DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 11 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #101
HPDSgtJDS
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 88509
What I Drive: 2012 Silver SEL w/ MFT & Nav

FF Reputation: 1 HPDSgtJDS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Just dropped off Lady K for the TSB.... All fingers crossed... I'm using Planet Ford here in North Houston which is a large dealership. Although I live next to Tomball Ford, I wanted the advantage of hopefully having a technician that is familiar with this TSB... Pipe dream? I'll update later after she returns.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #102
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprcoop View Post
After putting a few miles on the car Sunday (it's the wife's car so I don't drive it much) and being very impressed with the new shift pattern and off the line performance I took it out for a spin testing the SCV (Speed Compensated Volume) which was disabled by default. What's up with that?

Pulling into my driveway (which I hate since it is about a 20% grade and 3 feet longer than my car. This makes it fun to get my a$$ of the sidewalk without going through the garage door) I got a lurch and a loud clunk.

Couldn't duplicate it but it did not ever happen to me before the update and the wife never experienced it either. Probably just the perfect storm (my driveway) for this type of tranny. We'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahe View Post
That's weird, I had the same exact clunk whenever I pulled into my driveway. It's only happened once, though. What could the problem be?
Ditto. About two weeks after I got the car (so about the 3rd week of August). The driveway out of my place of work is also about a 20% grade as well and I was pulling out taking my left onto a main road. Only time it has happened though. Haven't heard it since.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #103
bpmurr
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 88361
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium, 2011 GT500

FF Reputation: 1 bpmurr Good Standing Member
Had the TSB done last week and the car shifts much smoother now. The power delivery also is more responsive. I'm very happy so far with the update.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #104
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,947, Level 33
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_witty_screenname View Post
Ran a vehicle health report today and it came back with this on the owner website:
ID: 11E04
Title: REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

I'm thinking that Ford might be taking the TSB a step further and applying it to all transmissions.
I ran my health report and this did not come up; however, I have already had the updated transmission TSB applied.

As far as my transmission goes, I think it's making the same kinds of noises as it used to when it's cold. (I think that's just the nature of the DCT). Unless my dealership didn't do the adaptive learning reset step in the TSB, but my transmission seems to be working alright (still kind of jerky at slow speeds).
Old 11-08-2011, 11:31 AM   #105
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I ran my health report and this did not come up; however, I have already had the updated transmission TSB applied.

As far as my transmission goes, I think it's making the same kinds of noises as it used to when it's cold. (I think that's just the nature of the DCT). Unless my dealership didn't do the adaptive learning reset step in the TSB, but my transmission seems to be working alright (still kind of jerky at slow speeds).
I've recently noticed some clunk/jerkiness at slower speeds as well, but I feel like the shuddering isn't as prominent.

I will say though at extended stops waiting for traffic, etc. in some cases the jerkiness isn't necessarily worse, but it's more frequent whereas it used to be intermittent, it would be smooth for a time, then shudder, then smooth, and today it felt like it was constantly shuddering.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #106
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,947, Level 33
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Level Up 32% Completed
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I've recently noticed some clunk/jerkiness at slower speeds as well, but I feel like the shuddering isn't as prominent.

I will say though at extended stops waiting for traffic, etc. in some cases the jerkiness isn't necessarily worse, but it's more frequent whereas it used to be intermittent, it would be smooth for a time, then shudder, then smooth, and today it felt like it was constantly shuddering.
My guess is that it's just because of the (EXTREME) engine braking. Ford probably shouldn't have used engine breaking in 1st gear considering it shifts to 2nd at such a low speed.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #107
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
I ran my vehicle health report and nothing came up. All is normal and I will run another report 1,000 miles from now.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:18 PM   #108
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_witty_screenname View Post
Ran a vehicle health report today and it came back with this on the owner website:
ID: 11E04
Title: REPROGRAM THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

I'm thinking that Ford might be taking the TSB a step further and applying it to all transmissions.
How many miles were on your car when you did the dianostics? What was your driving conditions (light, medium, heavy)?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #109
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
My guess is that it's just because of the (EXTREME) engine braking. Ford probably shouldn't have used engine breaking in 1st gear considering it shifts to 2nd at such a low speed.
Very true. It's not really a big deal, I don't notice the odd characteristics of the transmission when I'm not thinking about it. Lately I have to feel for a difference but when I just go for a drive, it's felt smooth to me because I'm not analyzing each little shimmy or shake the car makes.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 11-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #110
cathyvictor
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 89675
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Apple Red Focus SEL Sed

FF Reputation: 1 cathyvictor Good Standing Member
My Focus (Red Candy SEL Sedan) ordered in May 2011, was finally built in August 3rd (delivered August 10th to Sarnia Ontario). With 2400 miles on it, the shudder is gone, however there was one instance when going around a corner when the light turned green (left turn), that the engine just revved as in neutral. I think I was in S mode and went into D and all was ok. Otherwise the tranny has been smooth. I don't want to make it worse, but if this last TSB is the end all to be all, I don't want to live with a car that is not all it can be!. Should I or shouldn't I reflash, that is the question!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.