SYNC System Thread - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #121
tiburonjt
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 99040
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red Focus SE 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 tiburonjt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have an iPod Classic with about 11,000 songs on it that I often use with Sync. I have used the SyncMyiTunes program to correct an errors in my collection.

Every 1,000 miles or so (4,300 miles on the car now), I get a message that the device doesn't support voice commands (this happens even if I use a different device for music once I get this message, so it is a message from Sync regardless of what is plugged into the USB port). I have to reset the Sync system by pulling fuse #67 to get the system to recognize voice commands again.

The car was at the dealership yesterday for a headliner adhesive issue, so I asked the dealership to confirm that I have the latest version of Sync (the Ford website doesn't provide the version number for the latest version, so I didn't know if I had the latest version). The dealership said I have the latest version.

I have read that other people are having a similar problem with other devices as well. It is my understanding that it could be a cache problem. Does anyone know if Ford is working on this issue, or will I have to continue removing a fuse every 1,000 miles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #122
waypastfast
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 97059
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 waypastfast Good Standing Member
My 2012 Focus SEL with SYNC decided today it doesn't want to switch radio stations anymore....anyone have any input please? Thanks!
Old 05-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #123
valmundo
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89368
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE & 2013 ST2

FF Reputation: 10 valmundo Great Standing Member
I am having sync issues as with some if the other folks here. Voice commands no longer works (cache issues). I know removing fuse 67 clears the cache but for as long as this has been a known issue, is there any word from Ford on a software repair? I have tried to check my software version but when I go to syncmyride, I am unable to download or even confirm whether my software is up to date. If someone from Ford is reading this, can you please PM me?
Old 05-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #124
ksearcy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92627
What I Drive: 2012 metalic sterling gray sel

FF Reputation: 1 ksearcy Good Standing Member
Sync is unreliable

The vin number of my vehicle is - 1FAHP3M28CL301507 with a build date of 11-21-2011.
I use sync for playing mp3 files from a flash drive, when I turn the vehicle off & restart, sometimes it begins playing right where it left off, other times it begins playing a completely different album or artist, the display begins displaying file names rather than mp3 tags. It will usually play a song or two like this, then it begins playing only 10 to 15 seconds of a song and switching to another. Also, sometimes when the car is restarted it doesn't come back to the flash drive at all and begins playing AM radio.
I had a 2008 Lincoln MKX with sync and it never had this problem, what's wrong with the Focus and how can it be fixed?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #125
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburonjt View Post
I have an iPod Classic with about 11,000 songs on it that I often use with Sync. I have used the SyncMyiTunes program to correct an errors in my collection.

Every 1,000 miles or so (4,300 miles on the car now), I get a message that the device doesn't support voice commands (this happens even if I use a different device for music once I get this message, so it is a message from Sync regardless of what is plugged into the USB port). I have to reset the Sync system by pulling fuse #67 to get the system to recognize voice commands again.

The car was at the dealership yesterday for a headliner adhesive issue, so I asked the dealership to confirm that I have the latest version of Sync (the Ford website doesn't provide the version number for the latest version, so I didn't know if I had the latest version). The dealership said I have the latest version.

I have read that other people are having a similar problem with other devices as well. It is my understanding that it could be a cache problem. Does anyone know if Ford is working on this issue, or will I have to continue removing a fuse every 1,000 miles?
Sync My iTunes is definitely a useful tool, tiburonjt! For those of you who don't know what it is, SYNC My iTunes is a Microsoft Windows based downloadable software program that corrects common errors in your iTunes music library, so that your music can be indexed by SYNC. To download this, check out:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...aspx?faqId=266

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypastfast View Post
My 2012 Focus SEL with SYNC decided today it doesn't want to switch radio stations anymore....anyone have any input please? Thanks!
Hi, waypastfast -

Is your Focus equipped with MyFord Touch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valmundo View Post
I am having sync issues as with some if the other folks here. Voice commands no longer works (cache issues). I know removing fuse 67 clears the cache but for as long as this has been a known issue, is there any word from Ford on a software repair? I have tried to check my software version but when I go to syncmyride, I am unable to download or even confirm whether my software is up to date. If someone from Ford is reading this, can you please PM me?
Hey, valmundo -

Ford rep at your service. Just to clarify, are you not able to download the SYNC Status Checker? I can check for an available software update, send me your VIN in a PM.

Our engineers are always working to improve and enhance our various systems, but updates availability is based upon model year as well as the build date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksearcy View Post
The vin number of my vehicle is - 1FAHP3M28CL301507 with a build date of 11-21-2011.
I use sync for playing mp3 files from a flash drive, when I turn the vehicle off & restart, sometimes it begins playing right where it left off, other times it begins playing a completely different album or artist, the display begins displaying file names rather than mp3 tags. It will usually play a song or two like this, then it begins playing only 10 to 15 seconds of a song and switching to another. Also, sometimes when the car is restarted it doesn't come back to the flash drive at all and begins playing AM radio.
I had a 2008 Lincoln MKX with sync and it never had this problem, what's wrong with the Focus and how can it be fixed?
My records show you have the most up-to-date version available (3.1.1), ksearcy. I previously spoke with a customer who was having a similar concern. I've passed the info along to our engineering team and I'm just waiting to hear back. Stay tuned...

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #126
WizeGuyDezignz
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99369
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 WizeGuyDezignz Good Standing Member
FordIVTteam, how can I check which version of MyFord Touch that I have?

Thanks!

**EDIT** I got it.

Last edited by WizeGuyDezignz; 05-25-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #127
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
I've been having an issue with my 1st gen iPod touch and SYNC.

The two will cooperate fully for several hours until it freezes while playing a track. SYNC then proceeds to eject the iPod, and will not reconnect or recognize that it's even plugged into the USB port unless I reset the system (pulling fuse #67). I've tried resetting the iPod, using a different iPod cable, and I run SyncMyiTunes weekly. Nothing seems to work short of pulling the main fuse for the SYNC computer.

Any insight into this? iPod integration one of the main reasons I went with the 203A package, and this has been an extremely frustrating issue, especially on long roadtrips.
Good to see I'm getting ignored here.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #128
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
FordIVTteam, how can I check which version of MyFord Touch that I have?

Thanks!

**EDIT** I got it.
Hi, WizeGuyDezignz -

You can see which version you currently have installed as well as check for updates here:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Module...uestLogin.aspx

Otherwise, PM me your VIN and I'll look for you.

Quote:
Good to see I'm getting ignored here.
Sorry for the oversight, Zillon. I definitely was not ignoring you on purpose.
Have you tried any other devices besides the iPod? Also, are you running the Performance Upgrade software (3.0.2)?

Jaclyn

Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #129
Zillon
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17393
What I Drive: '13 GTI

FF Reputation: 27 Zillon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Sorry for the oversight, Zillon. I definitely was not ignoring you on purpose.
Have you tried any other devices besides the iPod? Also, are you running the Performance Upgrade software (3.0.2)?

Jaclyn
No problem, but this is the second time I've posted about this issue.

According to Syncmyride, I'm running v3.1.1.

Haven't tried other devices, the iPod is the only one I have for music.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #130
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Quote:
No problem, but this is the second time I've posted about this issue.
According to Syncmyride, I'm running v3.1.1.
Haven't tried other devices, the iPod is the only one I have for music.
Zillon, for a Focus that isn't equipped with MyFord Touch, 3.1.1 is the latest version available. In regards to the issue with your iPod, I was going to suggest soft resetting the device and performing a Master Reset on the SYNC system, but since you've tried those several times, I recommend trying another device to further isolate the concern and/or have your dealership take a look.

Jaclyn

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->