DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 14 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #131
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
Thanks for answering that part of the question feta; however, is there a site/place i can go to specifically that will list all the TSB's for this vehicle?
Not really sure about that... I think I've read that the NY Times site lists them, but I haven't looked. The info for that particular TSB is on the first few pages of this thread, however, if you backtrack.
Sonic Crew #28
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #132
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
Well, i just found out my car was built on september 14th. Perhaps thats why i never understood why people complained about the trans? However, I can attest that there is slight vibration every now and then still, but it seems that most "problems" are gone.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #133
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
Well, i just found out my car was built on september 14th. Perhaps thats why i never understood why people complained about the trans? However, I can attest that there is slight vibration every now and then still, but it seems that most "problems" are gone.
Indeed. After my TSB fix, I still have some slight shudder as well. Beforehand though, shift points were awkward and often too low, the car wouldn't readily upshift when given some throttle input, shaking was present at low speeds, and everything else described in this thread, apparently. Glad you have a car without the issues.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #134
Vrod21
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86456
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo black metallic SE

FF Reputation: 3 Vrod21 Good Standing Member
Well had the update done about 2 weeks ago. I can say two things are fixed...but a new issue has come up.

The shudder at low speeds is almost none existent and the grinding between gears (1-2 and 2-3) is gone.

The issue I am trying to figure out now is, around 50 - 60 mph the car boggs down. I have to give it heavy throttle for it to downshift. It feels like it goes into 6th gear and takes a long time and a lot of throttle for it to down shift.

Much better all around though. I can deal with this issue much easier. Hopefully it is still learning the clutches and will get better.

Has anyone else with the update noticed this behavior?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #135
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrod21 View Post
Well had the update done about 2 weeks ago. I can say two things are fixed...but a new issue has come up.

The shudder at low speeds is almost none existent and the grinding between gears (1-2 and 2-3) is gone.

The issue I am trying to figure out now is, around 50 - 60 mph the car boggs down. I have to give it heavy throttle for it to downshift. It feels like it goes into 6th gear and takes a long time and a lot of throttle for it to down shift.

Much better all around though. I can deal with this issue much easier. Hopefully it is still learning the clutches and will get better.

Has anyone else with the update noticed this behavior?
I'll get back to you next week when I have my highway commute to school again. I didn't seem to notice any hesitation overtaking a truck on 2-lane road, from 50-70 pretty quickly to overtake, but I wasn't much paying attention to how responsive it was, I just mashed the pedal.

I'll pay attention when I hit the onramp next week and offer my opinion.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-11-2011, 12:24 AM   #136
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Indeed. After my TSB fix, I still have some slight shudder as well. Beforehand though, shift points were awkward and often too low, the car wouldn't readily upshift when given some throttle input, shaking was present at low speeds, and everything else described in this thread, apparently. Glad you have a car without the issues.
Yea i was pretty satisfied. The dealer was like "you might notice a little bit of this and that, but that'll be normal for the first few hundred or so". I paid not a lot of heed to it, glad I didn't have to.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:09 PM   #137
agamben0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88778
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Sedan (Sterling Grey)

FF Reputation: 1 agamben0 Good Standing Member
Here's my story on this.

My car was built August 3. I had complained about the shudder a couple months ago asking to have TSB 11-9-5 applied. They tried but they couldn't do it. Something about not being able to get the update.

I was supposed to get a call when they COULD do it, but 2 months passed with nothing, and I saw this thread so thought I'd prod them for it again for 11-10-2.

Actually got it done this time.

So far the shudder is still there but at least it's weaker. It was pretty bad at times at low speeds and I haven't experienced quite that level again since the update. Also seems to hang onto 1st longer.

Overall it was a worthwhile update. Hoping that Ford figures out how to nix the shudder entirely some day, if that's even possible with this type of car.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #138
BooBerry
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90175
What I Drive: 2012, Blue Candy, SE

FF Reputation: 2 BooBerry Good Standing Member
I updated my trans and PCM and notice the low end is alot better.

Gamertag = FailSnail Ink
Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 PM   #139
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
Got my car back today and the thing shifts like I thought it should have right from the beginning, I am very happy.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:37 PM   #140
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey D View Post
Got my car back today and the thing shifts like I thought it should have right from the beginning, I am very happy.
Was there anything else wrong with it? Or did they just update the PCM?

Bookmarks & Social Networks