DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 107 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #1061
sdrono
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92500
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium sedan

FF Reputation: 1 sdrono Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hey all after about 3 weeks of driving after having the the trans flashed, I have to say the car is definitely shifting better and seems to have better pick up (no more shudder either) I think that if Ford would have had this update installed right off the bat the Focus would have beaten the Elantra in test. Good job on update Ford, you should have done it this way in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #1062
gkirk
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91903
What I Drive: 2012 C.Red Focus SE Sport Package

FF Reputation: 3 gkirk Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrono View Post
Hey all after about 3 weeks of driving after having the the trans flashed, I have to say the car is definitely shifting better and seems to have better pick up (no more shudder either) I think that if Ford would have had this update installed right off the bat the Focus would have beaten the Elantra in test. Good job on update Ford, you should have done it this way in the first place.
I just got mine flashed and I noticed immediately that it was shifting better. At one point, I took a 90 degree turn and hit the gas. The car immediately shifted into the correct gear and took off. This would have had some noticeable delay before. It is a huge improvement. I did notice that it didn't entirely fix the grinding sound at low speeds, but it seems like the shift point is higher for 1st, so it doesn't do it as often.

All in all, for me this is a step up. My build was Sept 2011, so i was at least 2 updates behind.

Last edited by gkirk; 05-02-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #1063
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
I just had my Ti in for the recall, MFT update, and TSB check. The invoice says nothing about updating the transmissions, but the shifting is even smoother than before and it was smooth before!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #1064
mcdiv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94558
What I Drive: 2012 titanium, kona blue

FF Reputation: 1 mcdiv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Went in for an oil change today and had them reflash the trans. So far so good. Only 50km on it so far but it seems much better. Hopefully it lasts, I was getting a bit tired of the lurching at low speeds.

Also included in my service was the wiper recall. Finally I can sleep easy at night, knowing I've got a new rubber boot, or something.

Last edited by mcdiv; 05-02-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Missed some words
Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 PM   #1065
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdiv View Post
Went in for an oil change today and had them reflash the trans. So far so good. Only 50km on it so far but it seems much better. Hopefully it lasts, I was getting a bit tired of the lurching at low speeds.

Also included in my service was the wiper recall. Finally I can sleep easy at night, knowing I've got a rubber boot or something.
well I can't wait to see my Ti behavior will improve after the break in period... im only at 600km so far (bought it on April 19th), and although mine was built March 2012,I get all the same symptoms as described here... lurching at low speeds, erractic gear shift, etc.

at least i know I can count on a reflash is required...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #1066
2012FocusSEL
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98567
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 2012FocusSEL Good Standing Member
Hey everyone! I am new to posting on this forum as a member but i have been following a lot of threads on here for a month or so with that said after reading 90 pages of this particular thread i feel armed to the hilt with part numbers, TSB's, useful info and a ton of acronyms!

So i have a SEL Focus build date 22.11.2011 with just over 1K on it now and i absolutely love everything about it... except when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear i get a nice chatter/grinding/uncomfortable sound. I see several others have or have had the same issue but have yet to see anyone with the low speed chatter either have the issue fixed or be told it's normal, so should i be concerned or just let it ride out and see if it worsens? Thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #1067
Freedom540
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 98402
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Freedom540 Good Standing Member
I think there is a brand new May 4th update flash

I brought my car in earlier this week for the power window/puddle light issue in addition to the crummy passing gear delay problem with the trans. They told me that "Just Today" they received a new flash reprogram for the transmission software. So it would appear that a new software version just came out today. I don't know how to read these work orders on my receipt but it mentions they did the update. MUCH better transmission feel even now while it is relearning. now I don't have to look back 2 miles before passing a truck on I95. Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there that there seems to be yet another flash version released today. By the way, my DCT was mainly ok except for the passing gear thing before the flash, as it was built Oct, 2011. But man, big improvement!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #1068
PrideSax711
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97050
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver SE

FF Reputation: 1 PrideSax711 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012FocusSEL View Post
Hey everyone! I am new to posting on this forum as a member but i have been following a lot of threads on here for a month or so with that said after reading 90 pages of this particular thread i feel armed to the hilt with part numbers, TSB's, useful info and a ton of acronyms!

So i have a SEL Focus build date 22.11.2011 with just over 1K on it now and i absolutely love everything about it... except when it shifts from 1st to 2nd gear i get a nice chatter/grinding/uncomfortable sound. I see several others have or have had the same issue but have yet to see anyone with the low speed chatter either have the issue fixed or be told it's normal, so should i be concerned or just let it ride out and see if it worsens? Thanks!
Wow, I have the exact same build date on my SE! I am going to get the transmission reflashed pretty soon. The 1st to 2nd gear sound is happening on mine too every once in a while and the reflash is supposed to fix it.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:49 AM   #1069
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Ford has a new TSB issued on 5/3/2012 that involves updating the programming of: PCM, TCM and ABS modules. This maybe the update that provides the biggest improvement, please have a look. There is another thread on this entitled "TSB 12B37 - New"

Brian
Old 05-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #1070
dan50
Focus Addict

Fan#: 91789
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum 5 Dr 302A

FF Reputation: 11 dan50 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor1956 View Post
Ford has a new TSB issued on 5/3/2012 that involves updating the programming of: PCM, TCM and ABS modules. This maybe the update that provides the biggest improvement, please have a look. There is another thread on this entitled "TSB 12B37 - New"

Brian
To avoid confusion with dealer service departments, 12B37 is not a TSB, but an FSA ("Field Service Action"). Not sure of the difference, but I think a TSB applies only if a customer has a complaint while an FSA applies to all eligible cars.

Knowing how some service departments operate, referring to a TSB in this case may get you a blank stare and no progress.

To confirm your car is covered, go to etis.ford.com and input your VIN in the "vehicle" section.

Bookmarks & Social Networks