My Ford Touch Thread - Page 91 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #901
gullwingdmc
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88545
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Blue Candy

FF Reputation: 2 gullwingdmc Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
Yes,that is part of wallpaper, posted in these forums by gullwingdmc.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...&postcount=269

Im still working to tweak the template positioning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #902
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
Hi all.....since I have yet to receive the "updated" Navigation SD card or the performance update (I'm in Canada) I was just wondering if anyone that has updated to the new Nav SD, how is the performance/reliability compared to the old system? In my Focus, the Navigation system has "never" worked properly since I took possession of the car in June of 2011. It was basically a wasted $800.00 option that I paid for and have been unable to use for all of the known bugs listed on this forum including but not limited to the outdated maps, slow response time, GPS malfunctions, SD card error alerts, voice commands not recognized and not being able to input destinations. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. I thank you in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I covered this several times. It's still worthless.
I installed without my new Nav card. Given what I have run into in four days I can't imagine what will happen when the Nav card is put in. Really has me worried. Nav certainly isn't going to lessen the strain on resources.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #903
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
1st off... This is what I was greeted with when I started my car this morning. It stayed like this until I went into 'Entertainment' and selected Sirius.
I see I'm not alone on this one...

Perhaps none of these issues occur in a "clean install" of version 3.0 - which is what was beta tested as opposed to our updated version? This is just speculation, of course.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #904
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
It seems to me a lot of these problems are just graphics that are triggered incorrectly. That would include the whole start up and then it shows you on bluetooth audio annoyance. Any competent programmer should be able to fix nearly all of these within a day. We actually learned to look for errors like these off the bat back when I was learning some basic back in HIGH SCHOOL. I can only imagine how erroneous some of the errors are in the underlying foundation of the functions if little ones like these that are so obvious that were never fixed.

On another note, it makes me wonder - this update was treated like a movie release with lots of marketing and fanfare. When a movie is marketed, it's actually been completed for months before it's début. I wonder if this "update" was thrown together over a short period of time like a month or so around October and just sat around for months and months on end until it was marketed. If so, just think of the time lost that the programmers could have used actually making a decent product.

Worse is this is a closed hardware platform so you'd think coding for it would be pretty straight forward. Like how Apple owns the hardware and the code for the OS on the Ipad, Iphones, etc. Come to think of it. If MFT was Mac driven we'd probably have the ability to swipe and do touchscreen gestures to get to info. lol
Old 03-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #905
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Worse is this is a closed hardware platform so you'd think coding for it would be pretty straight forward. Like how Apple owns the hardware and the code for the OS on the Ipad, Iphones, etc. Come to think of it. If MFT was Mac driven we'd probably have the ability to swipe and do touchscreen gestures to get to info. lol
yeah, but if it was some well-designed apple-based system with apps and natural gestures, we would have just as much complaining from android fanboy haters about it being a closed system and .... not having 6 gigs of ram and a quadripple core processor like the latest droid phone, etc...
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM   #906
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
yeah, but if it was some well-designed apple-based system with apps and natural gestures, we would have just as much complaining from android fanboy haters about it being a closed system and .... not having 6 gigs of ram and a quadripple core processor like the latest droid phone, etc...
+1, this made me chuckle. Love all my Apple toys. :D

EDIT: and the screen wouldn't be big enough for them either. Samsung Note anyone? Really?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #907
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
+1, this made me chuckle. Love all my Apple toys. :D

EDIT: and the screen wouldn't be big enough for them either. Samsung Note anyone? Really?
I realize you're both joking, but don't lump all Android users into the uneducated crowds of neanderthals that see a big screen and huge processor numbers and buy. I've owned every iteration of the iPhone/iPad (and have the new iPad coming Friday), but I still own an Android phone. Some of us like the customization and ability to do whatever we want.

Then again, the only Android phones I'll buy are Nexus phones. I want full control over everything my phone does/can do. In my opinion, vanilla Ice Cream Sandwich is every bit as solid and smooth as iOS...and *far* more powerful.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:19 PM   #908
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Can any of you reproduce this, when I connect my iphone to the USB port (to play Pandora) and try to select it through the button on MFT screen I am getting error that "There are no playable media files on my iphone" and it goes back to whatever is currently playing (radio, sirius), but if I press the "M" button on steering wheel and cycle through the inputs I can select my USB connected iphone and it will play Pandora.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #909
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Perhaps none of these issues occur in a "clean install" of version 3.0 - which is what was beta tested as opposed to our updated version? This is just speculation, of course.
That is an interesting point.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #910
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
I see I'm not alone on this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
That is an interesting point.
IIRC the beta testers were mailed the thumb drives as well.

Bookmarks & Social Networks