My Ford Touch Thread - Page 89 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-13-2012, 08:18 AM   #881
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94641
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Murray5476 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The noise other people hear when I am talking to them from my Iphone 4 in my car is my only major issue. No difference than before the update. I told my service dept. to get back on the phone with the ford engineers, to see what the next step is....
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #882
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
A link to the whole thing is already up here somewhere but two of my favorite parts from the communication brief about the upgrade Ford sent dealers back in November:

Will the system still have black screens or reboots while driving? No, we do not expect customers will experience these issues anymore.

How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.

Less than four days and I got my first black screen, reboot while driving, scheduled maintenance. Oh well, at least they are confident. That is reassuring.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #883
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Wait... I won't be able to say "destination street address"? I'll have to say navigation first?
Sometimes i have to. Sometimes I don't. Depends on the mood of the system.
It's pretty annoying when it happens because the voice kicks in help telling me I need to say "navigation, bluetooth, etc..."

I THINK that it happens 100% if I'm tuned to Sirius, and happens no matter what screen I'm on, even if in NAV already.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #884
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

Points 2,036, Level 27
Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27 Points: 2,036, Level: 27
Level Up 24% Completed
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Has anyone received their packet in the mail, or have all updates to this point been performed at the dealership?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #885
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty Long View Post
Has anyone received their packet in the mail, or have all updates to this point been performed at the dealership?
I was wondering the same thing. Dealership is a big pain because they are open while I'm at work, I don't want to take leave just for this.

P.S. I know you can download the update at syncmyride.com, but I need the NAV SD card as well
Old 03-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #886
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Dealership is a big pain because they are open while I'm at work, I don't want to take leave just for this.

P.S. I know you can download the update at syncmyride.com, but I need the NAV SD card as well
Only to make use of the Nav features. The rest will install and run fine.

I mean, aside from the glitches.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #887
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
1st off... This is what I was greeted with when I started my car this morning. It stayed like this until I went into 'Entertainment' and selected Sirius. And I don't know why it just doesn't turn on to Sirius automatically when that was the last audio source selected when I last drove.

2nd off... I found it hilarious that the MFT app in the App Store has an update for 'bug fixes'. I'm sure it's unrelated... but found it hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
How do you know that these issues won’t happen again? We are confident in our testing process.
LOL. That's what scares me... they're actually confident in the testing process that left many major bugs in the system. They're mailing 300k copies of this buggy software to users... they should have been 1000% confident in their software before taking that major step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Sometimes i have to. Sometimes I don't. Depends on the mood of the system.
It's pretty annoying when it happens because the voice kicks in help telling me I need to say "navigation, bluetooth, etc..."

I THINK that it happens 100% if I'm tuned to Sirius, and happens no matter what screen I'm on, even if in NAV already.
Thanks for the clarification. That is very aggravating... That functionality ALWAYS worked in v2.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #888
Blizzard35
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88463
What I Drive: 2012 Lincoln MKZ AWD Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 2 Blizzard35 Good Standing Member
This question is only for those with Navigation and those that have updated to the new software release.

Hi all.....since I have yet to receive the "updated" Navigation SD card or the performance update (I'm in Canada) I was just wondering if anyone that has updated to the new Nav SD, how is the performance/reliability compared to the old system? In my Focus, the Navigation system has "never" worked properly since I took possession of the car in June of 2011. It was basically a wasted $800.00 option that I paid for and have been unable to use for all of the known bugs listed on this forum including but not limited to the outdated maps, slow response time, GPS malfunctions, SD card error alerts, voice commands not recognized and not being able to input destinations. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. I thank you in advance.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #889
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,174, Level 28
Points: 2,174, Level: 28 Points: 2,174, Level: 28 Points: 2,174, Level: 28
Level Up 16% Completed
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Hey Jaclyn, is Ford aware that there are indeed many more bugs in this newly just delivered update and will they resolve to continue to make improvements as time goes on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
There isn't a right hand cluster display on the Focus. There is on the Explorer and Edge and it wasn't "moved" it had always been in the right hand cluster.

And yes, we do have questions concerning lost fuctionality, glitches, and connectivity issues with the new update. Please see the last 10-20 pages of this thread.
[QUOTE=blacktoe;4053986]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post

That is fine for the driver, but my passangers are used to seeing the temp display and now it is gone. I know it is a real minor item in the big scheme, but why remove it?

One of the great things about Sirius radio is being able to see the song and artist, why not have that on the home screen display?

In general I like the look of the update, but it is not what I was hoping for.
Of course I'm available to assist with troubleshooting, but if you'd like to provide feedback regarding the upgrade contact the In-Vehicle Technology Team at: 800-392-FORD (prompts 1 & 3).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug81 View Post
Que a general response regarding Ford's commitment to it's products.

My statement isn't a criticism of Jaclyn in any way but a criticism of Ford's refusal to communicate with us in any meaningful way regarding the issues present in MyFord Touch.
Thank you for clarifying, Doug. I understand the various levels of frustration at this point and I really am trying to help!

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #890
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Thank you for clarifying, Doug. I understand the various levels of frustration at this point and I really am trying to help!

Jaclyn
It has been quite frustrating to say the least, but thanks for being there for us. You've been taking the hits like a champ and we really do appreciate you talking to us.

--------

On a personal note I hope by the end of the year mft is totally, 100% fixed. Im moving to florida then and id hate to endure 900 miles of fuse pulls, restarts and other general automotive insanity.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.