My Ford Touch Thread - Page 98 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #971
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I tried to use Services on the highway today... most frustrating experience. I had to SCREAM my requests and it still wouldn't understand me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #972
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Wow. According to this link

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/...d-touch#reload

Improved phone call quality and voice recognition using enhanced noise and echo cancellation technology.

Maybe only in certain vehicles. :(

My Focus needs noise cancellation BAD!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:41 PM   #973
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
It seems as though voice recognition is better for me, or maybe it is just more responsive. I hadn't had much of a problem with it before. Calls seem fine at highways speeds. I haven't had many complaints. I had a few when I was doing city driving, but basically because of outside noise (construction and other things).

With BT, people have to keep in mind that in a movie vehicle the BT connection is not going to be all that reliable constantly driving through interference. Additionally each phone will have quality issues of their own.
If Sync/MFT has real NC technology it would have two mics. One to capture voice, and one subtraction mic to cancel noise. I am aware of only one (though perhaps the reason that mic is not insulated on the top is because the top is the subtraction mic?)
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #974
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
It seems as though voice recognition is better for me, or maybe it is just more responsive. I hadn't had much of a problem with it before. Calls seem fine at highways speeds. I haven't had many complaints. I had a few when I was doing city driving, but basically because of outside noise (construction and other things).

With BT, people have to keep in mind that in a movie vehicle the BT connection is not going to be all that reliable constantly driving through interference. Additionally each phone will have quality issues of their own.
If Sync/MFT has real NC technology it would have two mics. One to capture voice, and one subtraction mic to cancel noise. I am aware of only one (though perhaps the reason that mic is not insulated on the top is because the top is the subtraction mic?)
I can't say that the back of the Mic looks like it's functional at all. I've dropped the upper console and even released the microphone. It appears one sided device. Perhaps there's another mic in the car somewhere if there is Noise cancellation tech avail.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #975
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Ok, so this is really interesting... I saw another person posting about purchasing his car shortly before the mail out date, and being told he didn't make the list. So, I decided to investigate for myself as I purchased my Focus near the end of February.

I called in, and he found my info and said that I would be receiving the flash drive and SD card soon. I have navi, which I don't want to be without, so I am waiting. Then he said that once I get it, that I will need to take it in to the dealer (free of charge) because there are additional SYNC/MFT updates needed which are not included in the mailed kit. I have v2.11 now. I asked him what those updates were, and he didn't know, but said that it was flagged in the system as needing additional updates.

He made it very clear that this would all be done at no charge. So, now I am wondering if some of the issues everyone is having may be due to others also needing these additional updates as well? Sync my ride does offer to let me download the update, but I am waiting so I keep navi in tact.

Just sharing what I was told in case it helps anyone.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #976
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Odd. I have noticed something, if you give the car a good minute to boot everything up before throwing commands at MFT, it might respond more positively. Giving it a minute before hitting entertainment or any of that the past few drives, my car hasn't once given me any of the weird input highlighted button issues, overlaying information on the home screen, etc.

Could just be that people are starting to hit buttons a little too quickly for the system. It is a computer afterall, so giving it a little bit to boot up is certainly something you should be understandable about doing.

Just sharing my thoughts, as that method has given me 4-5 problem free drives in a row now.
Sonic Crew #28 | Rally Revolution #117
Old 03-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #977
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Odd. I have noticed something, if you give the car a good minute to boot everything up before throwing commands at MFT, it might respond more positively. Giving it a minute before hitting entertainment or any of that the past few drives, my car hasn't once given me any of the weird input highlighted button issues, overlaying information on the home screen, etc.

Could just be that people are starting to hit buttons a little too quickly for the system. It is a computer afterall, so giving it a little bit to boot up is certainly something you should be understandable about doing.

Just sharing my thoughts, as that method has given me 4-5 problem free drives in a row now.
Interesting. I will try this from now on and report back.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #978
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post

How long is "a good minute" in reality? I've waited 10-15 before doing anything a number of times (a fair amount of these issues appear on startup so waiting doesn't help anything) and I still have these issues. Side question: Has anyone actually had their indexing/building media commands wait time shortened with this update (I don't mean it no longer telling you it is doing it, I mean when it actually finishes) or is it just more graceful at handling itself not being ready?
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:17 PM   #979
Jerome10
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93718
What I Drive: Old Car

FF Reputation: 1 Jerome10 Good Standing Member
Quick Question....on a car built week of March 12, will this update have already been installed?

How can I check to determine if I have the latest upgrade?

Picking up the car tomorrow so want the dealer to take care of anything before I drive off! Pretty excited.
Old 03-17-2012, 12:48 AM   #980
Sprint
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 87069
What I Drive: 2012, Black, Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Sprint Good Standing Member
Hi - Canadian 2012 Focus owner here - waiting for my update to arrive by mail. I don't check this forum that often but checked in and read that last 10 pages of this thread tonight to see if people were starting to get the update and what they thought of it. For me the current version has shown it's flakiness but is generally usable for me as someone who is fairly tolerant (I've had 5-10 lockups and have had to do a few fuse pull since June when I bought the car but that has not bothered me too much).

Well - I'm shocked and in disbelief about what I'm hearing in the last 10 pages here. Sounds to me like the update which was intended to stabilize the system and make up for the lacking fist few releases is more buggy than ever and is in fact so bad that some advise not to upgrade unless it's a total nightmare on the previous version? Is this a cruel joke? Someone, anyone - say it isn't so!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks