DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 12 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2011, 09:27 PM   #111
sprcoop
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91034
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Met, 201A, Sport, 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 sprcoop Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I thought the tranny was OK before I got the update but it is much better now. I was kind of like you in that I only experienced an odd tranny slip on a couple of left turns at lights and some gear hunting at times. Not since the update.

I have experienced one "lurch/clunk" in my driveway and my wife told me today she got it once (in my driveway) since the update. Stay tuned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #112
Hendrix
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91562
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Hendrix Good Standing Member
I called my dealer (North Country Ford) here in MN, and got the run around from the service adviser tonight. Kept telling me that she didn't see anything about the TSB. Pretty frustrated after dealing with her, so I'll let it wait a week and try again I guess. I should have known to ask for someone else when she asked me twice if it was the 2.5 liter....
Old 11-09-2011, 07:10 AM   #113
a_witty_screenname
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88017
What I Drive: 2013 Black ST

FF Reputation: 1 a_witty_screenname Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
How many miles were on your car when you did the dianostics? What was your driving conditions (light, medium, heavy)?
I ran the diagnostics/report at 2290 miles after a few minutes of idling. Light driving conditions; didn't rev the engine any, made sure I was on a level surface, weather was a balmy 70ish. If it does indeed have something to do with the emissions rather than the trans then my apologies for causing a bit of a stir. Was thinking the two might be related is all.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #114
reddog093
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87287
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE

FF Reputation: 1 reddog093 Good Standing Member
Dropped the car off today with Ford Service. They seemed very hesitant to give me the update and are having their Transmission guy test the car and let me know. Since it's not a recall, he said I'm not guaranteed the update.

Apparently, I'm the first at their dealership to address the issue, and the guy tried to tell me that nobody else is having this problem. Apparently, he doesn't read Car & Driver, MotorTrend, Consumer Reports or The New York Times. I told him that I follow online discussion forums for the car to keep an eye on parts and issues and that everyone mentions how much better the car is with the update; however, he shrugged it off as a select group that's overly critical and doesn't represent the general population.

After leaving, I called the Sales manager who I purchased the car from and went through my facts and findings with him. He has been a family friend for 20 years and is the reason I purchased the car from him. I'm hoping he can encourage their Service Department to perform the update - as I'm doubtful about them coming to my same conclusion (I've put 4,000 miles on the car since June 30th. They might just take it around the block).

Here's hoping I don't have to fight for it!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #115
HPDSgtJDS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88509
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL w/ MFT & Nav

FF Reputation: 1 HPDSgtJDS Good Standing Member

So the dealership called me yesterday and at first said my car already had the latest software... After expressing my disbelief he called later and said it had been updated... Not sure what I believe, but with my paperwork they included the attached piece of paper showing the current version installed... Anyone have an opinion on it? So far Lady K does seem to have more pep off the line.. I should have a better opinion after my 500 mile road trip this weekend.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=29.760147,-95.362440
Old 11-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #116
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
I just scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday for an oil change(i only have 2,000 some odd miles but I've had the car since June so figured it was time lol) and this TSB.

How long does the TSB typically take to perform? I am debating taking the day off from work and waiting until they fix it that day. When I called the service person said they couldn't see a TSB out but asked if I was experiencing any problems. Honestly, I have not at all but I told her I was experiencing sharp shudders at low speeds and when coming to a red light.

My service department is typically very good so I hope they aren't going to give me the run around.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:16 PM   #117
reddog093
Focus Rookie

I'm updated! Haven't tested it out, but the drive back from the dealership did seem to feel like the car had a higher shift point.

Fortunately, I didn't have to fight for it. The guys were really great!

I'm including the following, in case it's helpful to anyone:
Primary cause for them looking into the problem: "A C/S Vehicle not downshifting when it needs to (Will Shudder when coming to a stop)." <--I knew this was on the TSB and used it as my reason with the dealership. It actually happened a few times for my vehicle, so I figured I'd use a symptom that I know they were addressing.

Result: "M Technician Reprogramed PCM and TCM as per TSB 11-10-2 (Also see SSM 21918)"

SSM 21918 is a special service message about how our transmission does tend to "shudder" and how it will not cause reliability/durability issues. As long as there is no leaking tranny fluid, there is no need to investigate that issue further.

I was worried going into the dealership, but I'm very happy with the outcome.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:39 PM   #118
cappa
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85229
What I Drive: 2000 VW Golf / 2012 Ford Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 cappa Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog093 View Post
I'm updated! Haven't tested it out, but the drive back from the dealership did seem to feel like the car had a higher shift point.

Fortunately, I didn't have to fight for it. The guys were really great!

I'm including the following, in case it's helpful to anyone:
Primary cause for them looking into the problem: "A C/S Vehicle not downshifting when it needs to (Will Shudder when coming to a stop)." <--I knew this was on the TSB and used it as my reason with the dealership. It actually happened a few times for my vehicle, so I figured I'd use a symptom that I know they were addressing.

Result: "M Technician Reprogramed PCM and TCM as per TSB 11-10-2 (Also see SSM 21918)"

SSM 21918 is a special service message about how our transmission does tend to "shudder" and how it will not cause reliability/durability issues. As long as there is no leaking tranny fluid, there is no need to investigate that issue further.

I was worried going into the dealership, but I'm very happy with the outcome.
how long did they take to perform the update?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM   #119
reddog093
Focus Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappa View Post
how long did they take to perform the update?
Dropped it off at 8:30am and it was ready by 1:30.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #120
Focus4U
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89706
What I Drive: 2012 blue focus SE sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Focus4U Good Standing Member
Dct - tsb

I did the TSB work today and I look forward to a smooth DCT. A knowlegeable service consultant sould be able to find the TSB.
This TSB work should only take 30 minutes and another 20 minutes or so for the mechanic to test drive according to my friend at the Ford dealership. Of course this could mean half a day depending on how busy they are and the appt was made beforehand. I mentioned the RPM surge on decelaration, irregular idle with shudder, and roughness at low speeds. Any one or a combination of these should be enough reason for them to do TSB work on the car. BTW, the very 1st TSB out on the 12 Focus is the No response to the Key FOB. This was done with the DCT work today.

Bookmarks & Social Networks