old 10-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #1635
.Leda
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103845
What I Drive: 2012 White SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 .Leda Good Standing Member
I don't know much about the insides of cars but could this be a fly wheel issue? I was researching a bit about any car shaking from 1st to 2nd when accelerating from a stop and many mention the fly wheel.

Anyway I know there is an problem with the clutches or something in the area, it is not normal.

wishlist: tinted windows, polished silver wheels
Old 10-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #1636
.Leda
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhawkeye View Post
At stop signs/lights, do you come to a complete stop? When you accelerate, do you mash on the gas, or do you do a slower acceleration? I found with mine (As mentioned in another reply) that they do shutter on startup even after the fixes, but I got my car to pretty much stop the stalling/vibration you're describing by adjusting how I accelerate.
Yes I come to a complete stop. The shudder happens when starting from 1st to 2nd. I don't mash on the gas usually and if I press ever so slow I can't notice the shudder.

I've had my car almost 4 months and it just started doing this last week. It's a used car with 27000 miles on it. I've driven it on long trips and had no problems in the first 3 months i had the car and I drive the car the same way I have when I first drove it.

It drove and acted fine until last week. Now I'm even embarrassed to drive it because of the shake problem. Also I noticed decreased gas mileage. There are not noises with it either and it started doing this before the update and still continues after the update I had last Friday.

Last edited by .Leda; 10-05-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #1637
.Leda
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
They want my mother, who knows nothing about cars, to ask me "What's wrong with your car"?
Oh lordy, your mom too?!! I mentioned to my mom that I had a couple of recalls and she proudly said back to me that her car doesn't have any recalls. (She drives a Mazda CX7 or some number) And then I get the "what's wrong with your car" too.

Reading all of these just frustrates me even more. I wanted to worry about daft things like how dark to tint the windows or how to install satellite radio but instead I have to worry about why my car started acting funny and if it's going to get worse, or will I get stranded somewhere or even worse get into a accident because of a faulty car.

Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #1638
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Got my wife's car back from dealer today.

Good news: It's like driving a new car. NO shuddering while creeping forward at stop lights or in traffic, smooth shifts and take offs from a stop. Granted, it's only been one day, but what a difference.

As I posted a few pages ago, they said a seal was broken leaking trans fluid. They replaced the seals and clutch. Here's the exact wording from invoice:
Test drove verified customer concern, EEC tested KOEO pass KOER pass, monitored pids while driving found clutch to slip, inspected found trans fluid leak, checked oasis for TSB and SSM found TSB 11-12-13 to apply, inspected fluid found fluid slick, R-I trans as per shop manual, R-R both inner input shaft seals as per TSB and shop manual, R-R clutch as per shop manual, R-R both axle seals as per shop manual, reinstalled trans, filled trans fluid to proper level as per shop manual, reassembled vehicle, performed trans adaptive learning as per shop manual, performed trans drive cycle, after repair, test drove.

I hope this tech knew what he was doing.

Bad news: Dealer had car for four days and did not do anything about clunking front driver side strut. When I asked service advisor why, he said, "Well, I just got back from vacation, let me see . . . ." Then proceeded to say that they thought the clunking sound I mentioned was from the trans and shifting. I pointed out my note when I scheduled the appt. online specifically said it was coming from the strut. He again said he was on vacation and couldn't give me anymore info. So, I will need to bring it back soon.

I would suggest anyone having shuddering and/or rough shifting issues to have seals and clutch checked.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #1639
tigertiger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85787
What I Drive: 2004 green ranger; 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 tigertiger Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-lou View Post
Good news for sure hope that is your last dealer trip for a long time..less getting the noise in the front end fixed....the front end clunk on mine was a missing or defective strut bushing....B-lou
Thanks! The information about the missing bushing may be helpful when I return.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #1640
Kevin_agar
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104461
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Kevin_agar Good Standing Member
transmission TSB reprogrammin update done.... but

I had the transission update a week ago and it was definitely an improvement in most aspects of shifting. However, now whenever I put the car in park it jumps forward a bit after 2 seconds everytime I park the car, no matter if the car is on flat ground or a hill. When I am driving and stopped on a hill and go forward the ABS definitely is controlling the brake pedal, as when I release it, it releases a few miroseconds after me and I can feel it in while I am releasing the brake pedal. Anybody else notice these changes after having the update done.???

Bookmarks & Social Networks