My Ford Touch Thread - Page 97 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-16-2012, 12:08 AM   #961
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post

Also, pairing/unpairing a phone causes USB audio to stop playing through the speakers but the song appears to be playing in MFT and the device, so you have to unplug your music player and re-plug it. Probably has to do with the bluetooth, but it shouldn't happen.

LOVE this system.
That's an iPhone thing. What is happening is that you are connecting the iphone usb first so the iPhone defaults to "Dock connector" output. Then your phone pairs, so the iphone sets the audio output to "Sync" which is the Bluetooth. If you switch your MFT to the BT source you will be able to hear it. Technically both sources are pulling info from the phone at the same time, but the iphone only outputs A/V to one at a time. And the iphone sets to the last connection made. So, unplugging the USB and then plugging it back in after the BT connection is made, is one way. Another is to wait to plug in the USB until after the BT connection is made, or after it connects to BT and the usb loses connection, go the Music player on the iPhone and with the output icon at the bottom, set it from SYNC to DOC CONNECTOR.
This is an issue with the iphone, not the MFT system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2012, 07:20 AM   #962
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
I don't know why I care so much... but found another bug with the system!

I could do this all day long! I let the USB stay connected for 15 minutes and I could still keep doing this. I don't know if the index/building voice commands ever completed.

LOVE this system.
Yeah, I noticed that immediately after the install and never bothered to bring it up. Right after installing I plugged my iPod back in to see if if the index/BMC was any better. I got the Indexing message and it went away pretty fast so I thought "Great, the new system is faster." When I went to Browse, it told me it was still indexing, even though the message was gone. It eventually threw the BMC message up there. After that message came up, it disappeared pretty fast as well. So I went to try a voice search and it told me it was still building voice commands. It did finish both of these apparently as I am able to browse and use voice, but like you, I have no idea when and how long it really took.

My other thing that seemed to be a positive turns out to be a short-lived (couple of days) victory. I thought the BT streaming was better as I was seeing my song title, artist info well and it was updating between songs. Yesterday morning I had Unknown, and Unknown all the way into work and the steering wheel controls would not skip a song (which, again, was working great for two straight days). I shut down and figured I'd see what would happen leaving work. Still Unknown, Unknown. Before driving off I switched around between AM/FM/iPod etc. just hoping it would refresh it or something but nothing and still no steering wheel button functionality. I turned the car off, shut down the streaming app, turned the car back on, and relaunched the app. Still Unknown, Unknown but the steering wheel FWD button worked and when I skipped the song playing, the next song came on and song title and artist were updated. It kept displaying properly all the way home. Of course, this morning I went to head to work and fired it up. Not Unknown, Unknown but it was stuck on the song title and artisit of the song it was playing last night when I pulled into my driveway and shut down. All the way into work same title and artist and no steering wheel button functionality.

Neither the OS on my phone nor the app I use received any sort of update over the past couple of days so nothing changed there leaving me with the feeling that it is MFT-related.

Really starting to resign myself "Well, it may still be an unstable bug-riddled mess but at least it is ugly now!"

Last edited by copernicium112; 03-16-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #963
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
I've had that same issue with my iPhone, copernicium.

It hasn't happened too often, but it does happen.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #964
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 1,968, Level 26
Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26 Points: 1,968, Level: 26
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
I'm still waiting for this upgrade package to come in the mail (though based on the poor reviews, I'm not sure how excited I am for it).

I purchased my Focus last May. I've seen people on here reference both a post card and an email that Ford has sent out to notify owners of the coming upgrade. I didn't receive either.

Are there others out there in a similar boat?
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 AM   #965
wag4513
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87744
What I Drive: 2011 Acura MDX

Points 363, Level 7
Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7 Points: 363, Level: 7
Level Up 26% Completed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 wag4513 Good Standing Member
Has anyone on the board received the upgrade from Ford? The only upgrades I have seen referenced appear to be downloads.
Ordered July 19th, Built August 12th,
Delivery estimate 8/29 Picked Up Car on 9/9
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #966
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wag4513 View Post
Has anyone on the board received the upgrade from Ford? The only upgrades I have seen referenced appear to be downloads.
yes, several. I got mine at the dealer.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:05 AM   #967
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
I'm still waiting for this upgrade package to come in the mail (though based on the poor reviews, I'm not sure how excited I am for it).

I purchased my Focus last May. I've seen people on here reference both a post card and an email that Ford has sent out to notify owners of the coming upgrade. I didn't receive either.

Are there others out there in a similar boat?
Yup, haven't got squat. I just downloaded it and did it myself.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #968
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Those that upgraded; Has anyone noticed any improvement in the BT Handsfree phone calls? Specifically less road noise the mic seems to pic up?
Old 03-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #969
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Also, pairing/unpairing a phone causes USB audio to stop playing through the speakers but the song appears to be playing in MFT and the device, so you have to unplug your music player and re-plug it. Probably has to do with the bluetooth, but it shouldn't happen.
I've had the exact same behavior. Music playing great thru iPod. Shut car off, get out, return later... iPod appears to be playing again but no audio. Only fix is to unplug the USB cord and re-connect, then it works great again.

...and just to be clear, mine is an iPod touch, so there's no BT functionality. My phone has BT that connects to MFT but the music/audio here is wired iPod only.

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #970
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Those that upgraded; Has anyone noticed any improvement in the BT Handsfree phone calls? Specifically less road noise the mic seems to pic up?
Nope, after making several calls now call quality is the same - although I might not be your target audience, my call quality has always, been petty good.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

Bookmarks & Social Networks