DCT / PowerShift Transmission Update TSB Thread - Page 102 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive

MK3 TSB, Recall & Problems Archive The place to chat about TSB and Known Issues for the 2012 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #1011
Red 2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85244
What I Drive: 2012 candy red SEL; 2005 Freestyle

FF Reputation: 1 Red 2012 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
That's what I am thinking ... it would be really smart of them if they could just turn off the adaptive learning cycle and set up a same shift pattern every time ... I'm thinking they have over-reached what they can leave up to the "computer" to do for us humans.

just turn it off and give us same, same every time and let us humans decide what we want to do with a program we can depend on to be the same, same every time.

I think that will work better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #1012
bigdetfan
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97576
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti

FF Reputation: 1 bigdetfan Good Standing Member
My focus will arrive next week

Any special way I need to drive with the DCT to begin with ? Thanks in advance. build date 3-27-2012
Old 04-14-2012, 06:21 PM   #1013
Red 2012
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85244
What I Drive: 2012 candy red SEL; 2005 Freestyle

FF Reputation: 1 Red 2012 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdetfan View Post
Any special way I need to drive with the DCT to begin with ? Thanks in advance. build date 3-27-2012
If we are to believe the Ford engineering and human factors geniuses... there is absolutely NOTHING you need to do but be YOU. A lot of the stuff you read in this tread is trying to solve or absolve some of the early problems ford had in its goal to eliminate the need for human decision making while driving the DCT.

get the car, and it may very well work fine ... like Luke Skywalker ... one with your machine.

I on the other hand seem to be driving a different car ... depending on what kind of driving i am doing that day ... heavy traffic, light traffic, highway etc.
But unfortunately it seems to lag the specific pattern i'm driving about half the time.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #1014
kam327
-----<M>-----

Fan#: 94700
What I Drive: '14 Ruby Ti w/ Handling Pkg

FF Reputation: 11 kam327 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red 2012 View Post
If we are to believe the Ford engineering and human factors geniuses... there is absolutely NOTHING you need to do but be YOU.
Not if you believe half the fanboys on here who blame all the DCT problems on "driver error"!
Old 04-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #1015
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
I had the clutch replaced controlling gears 2, 4, and 6. No more chatter. I still have complaints about on/off light throttle transitions, slow downhill coast erratic shifting, and "S" mode double downshifts when hitting the brake twice on downhill inclines; possibly that works as intended, but going down a hill at a screaming 5K rpm is a bit unsettling, when I probably should have only tapped the brake once.

That isssue I am blaming myself, as I've driven manuals and autos for 42 years, and this is something quite new, that I have to get used to.

At any rate, no double brakey on downhilly unless you want engine to go zoomy-zoomy!

Dont recall if I was in just "S" mode, or "S" mode and hit downshift once on the toggle, and then hit the brake.

Where's that manual when you need it!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:20 PM   #1016
Razko
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 96602
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy FoFo Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Razko Good Standing Member
Just wondering, when was the last TSB update? And would a car built in April 2012 already come with the newest flash?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:25 PM   #1017
allyy

Fan#: 95236
What I Drive: 2012 focus

FF Reputation: -3 allyy Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1derbike View Post
I had the clutch replaced controlling gears 2, 4, and 6. No more chatter. I still have complaints about on/off light throttle transitions, slow downhill coast erratic shifting, and "S" mode double downshifts when hitting the brake twice on downhill inclines; possibly that works as intended, but going down a hill at a screaming 5K rpm is a bit unsettling, when I probably should have only tapped the brake once.

That isssue I am blaming myself, as I've driven manuals and autos for 42 years, and this is something quite new, that I have to get used to.

At any rate, no double brakey on downhilly unless you want engine to go zoomy-zoomy!

Dont recall if I was in just "S" mode, or "S" mode and hit downshift once on the toggle, and then hit the brake.

Where's that manual when you need it!

How many days was your car in the shop for the clutch?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #1018
narkotskyb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91412
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 narkotskyb Good Standing Member
Overheating - this could be - I live now in San Diego and my daily drive is all up/down canyons & mesas.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #1019
r1derbike
Focus Addict

Fan#: 62667
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport Hatch - Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 4 r1derbike Good Standing Member
ally, several days, 2 at most after parts arrved. Was told to drive it with the clutch chatter, and I had no problem with that, while the parts came-in. Seems it took 10 days for parts to get here...

So far, so good now.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #1020
ricomtl
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 97818
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Hatch Tx. Black

FF Reputation: 1 ricomtl Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razko View Post
Just wondering, when was the last TSB update? And would a car built in April 2012 already come with the newest flash?
same here... just got mine 3 days ago. Production date as per VIN is March 12th 2012.

As soon as I left the dealer's parking lot, I noticed that it was jerking & shuttering during stop & go. Before calling the dealer, I thought of coming online to find if this was normal behavior, and noticed 86 pages of this thread, with hundreds of similar situations as I have.

I tried locating the key posts with the steps to follow in reporting it to my dealer, but my head is spinning from reading all the content here!

Can someone let me know what is the exact TSB (is there a TSB# I can refer to) when I call the dealer?

Thanks! :)

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->