My Ford Touch Thread - Page 9 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #81
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I just picked up my focus yesterday. So far MFT is hit or miss.

About 10 minutes after driving away, the system wasn't responding to the voice button. It later restarted and updated and resumed functioning.

Today I found that if I left my phone plugged in after shutting of the car and restarting, it would play my music with no audio. I had to unplug and replug in my iphone to get is working again. I have noticed that typing into the screen for navigation is a little flaky. I couldn't get it to find some stores inside the mall.

I don't like that the navigation shuts off as soon as you "arrive" to the destination. I'd prefer to exit myself. I'll continue to investigate and see what happens and if performance improves.
Hi Jade

MFT seems to run slowly when the car is new since it's getting all of the databases loaded and stable, things like music databases and phonebook contacts. After all the databases are loaded stable, it should be more responsive.

Once your phonebook has downloaded to MFT, turn off the Auto Phonebook feature, otherwise the system checks your phonebook each time you start the car to see if any new contacts were added, which slows things down after first starting the car.

For the Nav finding stores inside the mall, it depends on what's in the database. In Jan/Feb you'll get a SD card in the mail with the latest map database for free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #82
stickmandj
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90632
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Focus Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 1 stickmandj Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaawolf View Post
Hi everyone. I'm a new Focus Titanium owner (MFT w/Nav) & new to this forum so hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm connecting with an iphone4 (not running to ios5 yet) which appears on the current Ford compatibility list as best overall phone & other than text, it said all features were available including phone contact photo id. I was able to pair my phone & download my contact list but the associated contact's photo id aren't appearing on MFT screen. Has anyone gotten this to work with their iphone4? If so I'd appreciate any info on what I need. Thanks in advance!
I'm also interested in this. Not that contact photos is a big deal but I'd like to have it if possible.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:06 PM   #83
Macsleuth
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90432
What I Drive: 2012 Stirling Grey Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Macsleuth Good Standing Member
Got my bluetooth stream from my iPhone back today. Pulled fuse 67. Also pulled fuse 77, only after replacing them did I realize I was supposed to pull fuse 79 not 77. But, it's working again. Pulling fuse for the system is like a computer reboot. LOL

Last edited by Macsleuth; 12-02-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #84
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
Has this ever happened to anyone? MFT randomly switches to the upload wallpaper/photo screen. This happened to me several times today. I thought I touched something, but it switched on its own.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:57 PM   #85
justy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85598
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium Plat White HB!

FF Reputation: 1 justy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Has this ever happened to anyone? MFT randomly switches to the upload wallpaper/photo screen. This happened to me several times today. I thought I touched something, but it switched on its own.
Favorite #2 on the steering wheel is set to the wallpaper screen by default. Maybe that's what triggered it?
Old 11-30-2011, 10:59 PM   #86
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
My wife was driving our Focus SEL today. She went into the store and when she came out and began driving the MFT locked up on her and would not respond to any commands, not from the steering wheel, the screen or by voice. At the same time, the volume went to max, so loud she had to stop the car and shut it off because she could not think to drive. She tried starting it again and it was the same condition - this happened five times before MFT apparently reset. I passed this on to our service department as we only have 1,400 miles on the car. I've been looking at some forums and this (or a similar) condition has been reported by others. I'm hoping the 2013 fix is not only interface changes but it goes to the heart of the matter.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 11-30-2011, 11:11 PM   #87
jade408
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91998
What I Drive: Focus HB Titanium, Sterling Grey

FF Reputation: 1 jade408 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by justy View Post
Favorite #2 on the steering wheel is set to the wallpaper screen by default. Maybe that's what triggered it?
Hmm, maybe. How do you change the favorites?
Old 11-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #88
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by flingwing1969 View Post
My wife was driving our Focus SEL today. She went into the store and when she came out and began driving the MFT locked up on her and would not respond to any commands, not from the steering wheel, the screen or by voice. At the same time, the volume went to max, so loud she had to stop the car and shut it off because she could not think to drive. She tried starting it again and it was the same condition - this happened five times before MFT apparently reset. I passed this on to our service department as we only have 1,400 miles on the car. I've been looking at some forums and this (or a similar) condition has been reported by others. I'm hoping the 2013 fix is not only interface changes but it goes to the heart of the matter.
i hope this never happens to me. i've read about it on more than one occasion.

so far my issues with mft:

1. had to restart and "update" due to a usb device plugged in. i tried plugging in my droid incredible via usb to charge as opposed to the 12v source on the center console. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes, then letting mft "update".

2. lost gps signal. it was like it couldn't detect the satellites and the gps was off. happened when i tried to set the gps to take me back to oxnard from the central valley. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes.

3. a minor inconvenience... i was using voice command to switch between the radio and sirius. i noticed by looking at the screen that the vehicle was playing music from a radio station, but mft had sirius on the display... not the radio frequency and the presets. when i went back to sirius, it showed sirius just fine. switched to radio via voice command again, no stations. i had to shut off the vehicle for a couple minutes for it to show the radio stations.

all in all, inconveniences... but inconveniences i'd rather not have.
Old 12-01-2011, 01:34 AM   #89
flingwing1969
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91700
What I Drive: 2012 white platinum Forcus SEL 303A

FF Reputation: 2 flingwing1969 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
i hope this never happens to me. i've read about it on more than one occasion.

so far my issues with mft:

1. had to restart and "update" due to a usb device plugged in. i tried plugging in my droid incredible via usb to charge as opposed to the 12v source on the center console. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes, then letting mft "update".

2. lost gps signal. it was like it couldn't detect the satellites and the gps was off. happened when i tried to set the gps to take me back to oxnard from the central valley. solved by turning off the vehicle for a couple of minutes.

3. a minor inconvenience... i was using voice command to switch between the radio and sirius. i noticed by looking at the screen that the vehicle was playing music from a radio station, but mft had sirius on the display... not the radio frequency and the presets. when i went back to sirius, it showed sirius just fine. switched to radio via voice command again, no stations. i had to shut off the vehicle for a couple minutes for it to show the radio stations.

all in all, inconveniences... but inconveniences i'd rather not have.
I'm with you Fuzzy - in 400 miles you catch up to where I am.
1974 Dodge W300 Power Wagon dump truck
2002 Kubota B-21 tractor-loader-backhoe
Old 12-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #90
Bradkap
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 89782
What I Drive: 2012 grey metallic, titanium hatchb

FF Reputation: 1 Bradkap Good Standing Member
sorry for the silly question. I tried to remove the cover to the fuse box to pull #67, but can not figure out how to pop it off. any suggestions ? I do not want to force it off

Bookmarks & Social Networks