DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-09-2011, 04:39 PM   #121
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Whenever my stinking parts come in that ive been waiting 2 months for i will have them apply the TSB for the key FOB and transmission issues. Also anyone know if the dealerships have the new MFT updates available yet? If so might as well get that done too
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 11:36 PM   #122
JRicky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84998
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport

FF Reputation: 1 JRicky Good Standing Member
So... I took my car in to the dealer that my family has always used for service. I made the appt in regards to the TSB, explained the TSB to the girl, left my key and walked over to Subway for lunch..she calls me
"says there are no *recalls* on my car"
that my "VIN doesnt need the service"
I countered this with "all produced before aug 12..." she said it depends on the plant it comes from... ok sister the north american focus is only coming from MI, it's not an F 150 where there's kansas city, ontario canada, etc..

they refused to do any TSB work without me leaving them the car so they can duplicate the issue... umm.. it's only shuddered twice.. and I'm not leaving my car for a week for there to be another cold, rainy day for them to 'try' and find the issue.

end of rant... if you're ever in Western New York, don't bother with Emerling Ford in Springville...all the good people that worked there retired or got better jobs, and (I'm 25 so this sounds ridiculous) but there's just smartass kids working there now.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #123
fatfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90985
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 fatfocus Good Standing Member
I called my dealer last week, asking if they knew about the TSB. I was told that there was no recall on my vehicle, etc. I'm going in to get an oil change, and I will mention it to them again, and tell them I have some of the "issues", intermittently. We'll see how the "Canadians" handle their customers.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #124
Joey D
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86391
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Titanium 5-Dr

FF Reputation: 2 Joey D Good Standing Member
I dropped my car off last night to have the TSB fix done to my car, I thought it would be pretty simple and I could swing by the dealer after work tonight. Turns out that's not the case, there is something else wrong with the transmission that they are attempting to diagnose. I hope it is nothing serious.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:05 PM   #125
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,240, Level 35
Points: 3,240, Level: 35 Points: 3,240, Level: 35 Points: 3,240, Level: 35
Level Up 27% Completed
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
These dealership advisers are morons. These are not RECALLS, they're TSBs. Completely different!

Also, Focus4U, can you get the TSB number of the key fob issue?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #126
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91122
What I Drive: 2012 Triple Plat White Focus Ti HB

FF Reputation: 1 KaputtEqu1pment Good Standing Member
I went to the owner.ford.com website and punched my info in, and it says that there are no TSB's available for my vehicle, etc. Does that mean i'm in the clear or should i still pursue this?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #127
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,240, Level 35
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
I went to the owner.ford.com website and punched my info in, and it says that there are no TSB's available for my vehicle, etc. Does that mean i'm in the clear or should i still pursue this?
Where did you find an area that listed TSBs? All I see is a spot for recall notices. These procedures aren't recalls.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #128
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Where did you find an area that listed TSBs? All I see is a spot for recall notices. These procedures aren't recalls.
Oh i'm sorry, that's what i meant. I guess i mixed the two up. In this case then, where do i go to check these out?

Furthermore, i've had my car for about 1k miles now and I've driven in it rigorously @ varied speeds, etc -- I can't 'feel' the problems that people are having with the transmission. Should I still update?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #129
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Points 3,240, Level 35
Level Up 27% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaputtEqu1pment View Post
Oh i'm sorry, that's what i meant. I guess i mixed the two up. In this case then, where do i go to check these out?

Furthermore, i've had my car for about 1k miles now and I've driven in it rigorously @ varied speeds, etc -- I can't 'feel' the problems that people are having with the transmission. Should I still update?
First, check your build date. In your driver's door jamb on the left side there's a sticker with the manufacture month/year. Below that is a line of numbers/letters that's something like XX08122011XX which would be August 12th, 2011, if it's that date or before, you should get the transmission TSB applied. If it's after that date, your car has the updated transmission programming from the factory.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 PM   #130
KaputtEqu1pment
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
First, check your build date. In your driver's door jamb on the left side there's a sticker with the manufacture month/year. Below that is a line of numbers/letters that's something like XX08122011XX which would be August 12th, 2011, if it's that date or before, you should get the transmission TSB applied. If it's after that date, your car has the updated transmission programming from the factory.
Thanks for answering that part of the question feta; however, is there a site/place i can go to specifically that will list all the TSB's for this vehicle?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.