DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 121 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #1201
TORQUERULES
The Professor

Fan#: 1083
What I Drive: '12 Black SEL 302A; '87 'Stang

FF Reputation: 9 TORQUERULES Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Got my update done on 6/4/12. The shifts are much less harsh (that didn't bother me since I like a firm shift), but are much more precise (no slipping feeling, it just goes into gear quickly). I am happy to see these nice, precise, butter smooth shifts. The shifting RPM seems to be spot on, and the car does not hunt for the proper gear on a hill. The ECU seems to predict the proper gear needed much better than before. I believe my idle RPM is slightly higher, which is a good thing since it was way too low and thus bumpy. Much better now.

All in all I am happy with this update, but I really had no complaints before after the ECU adapted to my driving. This new update is adapting well BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #1202
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I agree. We have had similar service from our dealer and the DCT has been absolutely wonderful. I think some people must be driving a different car.

I do not think there are a lot a problems with the DCT. I sympathize with those who are experiencing problems but they are a small minority of all 12 Foci on the road.
You're combining two subjects - dealer service and DCT issues. You said you agree with Riderbike, but I'm assuming that's only with his favorable opinion on customer service since he's been clear about his real DCT issues (specifically one of the clutches which has since been replaced and works fine now). So I assume you disagree with him on the issue of the DCT "problems" being real or imaginary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoasterDan View Post
I can't agree with you. I think that many people have experienced problems with the transmission, hence the recall. Plus, seemingly every newspaper, magazine and online review panned the transmission.
Agreed! Looks like Ford may have finally gotten the software right for the most part, or at least as right as we can reasonably hope for. But it was a long bumpy road to get here.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #1203
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
I got my update yesterday. I thought my Ti Hatch wasn't even eligible for the re-flash since mine was built March 12th 2012... but I got the letter.

I had some shuddering and erratic RPM for low gears in the first 1500km, but after the break in period, I had no issue at all with the transmission.

I test drove it yesterday after picking it up at the dealer and did not notice anything different, which is fine by me because it was already shifting smoothly and behaving as a normal car.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #1204
peppersmum
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 98989
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Hatchback SE Red Candy

FF Reputation: 1 peppersmum Good Standing Member
DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread

I got the update done on mine on Monday and there is a noticeable improvement in shifting.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #1205
rockton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99956
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 rockton Good Standing Member
Got the flash done yesterday. Not very happy with it. It introduced another problem to my car. My driveway is on a bit of an incline. Not much but just enough to have the car roll backwards if it was in neutral.

With the new update now. If i Park my car and shift it into park. after two seconds the car rolls backwards a bit. It never used to do that. One the car is in park and your foot off the brake. You dont expect the car to drift backwards after a few seconds.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #1206
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti HB w/Handling Package

FF Reputation: 43 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I just put my parking brake on while in D and take my foot off the brake. After it settles, I put my foot back on and shift to P.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #1207
rockton
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99956
What I Drive: 2012

FF Reputation: 1 rockton Good Standing Member
Yes I understand.. but if I wanted the car to act like it had a manual tranny I would have bought a car with a manual tranny.. FWIW. Its my wifes car. It worked flawlessly before the recall.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #1208
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Sounds to me like the new rollback or hillstart feature is releasing, as it is supposed to.

Parking brake might be an option here, if the slight rearward release is bothersome, or just wait for it to release, then set the parking brake.

I'd sure contact Ford in any case, to see if this is normal behavior as a result of the update. If abnormal, they certainly need to know about it. Good luck.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #1209
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
You should always set the e-brake.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #1210
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockton View Post
If i Park my car and shift it into park. after two seconds the car rolls backwards a bit. It never used to do that. One the car is in park and your foot off the brake. You dont expect the car to drift backwards after a few seconds.
I wouldn't expect the car to move at all.
I would expect that the parking brake would prevent that from happening.

Bookmarks & Social Networks