DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 120 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #1191
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
My DCT has been pretty good from the start, a short period of strange behavior that settled out after about 5k but, since Ford called for it, I had the update done on Tuesday last, it only took about four hours to complete. After I picked it up I hit the freeway and drove 14 miles to the next town, just to see if there was any change in fuel economy with the update and there was a bit - the drive at 70 (all highway) gave me 46.3 mpg.
Man! What a tailwind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #1192
Jig Saw
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94419
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Se

FF Reputation: 1 Jig Saw Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
For the first time yesterday, at a light making a left, I went to accelerate and the rpms went up to 3000 and didnt move. LOL. When I got off the gas and it dropped to 1000 it finally grabbed a gear and went. First time ever happening. Car has 5700 miles.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #1193
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Points 542, Level 10
Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw View Post
For the first time yesterday, at a light making a left, I went to accelerate and the rpms went up to 3000 and didnt move. LOL. When I got off the gas and it dropped to 1000 it finally grabbed a gear and went. First time ever happening. Car has 5700 miles.
Have you had FSA 12B37 applied? Did you get the letter from Ford?
Old 06-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #1194
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jig Saw View Post
Behavior like that across the board fried my dct clutch for gears 2, 4, and 6. Hoping 1,3, and 5 clutch hangs in there for the duration. All gears were subjected to excessive clutch slippage during various weird dct behavior.

All seems well now (crosses fingers).
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #1195
Jig Saw
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94419
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Se

FF Reputation: 1 Jig Saw Good Standing Member
Yes I did have the tsb done and also received the letter. Had it done a week ago but this is the first time I have ever noticed something like that.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #1196
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
Behavior like that across the board fried my dct clutch for gears 2, 4, and 6. Hoping 1,3, and 5 clutch hangs in there for the duration. All gears were subjected to excessive clutch slippage during various weird dct behavior.

All seems well now (crosses fingers).
Ford is haveing more and more trouble with the transnission i hope that they will extend the warranty on it.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 PM   #1197
r1derbike
Focus Addict

I do have an extended warranty on the entire car. Gratis. Another 5 free oil changes on top of the 5 that came with the vehicle. Gratis. Rentals on the extended warranty. Gratis.

In writing. Signed by the dealer's customer service manager.

They've done everything for me, that was expected, and obviously some that was not.

I couldn't have asked for better treatment, each and every time I entered that dealership, with a few issues.

Very lucky to have that caliber service, follow-up calls, and all from the CSM, and techs.

I trust this car now, and taking another journey with it tomorrow. I love this car, and so does my wife, more so than her new Cruze. That says a lot.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:19 AM   #1198
6769MOPARS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86108
What I Drive: PB Focus ST2 and 67 426 Hemi GTX

Points 542, Level 10
Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10 Points: 542, Level: 10
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 6769MOPARS Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
I do have an extended warranty on the entire car. Gratis. Another 5 free oil changes on top of the 5 that came with the vehicle. Gratis. Rentals on the extended warranty. Gratis.

In writing. Signed by the dealer's customer service manager.

They've done everything for me, that was expected, and obviously some that was not.

I couldn't have asked for better treatment, each and every time I entered that dealership, with a few issues.

Very lucky to have that caliber service, follow-up calls, and all from the CSM, and techs.

I trust this car now, and taking another journey with it tomorrow. I love this car, and so does my wife, more so than her new Cruze. That says a lot.
I agree. We have had similar service from our dealer and the DCT has been absolutely wonderful. I think some people must be driving a different car.

I do not think there are a lot a problems with the DCT. I sympathize with those who are experiencing problems but they are a small minority of all 12 Foci on the road.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #1199
halfmoonclip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87235
What I Drive: '12 Ingot Silver SEL

FF Reputation: 1 halfmoonclip Good Standing Member
I'll add an observation on the 'hill-hold' after you've put your foot on the brake. It appears that a firm push on the brake is required to make the system work; light pressure will keep the car from moving, but it doesn't appear to be enough to activate the system.
As noted earlier, there is a nearly inaudible 'click' when the system releases.
Moon
ETA-
My tranny has never been really bad, tho' it did display some jumpiness. Did have an odd surge at light throttle yesterday, so I'll keep an eye open for problems, but overall the reflash has been a huge improvement.
M
Old 06-07-2012, 10:54 AM   #1200
CoasterDan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86083
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE Hatch Tuxedo Black

FF Reputation: 1 CoasterDan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6769MOPARS View Post
I agree. We have had similar service from our dealer and the DCT has been absolutely wonderful. I think some people must be driving a different car.

I do not think there are a lot a problems with the DCT. I sympathize with those who are experiencing problems but they are a small minority of all 12 Foci on the road.
I can't agree with you. I think that many people have experienced problems with the transmission, hence the recall. Plus, seemingly every newspaper, magazine and online review panned the transmission.

Hopefully, the cars that have been built recently are fine, but a lot of earlier ones suffered from less than optimal programming. In my case, the trans. shifted much too quickly out of first and second gears in most situations, leaving the car feeling very sluggish. Ford probably did that to achieve good mileage ratings, but that was a mistake. The trans. is much better now with the reprogramming, and my car now drives like a "normal" car. It will shift into second and then third at a low rpm if I use very light throttle but holds the gears much longer if I use more gas. That's the way it should have been programmed in the first place.

I think there are certain other imperfections in the transmission--downshifts are often slow, there is some clutch "chatter" at low speeds for lack of a better word--but I am satisfied with it now.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.