SYNC System Thread - Page 25 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #241
wilsonfocus86
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23099
What I Drive: 14 Fusion 2.0

FF Reputation: 3 wilsonfocus86 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Edit

Last edited by wilsonfocus86; 10-03-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Just don't care about SYNC/MFT anymore lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #242
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
I'm new here, only been driving my '12 Ti for 3 weeks. I have some weird issues with MFT but not what most are having. I get the occasional button labels are blank and screen lighting up slowly. Not sure which version I have. I'm an IT guy and all the problems I read here make me think of a line one of my clients said to me a while back. "If this thing were a hooker, she'd be dead by now."
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #243
Hcopp
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104362
What I Drive: 2012 titanium hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Hcopp Good Standing Member
when was the latest update released? Sync,tried is showing a confirmed install / uninstall on 8/7 for me, my car hasn't been in for any work in a few months and I did not install it, that site seems to be very confusing and the version numbers are terrible. Long question short, has there been a maintenance update since I took deliver on 4/1?

Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #244
praeter
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104490
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 praeter Good Standing Member
Using an external USB hard drive

Just wanted to share my experience. I've had my 2012 Focus for about 1 month. Speech commands worked fine for like the first two weeks. Then, after one of my many trips with the HD back into the house to load more music, I just got the "speech control not available with this device" message. I'm using a bus-powered USB 3.0 1TB Seagate GoAgent Flex 2.5" external hard drive, formatted FAT32.

Within that last two weeks, speech commands have worked exactly one time. I decided, today, to call Sync support, and the lady told me that there is a limit of 20,000 characters for music speech commands - an absolutely ridiculous limitation, IMO. This includes the artist, track, album and genre of all tracks (all the searchable fields), combined. I somewhat verified that today by maxing out a 4GB USB stick (probably less than 500 songs) and trying it instead of the hard drive - speech commands worked almost immediately.

I still love the car, but it looks like I'm gonna be figuring out something else for music.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:30 PM   #245
diesel_travis
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88087
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Sedan SE 203a

FF Reputation: 1 diesel_travis Good Standing Member
Thumbs down sad panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by praeter View Post
Using an external USB hard drive

Just wanted to share my experience. I've had my 2012 Focus for about 1 month. Speech commands worked fine for like the first two weeks. Then, after one of my many trips with the HD back into the house to load more music, I just got the "speech control not available with this device" message. I'm using a bus-powered USB 3.0 1TB Seagate GoAgent Flex 2.5" external hard drive, formatted FAT32.

Within that last two weeks, speech commands have worked exactly one time. I decided, today, to call Sync support, and the lady told me that there is a limit of 20,000 characters for music speech commands - an absolutely ridiculous limitation, IMO. This includes the artist, track, album and genre of all tracks (all the searchable fields), combined. I somewhat verified that today by maxing out a 4GB USB stick (probably less than 500 songs) and trying it instead of the hard drive - speech commands worked almost immediately.

I still love the car, but it looks like I'm gonna be figuring out something else for music.
It's mind-boggling that a car stereo made in 2012 can't even provide some of the basic features that a basic mp3 player like Winamp could handle back in 1998. (No gap-less playback?! Songs ordered by title by default?!)

This is the last car I'll own that doesn't have a standard or double DIN so I can just put my own stereo in. My 2 year old $50 Android phone has more features. Frustrating.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:06 PM   #246
Beeten
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94225
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatch, 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Beeten Good Standing Member
Samsung Galaxy SIII phonebook download issues

Hi all,

Car model and options: 2012 Focus SE Sport HB with 203A package (includes SYNC with MyFord, NOT the MFT).

I got the Samsung Galaxy SIII recently as a replacement for the iPhone 3GS. My new phone connects on bluetooth without any problems, and I don't have any issues making/receiving calls for the most part. However, I cannot get the phonebook to download anymore. I go to the proper place, push all the right buttons, and it even says it's downloading the phonebook, but then when it's done, there are no entries. It's mystifying, and I'd appreciate any tips on doing this right.

Another minor issue is the ringer is completely different now (not something I like). Is there any way to make it sound like the phone? The options in the car are all unattractive. Is this something that's dictated by the phone? The default ringer on the phone sounds nothing like the car...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
Old 10-04-2012, 05:33 AM   #247
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_travis View Post
It's mind-boggling that a car stereo made in 2012 can't even provide some of the basic features that a basic mp3 player like Winamp could handle back in 1998. (No gap-less playback?! Songs ordered by title by default?!)

This is the last car I'll own that doesn't have a standard or double DIN so I can just put my own stereo in. My 2 year old $50 Android phone has more features. Frustrating.
This is what Bluetooth Audio is for...just let your phone do the work for those features you want.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #248
Targon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81074
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL 5-door

FF Reputation: 2 Targon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeten View Post
Hi all,

Car model and options: 2012 Focus SE Sport HB with 203A package (includes SYNC with MyFord, NOT the MFT).

I got the Samsung Galaxy SIII recently as a replacement for the iPhone 3GS. My new phone connects on bluetooth without any problems, and I don't have any issues making/receiving calls for the most part. However, I cannot get the phonebook to download anymore. I go to the proper place, push all the right buttons, and it even says it's downloading the phonebook, but then when it's done, there are no entries. It's mystifying, and I'd appreciate any tips on doing this right.

Another minor issue is the ringer is completely different now (not something I like). Is there any way to make it sound like the phone? The options in the car are all unattractive. Is this something that's dictated by the phone? The default ringer on the phone sounds nothing like the car...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
My Galaxy S3(AT&T version, i747) had no problem with it. Have you fully deleted all devices from the car and then started again?
Old 10-04-2012, 11:58 AM   #249
Beeten
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94225
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy SE Hatch, 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Beeten Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targon View Post
My Galaxy S3(AT&T version, i747) had no problem with it. Have you fully deleted all devices from the car and then started again?
I don't think I deleted the old phone from the car. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help.
Cheers
Old 10-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #250
pablo94sc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104464
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue SE Sport 5dr (5spd)

FF Reputation: 1 pablo94sc Good Standing Member
"You cannot control the Am/FM or Sirus using voice commands."

Any word if Ford will add these features to newer releases of Sync with My Ford for the '12 Focus? Sure would make changing stations easy, especially with Sirius.

Also, I would love to see the ability to respond to text messages via a voice-to-text feature, or at minimum allow the driver to key in a stored response to use for replying to text messages while driving, e.g. "I'm driving and can't reply. Please call instead." This would be really handy and could use a simple voice command of "reply message". Just a thought.

Bookmarks & Social Networks