DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 130 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #1291
cbdallas
Focus Addict

Fan#: 100296
What I Drive: 2014 Titanium 5-speed

FF Reputation: 2 cbdallas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'd love to know why the battery needs to be disconnected for towing. Sounds like a lot of over-cautious BS to me. If the front wheels are off the ground and the e-brake is off, you're not going to hurt anything, unless you have one of those super-rare AWD Focuses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2012, 01:23 PM   #1292
cbABQ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 100965
What I Drive: 2012, Platinum White, Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 cbABQ Good Standing Member
TimThom62: Thanks a lot for the information. I'm not going to worry about it then. I'm hoping my Focus will arrive next Tuesday.

cbdallas: I will be towing the Focus with all four wheels down. This transmission is one big reason I picked the Focus. It can be placed in neutral and towed like a car with a manual transmission.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #1293
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Ok, so I just purchased a new 2012 Focus SEL with the DCT, and, coming from only ever driving manuals, I freakin' love it. However, after reading through a lot of the threads here, I'm starting to worry that I made a terrible mistake in getting a DCT instead of a manual. My car was built in May of 2012, currently only has about 500 miles on it and is performing wonderfully. With that said, is there a way that I can find out what TCM firmware I'm running because I don't want anything to change. I'm assuming that since FSA 12B37 came out BEFORE my car was built it should have the latest and greatest of everything right from the factory. Does that sound correct to you guys, or should I be worried about that FSA as well?? Thanks!
Old 07-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #1294
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

FF Reputation: 47 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Ok, so I just purchased a new 2012 Focus SEL with the DCT, and, coming from only ever driving manuals, I freakin' love it. However, after reading through a lot of the threads here, I'm starting to worry that I made a terrible mistake in getting a DCT instead of a manual. My car was built in May of 2012, currently only has about 500 miles on it and is performing wonderfully. With that said, is there a way that I can find out what TCM firmware I'm running because I don't want anything to change. I'm assuming that since FSA 12B37 came out BEFORE my car was built it should have the latest and greatest of everything right from the factory. Does that sound correct to you guys, or should I be worried about that FSA as well?? Thanks!
I don't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure that you have a Job 2 car, in which the firmware was already incorporated into the car pre-delivery. The FSA only applied to Job 1 cars (of which I fall into).

Don't let the nay-sayers scare you about the DCT. Yes, it wasn't overly great on the initial fleet of cars. Yes, people have had problems. Yes, some people do (or still think they do) have a couple issues. But trust me, this thread has died down a LOT in the last month or so. Both of my buddies with Job 2 cars love it.

AFTER I FIRMLY DROVE MY CAR THE RECOMMENDED 1000 MILES in a manner recommended by other forum members here, my DCT is a dream. There are a couple things I wouldn't mind tweaked, and yes there are a couple of little hiccups, but overall it is awesome!

I had to bold the statement because a lot of the people who were overly arguing this FSA have seemed to have disappeared. While some of them may have been traded-in, I would imagine that many of them tried the advise on here and just didn't come back to update their results.

FocusFest 2013: Best of Show
Gateway FFW: Show Class Outstanding
September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1295
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
I don't remember the exact date, but I'm pretty sure that you have a Job 2 car, in which the firmware was already incorporated into the car pre-delivery. The FSA only applied to Job 1 cars (of which I fall into).

Don't let the nay-sayers scare you about the DCT. Yes, it wasn't overly great on the initial fleet of cars. Yes, people have had problems. Yes, some people do (or still think they do) have a couple issues. But trust me, this thread has died down a LOT in the last month or so. Both of my buddies with Job 2 cars love it.
The FSA 12B37 does apply to all cars built on or before 3/28/12. 3/5/12 was the start of the Job 2 builds. So to say that all Job 2 cars are not included in the update is false, but if their car was built in May then it should have the latest calibration straight from the factory.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1296
Dylan1970
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100905
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Dylan1970 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
My car was built in May 2012 too and I'm having some real noise and shifting issues. Perhaps you got lucky with a good car but mine has 825 miles and it rattles terribly when it shifts, plus it seems to be double-shifting too soon. I took the advice and have tried to drive it firmly but that just makes the problem worse. I'm not the kind of person who generally shoots away from a dead stop like a rocket, my driving style is much less aggressive. I tend to use steady increasing pressure but that doesn't seem to work with this car. I never thought I'd have to re-learn how to drive.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #1297
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss6052 View Post
The FSA 12B37 does apply to all cars built on or before 3/28/12. 3/5/12 was the start of the Job 2 builds. So to say that all Job 2 cars are not included in the update is false, but if their car was built in May then it should have the latest calibration straight from the factory.
Yes, I stand corrected. I was thinking that the Job 2 dates were in the beginning of April. I had just come across the date and thought 'Crap'.

The majority of what I said was correct. Sometimes I think that you have all of this information on a Rolodex that you keep with you at all times...

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #1298
kjl2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97883
What I Drive: 2012 se black

FF Reputation: 1 kjl2012 Good Standing Member
He just knows what hes talken about. hint hint
Old 07-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #1299
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1970 View Post
My car was built in May 2012 too and I'm having some real noise and shifting issues. Perhaps you got lucky with a good car but mine has 825 miles and it rattles terribly when it shifts, plus it seems to be double-shifting too soon. I took the advice and have tried to drive it firmly but that just makes the problem worse. I'm not the kind of person who generally shoots away from a dead stop like a rocket, my driving style is much less aggressive. I tend to use steady increasing pressure but that doesn't seem to work with this car. I never thought I'd have to re-learn how to drive.
If you are hearing rattling at your mileage, then I would probably see the dealer to get it documented. They will tell you to go and come back if it's still making the noise after 1k, but this will make sure that your documentation process starts.

As for the shifting, my car actually was quirky up to and a bit beyond the 1k mark, though I had the car reset a couple of times and I believe that is why the car took so long...but now it's like glass. Initially (and on very random occasions now) I had to drive the transmission more than the car.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-
Old 07-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #1300
dyn085
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjl2012 View Post
He just knows what hes talken about. hint hint
Trying to say something here? I don't claim to know everything, and I admit when I say something incorrect. It's the best I can do...

I do try to help the community more than some people who only want to spit anger and frustration, or worse, misinformation based on random guesses and no factual data.

September '13 ROTM
2014 FiST-

Bookmarks & Social Networks