SYNC System Thread - Page 41 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #401
ripto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99257
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 ripto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clump View Post
Rebuilt the collection onto the 64GB drive and as expected, too many files for track voice commands.

I have a 32GB drive and loaded about 28GB of music onto it, more or less what I would usually listen to and it works great. I didn't mess with the tag data at all, which makes me think it's a straight file count limitation.

64GB drive - 6,453 files
32GB drive - 2,965 files
The Sync lady is happy now!

1 other thing that seems odd -
There's no way to select different sources from the steering wheel controls. The manual shows a different setup with a media button. Mine has OK in the middle with arrows around it. Am I missing something, or did they just leave it out?
Whenever I want to browse the media stuff I have to hit the MENU button on the center console I think it is, next to the music symbol button, and then I use the steering wheel arrows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #402
Jvs1991
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 117489
What I Drive: 2013, Ruby Red, SE w/ Black pack

FF Reputation: 2 Jvs1991 Good Standing Member
Im starting to become fed up with sync. So I have tried resetting my iPod and iPhone numerous times, voice commands still are not available on either device. So I put a couple albums on a flash drive and put it in, plays fine but again voice commands just do not work, I dont understand it. It all used to work fine for the first month I had the car. Another issue is that whenever I say "call home" or someone else, sync will say "say 1 for work, say 2 for cell, say 3 for mobile" so Ill say 3 and it doesnt even call the right person. Also used to work fine, its rather frustrating because everything else about the car is great but this stupid radio. And scrolling through my music is no help because that takes way too long.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #403
mtnbkr
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 116275
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Hatchback 5sp

FF Reputation: 1 mtnbkr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by st falcon View Post
does anyone else have people tell you there is a ton of background noise when talking on the phone on sync? windows up, fan on low, lots of noise at highway speeds. this doesnt happen in the Escape.
When I got my Focus in July, phone calls with Sync and my Windows Mobile phone were great. Nobody knew I was in a car. Since switching to an Android phone a couple weeks ago, several people have complained that they hear a lot of noise in the background.

Where are the microphones for Sync and why would this change with nothing more than a change in phones?

Chris
Old 10-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #404
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
When I got my Focus in July, phone calls with Sync and my Windows Mobile phone were great. Nobody knew I was in a car. Since switching to an Android phone a couple weeks ago, several people have complained that they hear a lot of noise in the background.

Where are the microphones for Sync and why would this change with nothing more than a change in phones?

Chris
SYNC=Microsoft
Windows Phone=Microsoft
Android NOT Microsoft
see a pattern?
Oh and BTW the mic is in on the console for the sunroof on the headliner, looks like horizontal slits.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #405
focusrod
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119046
What I Drive: 2012,red,focus,se,manual

FF Reputation: 1 focusrod Good Standing Member
has anyone had this problem..everytime the temp outside dips below -10c my sync stops working on both of my 2012 focus's...the ford engineers are stumped by this problem..I have had the (apin module) replaced on both vehicles and tomorrow ford is going to start troubleshooting the issue...
Old 12-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #406
dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
That's only 14 F, we got down to 18 F this weekend here in Texas and mine worked OK. I hope they can get it fixed.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #407
Clump
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119097
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 Clump Good Standing Member
The Search Command

Has anybody gotten the search command to do anything useful? It's in the list of commands from help and uses the same parameters as the play command.

I'm using a 32GB USB thumb drive and have track level voice commands working fine.

If I say "Search Artist Cream"

The Sync Lady says "Searching artist Cream"

Cream comes up on the display for about 3 seconds and it goes back to playing whatever happened to be playing.

If I say "Refine" the Sync Lady tells me I have to do a search first, even if I catch it with "Cream" still on the display.

I've "searched" here and via Google and not found any info. In fact, Ford doesn't list Search in their command list on line. The manual is no help. I called Sync support and they told me that you need to do a command like "Play" after the search.

So it looks like it's a wasted command.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #408
Clump
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 119097
What I Drive: 2013 Tuxedo Black SE 5 door

FF Reputation: 1 Clump Good Standing Member
I found out some more about the refine command - it needs parameters as well. If I catch it in the 3 seconds that the search parameter is on the display it will accept it. It won't refine with the same parameter as the search (artist, album, etc.).

So....

Search artist Cream

While Cream is on the display hit the button again

Refine album Disraeli Gears

Sync lady repeats it, Disraeli Gears comes up on the display - 3 seconds later back to whatever is playing.

It looks like Search and Refine are both useless commands.

Some "interesting" design choices here. We don't get any radio voice commands, but have some that are utterly useless built in.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:49 PM   #409
Gamephoenix54
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 131617
What I Drive: 2014,race red,se

FF Reputation: 1 Gamephoenix54 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Woo View Post
Anyone have any thumb drive recommendations? Or drives to avoid?

I bought this one thanks to its ridiculously good test scores with smaller file read/write (smaller meaning < 15 MB). Hoping it works.

I figure as long as it's formatted in FAT32 I should be in the clear. Note: SYNC doesn't play nice with NTFS.
I use a Sandisc Cruzer 8GB thumb-drive. Works great

I have noticed that if I want playlists to work I have to manually copy my music folder over and not use MS MediaPlayer to sync it. Otherwise it will always say no valid tracks.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #410
Gennylight13
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 119502
What I Drive: 2013 rally red focus hatch se

FF Reputation: 1 Gennylight13 Good Standing Member
can you install the sony audio deck system in a base model focus se 2013?? i want to buy the sony deck on ebay and swap it out but i just want to make sure it is compatible with my focus

Bookmarks & Social Networks