My Ford Touch Thread - Page 95 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #941
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Where did that come from???

Last Friday evening (5 days ago) I installed the 3.0 MFT update via download. My wife and I are heading out to go to dinner and in the upper right hand corner is some small icon on the green information bar (the iPod screen was up) that looked like a dollar sign. While looking at it and trying to figure it out I happened to turn the car to the right and the dollar sign became a W. It was a very small version of the compass!! I've not seen that until tonight. I don't recall making and setting changes, where did it come from?

Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #942
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird1955 View Post
Last Friday evening (5 days ago) I installed the 3.0 MFT update via download. My wife and I are heading out to go to dinner and in the upper right hand corner is some small icon on the green information bar (the iPod screen was up) that looked like a dollar sign.

Joe
It's to remind you of all the $$$ you wasted on MFT...lol J/K. It's part of the magic of 3.0 - They can put a cheap looking compass but they couldn't put the current temperature in the same place?

If you continue to watch the magic $ sign you'll notice that sometimes its actually out of sync with the compass on the drivers display in front of you.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #943
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It's to remind you of all the $$$ you wasted on MFT...lol J/K. It's part of the magic of 3.0 - They can put a cheap looking compass but they couldn't put the current temperature in the same place?

If you continue to watch the magic $ sign you'll notice that sometimes its actually out of sync with the compass on the drivers display in front of you.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #944
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiPilot View Post
Looks almost like a transparency issue with the button overlay.
Just an FYI. The Nav version doesn't have that issue. We have three buttons on the bottom instead of two.

And still waiting for that nav sd card!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #945
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Well, you've heard wrong on both accounts. Ice Cream Sandwich is still open source (as evidenced by the source code posted on the Android site...). Not a little bit, but completely. Also, there's no Android "lag" when using it. As I said at an earlier point in the thread, I've owned every iteration of the iPhone and iPad (and the new one is coming) as well as multiple Android devices. I've experienced the Android lag in the past on certain models (although there are *plenty* of ways to fix it that I don't need to go into here), but the Galaxy Nexus, at least, doesn't experience any of it. Whether that's ICS or the hardware is irrelevant...the phone has no lag.
You read my post backwards. I didn't say it's NOW closed, I said it WAS closed upon release.

Also, I've heard/read SEVERAL accounts of the Nexus lagging... GPU issues, keyboard lag, browser lag... so it seems that *you* don't have any issues, but plenty of others do.

But let's not start another argument on this, I'm certainly not the expert on Android devices, nor do I care to be, I was just joking to begin with, we didn't need your elaborate defense of the platform when we were only joking anyway.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #946
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
You read my post backwards. I didn't say it's NOW closed, I said it WAS closed upon release.

Also, I've heard/read SEVERAL accounts of the Nexus lagging... GPU issues, keyboard lag, browser lag... so it seems that *you* don't have any issues, but plenty of others do.

But let's not start another argument on this, I'm certainly not the expert on Android devices, nor do I care to be, I was just joking to begin with, we didn't need your elaborate defense of the platform when we were only joking anyway.
I read your post well...and it was *NOT* closed at all. The Ice Cream Sandwich source was released *BEFORE* the first device that came with it (the Galaxy Nexus). It was never closed-source at all...I don't know where you're getting this. They even said at the Galaxy Nexus announcement that the source would be released alongside the phone (and then surprised the development community by releasing it a few days prior to the phone's release).

As for the keyboard lag problems...that's a very small number of users experiencing it. It's a bug with the phone that causes the CPU usage to spike when the keyboard is in landscape mode in certain applications. Relatively, very few users have this problem. On that note, very few users complain of GPU usage, browser lag, or general slowness. I've never experienced a tinge of lag on this device, and I'm usually multitasking when I'm using it.

Point is, don't make blanket statements when they're blatantly untrue (or you don't know for sure whether they are or not). It makes you look petty by talking down about a certain brand and not having the knowledge to back it up.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #947
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
For those who would like to email the Sync team instead of calling, go to this page then under "email us" click on "sync" It was hard for me to find this page, it wanted to take me to the corportate email with a character limit.

http://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Old 03-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #948
Wontfinishlast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65496
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Wontfinishlast Good Standing Member
So one really nice thing about the update is now text messaging is supported with my droid x! It never worked before. But if I'm driving and select listen to text, sync reads the message at an almost inaudible volume... I've gone through the voice prompt settings and nothing changes the volume. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this another bug?
Old 03-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #949
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontfinishlast View Post
So one really nice thing about the update is now text messaging is supported with my droid x! It never worked before. But if I'm driving and select listen to text, sync reads the message at an almost inaudible volume... I've gone through the voice prompt settings and nothing changes the volume. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this another bug?
When its reading ever reach out and turn the volume knob of the stereo down? Music and phone volume are independant of one another.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #950
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontfinishlast View Post
Similar here - my Droid 2 now seems to support text messaging over BT. At least I know when I re-paired the phone last night I received a message/alert on my phone asking for permission for Sync to access messaging features. Haven't actually received a text while driving yet...

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6

Bookmarks & Social Networks