SYNC System Thread - Page 8 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #71
tmnCA
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91665
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Hatchback SE, Sport

FF Reputation: 0 tmnCA Poor Behavior Needs Improvement
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It's nothing to do with my iPod or iTunes settings, my iPod was plugged in to the car for about a month straight and was working until recently. I haven't bothered syncing it t my computer or changing playlists. Also when I unplugged the iPod and tested with my iPhone (which only has a few albums on it) the same thing happened.

My force-play workaround didn't fix the "building voice commands" problem - I'm going to have to just pull those fuses (now that I know where the fuse box is thanks to the other thread).

I really don't want to have to pul out fuses every 2 months, I hope a Sync update will fix this - appears to be some kind of memory leak type problem in Sync.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #72
chum567
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86507
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 chum567 Good Standing Member
So I went to sync for directions the other day and it wouldnt work saying I need to activate my sync services. I had already done this but since MFT had to be reset at the dealership maybe I needed to activate it again. But when I go online to activate it says I need to purchase the sync services :(
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #73
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
SIAP but I have a frequent problem where the car doesn't recognize my commands. I often have to shout at the top of my lungs before the recorded lady comes back with "Okay, traffic to home. Let me get that for you.". Seriously, I find myself getting pretty angry with her most of the time I try to use the system.

Anybody else?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #74
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
I noticed the calmer and more natural you talk the better the system works. When I use to try to pronounce each word perfectly is when I had my most trouble. My suggestion is speak in a normal tone of voice and do not try to speak to her as if you were speaking to some one that is new to the English language.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #75
leh0825
[:)][:)][:)][:)] I got this!!!!

Fan#: 63206
What I Drive: 04 F250 FX4 6.0L

FF Reputation: 8 leh0825 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterH View Post
It happened to me today but mine sounds worse. I can't get it to play any music from my iPod or a flash drive. iPod just says indexing and the usb stick says no media files when there is an album on there in mp3 format. Weird and frustrating.
Is your thumb drive in fat32?
Team Duratec #220/Sedan Revolution #179/NW Posse#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
Geesh. I mean I know it's just a Focus to the repair shop, but they couldn't give You something other than a rolling vagina to drive?
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #76
Creamsicle
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91108
What I Drive: 2012 Ti hatch

FF Reputation: 2 Creamsicle Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I noticed the calmer and more natural you talk the better the system works. When I use to try to pronounce each word perfectly is when I had my most trouble. My suggestion is speak in a normal tone of voice and do not try to speak to her as if you were speaking to some one that is new to the English language.
Thanks, that was the same excellent advice I received a few years ago about talking to my wife. Should be easy to apply to the car as well.

:)
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #77
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
But the big difference is ... the car has a mute button!!!! I told my wife that while driving ... and she HIT ME! I was like ... "Hey .. you cant hit the driver .. its the rule of the road!"
Old 02-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #78
CliftonBruce
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93258
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CliftonBruce Good Standing Member
Let's face facts... MFT and the whole system is a JOKE.. It works SOME of the time only.. It's the quirkiest system in ANY car built today.. Frustrating as all hell. I'd NEVER buy a Ford again unless they FIX this and fix it right. It works 50 per cent of the time AT BEST!
It's 2012 FORD! Get it right! AND.. where's the so called promised fix for this crap????
Old 02-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #79
scottjl
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86588
What I Drive: 2012 StrlGry 5dr Ti

FF Reputation: 1 scottjl Good Standing Member
so my sync locked up the other day when i tried to change radio stations (common). i drove for 30 minutes stuck on one station with a frozen, non-responsive display. i'm used to it. at least the volume dial still works, the control on the steering wheel didn't.

i shut off the car, got out, and watched for 5 minutes as it sat there before it finally went dark.

since then all my my pre-set buttons in the radio tuning are blank. even setting a new pre-set doesn't bring back any display.

i'm hoping to get that usb drive update before i get tired of this and have to pull the plug, again.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #80
Salonious
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91944
What I Drive: 2012 SEL, Frosted Glass

FF Reputation: 1 Salonious Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonBruce View Post
Let's face facts... MFT and the whole system is a JOKE.. It works SOME of the time only.. It's the quirkiest system in ANY car built today.. Frustrating as all hell. I'd NEVER buy a Ford again unless they FIX this and fix it right. It works 50 per cent of the time AT BEST!
It's 2012 FORD! Get it right! AND.. where's the so called promised fix for this crap????
Had I done more research, I'de done without the MFT. I really wanted it cause I'm a real techy kind of guy. Really regret paying the extra $$ now. The touch-screen system in my last Chrysler worked perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
so my sync locked up the other day when i tried to change radio stations (common).
This has happend to me a couple of times. The first time, I took in the shop. They had it for a whole day. Thought it was fixed.

APPARENTLY NOT

It's done it again since. Makes me want to bust a cap thru the screen. don't think the warrenty would cover that tho.

Really want to drive up to the Ford home office and "discuss" my dissatisfaction with the Engineering team.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.