My Ford Touch Thread - Page 96 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #951
Mayonaze
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92949
What I Drive: 2012 Frosted Glass SEL HBack DCT

FF Reputation: 1 Mayonaze Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have had a few issues with MFT and have wondered if anyone has experienced the same:

1. The other day when I went to get out of my car, the radio continued to play (usually shuts off when door is open) and didn't not turn off when I closed the door. I got back in and tried turing it off manually and it would not turn off. I finally restarted the car and tried turning it off again three times and it finally turned off.

2. I have tried TWICE to save AC/DC as one of my ALERTS and it won't let me. I don't even have it listed in my ALERTS so I'm at a loss as to why it won't let me add them especially when I don't have a problem adding any other artist.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 04:31 PM   #952
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It's to remind you of all the $$$ you wasted on MFT...lol J/K. It's part of the magic of 3.0 - They can put a cheap looking compass but they couldn't put the current temperature in the same place?

If you continue to watch the magic $ sign you'll notice that sometimes its actually out of sync with the compass on the drivers display in front of you.
Love it, thanks!
Old 03-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #953
Altis
Focus Addict

Fan#: 89540
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey SEL Hatch 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 Altis Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Did similar here with my wife and 15 year old son. My wife just scrunched her face and said, I can hardly see the album cover, and my son said, "why are the ffwd/rew buttons so huge!?"

I don't doubt that some of the changes Ford made were motivated by customer feedback, I just don't think they listened to all factions equally. I'll bet way more than half of the v2 users were perfectly fine with the interface (not the freezing). Thereby, only the "too complicated" crowd were heard and all the 'happy with the interface' folks were ignored. This is a blind spot I see in many software development processes. That is, dismantle an interface 80% of the users love for the small loud fraction that is confused. Make tweaks, don't throw out all the good work you have done.

I think a significant chunk of drivers just don't really like screen based controls. Many up here said, "I didn't get MFT because I just like buttons as I have always had." Some with that attitude got the MFT anyways and said "I'm all confused" . I just wish Ford would not give in to the "Change confuses me" crowd. If they would interact with users they could have arrived at a compromise position that would have come closer satisfying everyone. As is, we now have largely a screen full of buttons. What was the point of having a high-res LCD??
I know this post is a few pages back... but THIS is such a good point. In fact, it's several key points.

Only 1 point I would like to add, which is that those of us who prefer 2.11 VS 3 quite literally forfeit our right or ability to complain to a dealer or Ford about any problems we have with MFT. So it's either, update to V3 or forever hold your peace. Great.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #954
noahsfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90974
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ti Sport Hatch

FF Reputation: 5 noahsfocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altis View Post
I know this post is a few pages back... but THIS is such a good point. In fact, it's several key points.

Only 1 point I would like to add, which is that those of us who prefer 2.11 VS 3 quite literally forfeit our right or ability to complain to a dealer or Ford about any problems we have with MFT. So it's either, update to V3 or forever hold your peace. Great.
So true !!! That is a bummer we will have to live with, I also choose to keep v2 and not upgrade for now. On the bright side maybe they will give into the complaints and push forward with v3.1 adding the functionality and appeal back to MFT.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #955
Nator
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95562
What I Drive: 2012 SEL Hatch Blue Candy Met. 303A

FF Reputation: 1 Nator Good Standing Member
I have been waiting, since i have nav and need the sd card, but since I had just purchased the car on 2/29, I started to get worried that maybe I did not make it on the mailing list. For the heck of it, I called the 800 number from the sync site 800-392-4040. They confirmed I was not on the mailing list.
They said I need to go to the dealer to get the upgrade. They gave me a "code" to give the dealer in case they balk. Kills me cause I just had the car in for service a few days ago, asked for the update, and got the "wait till it comes in the mail" responce. Ah well one more trip....
Old 03-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #956
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
I don't know why I care so much... but found another bug with the system!

1) Notice the "Building voice commands" message. Prior to this it said "Index Complete".

2) Entertainment page. Still says "Building voice commands".

3) I clicked the 'Forward' button. "Building voice commands" message went away!

4) Back to 'Home' page. Just prior to taking this picture, "Index Complete" appeared again. Then "Building voice commands" returned.

5) Back to Entertainment page. Still says "Building voice commands".

6) Clicked the 'Forward' button. "Building voice commands" message went away!

I could do this all day long! I let the USB stay connected for 15 minutes and I could still keep doing this. I don't know if the index/building voice commands ever completed.

As you can see, album artwork rarely displays as well.

Also, pairing/unpairing a phone causes USB audio to stop playing through the speakers but the song appears to be playing in MFT and the device, so you have to unplug your music player and re-plug it. Probably has to do with the bluetooth, but it shouldn't happen.

LOVE this system.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #957
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
me2000, is the system doing the same when your car is started ? Because as I see from the photos, the car is stopped (Climate Off).
Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #958
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
me2000, is the system doing the same when your car is started ? Because as I see from the photos, the car is stopped (Climate Off).
It was in accessory mode. I could turn the climate on... I just wanted it off since I was in a closed garage. I highly, highly doubt it'd make a difference if the engine is on.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #959
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
It was in accessory mode. I could turn the climate on... I just wanted it off since I was in a closed garage. I highly, highly doubt it'd make a difference if the engine is on.
Thank you for the input. I thought that maybe somehow the MFT when the car is turned off, might not receive the whole amount of voltage needed, thus the problem. But now, if you say you were in accessory mode, this shouldn't be an issue.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #960
Wontfinishlast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65496
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Wontfinishlast Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Also, pairing/unpairing a phone causes USB audio to stop playing through the speakers but the song appears to be playing in MFT and the device, so you have to unplug your music player and re-plug it. Probably has to do with the bluetooth, but it shouldn't happen.

LOVE this system.

This happened to me ALL the time with V2.11

Bookmarks & Social Networks