My Ford Touch Thread - Page 90 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #891
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post

When I started my car, had the following mess in Entertainment quadrant, it was displaying all the inputs at once. Had to go into the Entertainment and back again to home to clear it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 11:10 AM   #892
Doug81
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85686
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Doug81 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Thank you for clarifying, Doug. I understand the various levels of frustration at this point and I really am trying to help!

Jaclyn
Thank you for all of the help you're able to provide.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #893
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard35 View Post
Hi all.....since I have yet to receive the "updated" Navigation SD card or the performance update (I'm in Canada) I was just wondering if anyone that has updated to the new Nav SD, how is the performance/reliability compared to the old system? In my Focus, the Navigation system has "never" worked properly since I took possession of the car in June of 2011. It was basically a wasted $800.00 option that I paid for and have been unable to use for all of the known bugs listed on this forum including but not limited to the outdated maps, slow response time, GPS malfunctions, SD card error alerts, voice commands not recognized and not being able to input destinations. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. I thank you in advance.
I covered this several times. It's still worthless.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #894
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
When I started my car, had the following mess in Entertainment quadrant, it was displaying all the inputs at once. Had to go into the Entertainment and back again to home to clear it.

I get the overlapping text often in the audio quadrant, but just in the red bar.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #895
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post

Had this issue this morning too, took a picture, but can't bring my phone into work so hadn't posted it. I also noticed that if you press the Sync button and adjust the volume, the volume slider will be overlayed on top of the "Listening..." image/prompt.

...Wait a second...how does your climate quadrant have Driver/Passenger? Is that part of the wallpaper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Of course I'm available to assist with troubleshooting, but if you'd like to provide feedback regarding the upgrade contact the In-Vehicle Technology Team at: 800-392-FORD (prompts 1 & 3).
Do you have an email or feedback form we can fill out instead? Trying to register all of the issues people have discovered over the phone would take a fairly extended period.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #896
bsp_53
Focus Addict

Fan#: 87580
What I Drive: 2012 FF Titanium HB, Yellow Blaze

FF Reputation: 1 bsp_53 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug81 View Post
Thank you for all of the help you're able to provide.
^^ +1; Absolutely, thanks for your efforts, FordIVTteam.
Hatch Nation #174
Old 03-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #897
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Do you have an email or feedback form we can fill out instead? Trying to register all of the issues people have discovered over the phone would take a fairly extended period.
Great idea... better yet... a bug report form. Set one up and we will do our best to report consistent bugs.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #898
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I covered this several times. It's still worthless.
The funny thing is, even in the video demo's of the "improved" nav I remember seeing months ago it seemed slow and laggy. I wonder what the team thinks it improved? I'm soooo glad I didn't buy it and stuck with my tom tom.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #899
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Had this issue this morning too, took a picture, but can't bring my phone into work so hadn't posted it. I also noticed that if you press the Sync button and adjust the volume, the volume slider will be overlayed on top of the "Listening..." image/prompt.
It seems to me a lot of these problems are just graphics that are triggered incorrectly. That would include the whole start up and then it shows you on bluetooth audio annoyance. Any competent programmer should be able to fix nearly all of these within a day. We actually learned to look for errors like these off the bat back when I was learning some basic back in HIGH SCHOOL. I can only imagine how erroneous some of the errors are in the underlying foundation of the functions if little ones like these that are so obvious that were never fixed.

On another note, it makes me wonder - this update was treated like a movie release with lots of marketing and fanfare. When a movie is marketed, it's actually been completed for months before it's début. I wonder if this "update" was thrown together over a short period of time like a month or so around October and just sat around for months and months on end until it was marketed. If so, just think of the time lost that the programmers could have used actually making a decent product.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #900
waiting485
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92338
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 waiting485 Good Standing Member
Quote:

...Wait a second...how does your climate quadrant have Driver/Passenger? Is that part of the wallpaper?
Yes,that is part of wallpaper, posted in these forums by gullwingdmc.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->