My Ford Touch Thread - Page 93 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #921
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
IIRC the beta testers were mailed the thumb drives as well.
You mean us?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #922
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabigon View Post
I'm confused...

The Focus has 2 sets of "hard" controls for volume and tuning (multi-function) already.

From looking at this picture there's 4 knobs ( 2 audio + 2 Climate ) plus what looks like other audio controls compared to the 2012 Edge which doesn't have at least 1.
It looks like Ford is sort of giving in to having both the touch screen with the redundancy of knobs and buttons in future models.
HatchNation #51
Old 03-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #923
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
You mean us?
I guess that pretty much sums it up.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #924
Wontfinishlast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65496
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus Hatch Ti

FF Reputation: 1 Wontfinishlast Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
I realize you're both joking, but don't lump all Android users into the uneducated crowds of neanderthals that see a big screen and huge processor numbers and buy. I've owned every iteration of the iPhone/iPad (and have the new iPad coming Friday), but I still own an Android phone. Some of us like the customization and ability to do whatever we want.

Then again, the only Android phones I'll buy are Nexus phones. I want full control over everything my phone does/can do. In my opinion, vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich is every bit as solid and smooth as iOS...and *far* more powerful.
Where is the like button...

In all seriousness though, I really like the new version. Some of the graphics are scaled a little off... and they cut out some luxury functions. But this version seems like a solid point to base future updates from. Any bugs I've come across, are IMO quite minor. The system works better as a whole. Granted it does seem an awful lot like we got the beta version...
Old 03-13-2012, 11:04 PM   #925
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I have a good job too, but d*mn! ...are you single?
I am, and I'm guessing one of the reasons I'm still that way is my propensity to buying new things. Actually I'm way too picky...I've ended far too many relationships because of small things, then realized how dumb it was later. It's been said I have a "fear of commitment" before lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post

From looking at this picture there's 4 knobs ( 2 audio + 2 Climate ) plus what looks like other audio controls compared to the 2012 Edge which doesn't have at least 1.
It looks like Ford is sort of giving in to having both the touch screen with the redundancy of knobs and buttons in future models.
The reason they're pimping that feature is because there was a *huge* backlash from people about the Edge not having physical buttons and knobs. Why, you ask? Because the touch-buttons they installed (bottom pic) were capacitive...meaning anytime the user had gloves on they couldn't operate any of the controls lol
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #926
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I think this update was rushed by someone high up. I'm not trying to knock the team that put this together.. I'm sure they really did do the best they could with what they resources/time they had.
My guess would be that their developers were not fully up to the task and that there was a deadline that was engraved in stone. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that their "testers" did in fact find many of the bugs that we are reporting.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:29 AM   #927
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Another bug:

Select a preset for a FM station and then tune up/down using manual tuning.
Where did the frequency display go???
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #928
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Couldn't for the life of me get my music (USB) to play shuffle this morning. Kept going alphabetical.

My guess is that their deadline for release was installation on 2013 models.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #929
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post
[
But.... Will they get smart and add an actual power reset button somewhere or, will they continue to assume..."Oh, this thing will NEVER freeze." To be fair, I have not had to do a fuse pull since the upgrade (4 days)
Old 03-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #930
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
One more thing to add to the (+) column, at least for me. I've been doing a lot of streaming over the past couple of days on my drive to and from work and the song titles show up consistently. With the old version, I would often see the first song title show up and as the next track started, the old title would either stay there or it would switch to Unknown, Unknown for song title and artist (iPhone 4). Of course, with my free version of Slacker with ads, I also see things like "The Works - Ford" and "Fair and Square - JCPenney". Kind of funny.

Of course, I guess you can't have it all because it sure was 7:36 for an awful long time on my drive this morning. Oh well, let's see what time it is when I leave tonight.

Bookmarks & Social Networks