My Ford Touch Thread - Page 85 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #841
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
The temperature display has been moved to the drivers right-hand cluster display.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn
There isn't a right hand cluster display on the Focus. There is on the Explorer and Edge and it wasn't "moved" it had always been in the right hand cluster.

And yes, we do have questions concerning lost fuctionality, glitches, and connectivity issues with the new update. Please see the last 10-20 pages of this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 12:40 PM   #842
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
It is buggy, yesterday on the home screen it was playing AM radio but the presets displayed were for SIRIUS, I am thinking of doing a master reset and installing the new MFT again once the NAV card arrives.
This seems like a common occurance now. I just tried another test vehicle with the new system and it did the same thing to me. I pushed sirius and it showed the sirius station name and lit the sirius button but was still playing and seeking the FM radio.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM   #843
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
Look at BMW's UI:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/12/b...ands-on-video/

Now that is polished!
i agree. very nicely done.. granted it's in a bmw so the price point is considerably higher than a focus but re. the interface and ease of use this is somewhat what mft should be.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #844
Doug81
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85686
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Doug81 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Hey Jaclyn, is Ford aware that there are indeed many more bugs in this newly just delivered update and will they resolve to continue to make improvements as time goes on?
Que a general response regarding Ford's commitment to it's products.

My statement isn't a criticism of Jaclyn in any way but a criticism of Ford's refusal to communicate with us in any meaningful way regarding the issues present in MyFord Touch.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #845
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
The temperature display has been moved to the drivers right-hand cluster display.

If anyone has questions, let me know.

Jaclyn
The Focus only has 1 display.

Question: Why have absolutely *NONE* of the posts containing criticisms been acknowledged, but the posts that have already been answered (numerous times) by our own users are being answered...again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobie56 View Post
i agree. very nicely done.. granted it's in a bmw so the price point is considerably higher than a focus but re. the interface and ease of use this is somewhat what mft should be.
The problem is this platform is used in more than just the Focus...the Explorer that comes with the MFT system starts at $37,855. A BMW 328i Sedan starts at $38,800 and comes with the BMW infotainment system. Also, it's a helluva better car.

It has nothing to do with pricepoint. Creating an infotainment system is such a small amount of the total cost of creation that it's almost negligible. At first people hated the iDrive system because they said it was unintuitive, but BMW said (paraphrased) "Screw you. It's awesome and you'll like it". Now? It's rated very well. People took the time to understand how it works and understood how much time BMW put into the creation process and now understand *why* it's such a good system.

Ford spent time creating a system that was buggy, and when certain groups of people said it was hard to use they said, "Oh! We'll change it right away!", despite a vast majority having no problems at all with the actual interface. It's just too bad they skipped the rest (like...quality control).
Old 03-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #846
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post

A woman that knows as much about technology as the Amish found 5 glitches on a 15-minute ride, while 300 Ford beta testers spent months on the system and found nothing. For that very reason, *ALONE*, I refuse to give Ford the benefit of the doubt.
This is totally off topic but you just reminded me of a report I saw years ago on 20/20 or Dateline or something about Amish kids. They sneak into the barn for a party and pull out big speakers, a DJ table and their buggies dance like lowriders on hydraulics while they all rave...lol

Funniest stuff I had seen in a long time. Sadly I can't find a youtube video clip...

As for MFT, like I said earlier - absolutely no fit and finish was done on it. It sucks. Period. Anyone who is proud of this at Ford should be fired for incompetence.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #847
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
There isn't a right hand cluster display on the Focus. There is on the Explorer and Edge and it wasn't "moved" it had always been in the right hand cluster.

And yes, we do have questions concerning lost fuctionality, glitches, and connectivity issues with the new update. Please see the last 10-20 pages of this thread.
I apologize for saying the right side, I was just working with some Explorer customers. The temp display can still be seen in your center cluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
Any comment on the rest of the posts in this thread about missing features, steering wheel favorites buttons, volume bar, lost fuctionality on home screen, and general lockups/glitches members have already found with the new system?

Are your colleagues noting the comments on this thread for the next revision?

Where is the best place to voice our feedback to Ford?
I can't speculate on a next revision at this time, expect to say that our engineering team is always working on ways to improve/enhance the system.

In regards to sharing your feedback, I recommend contacting 800-392-4040.

Jaclyn

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #848
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:

I can't speculate on a next revision at this time, expect to say that our engineering team is always working on ways to improve/enhance the system.

In regards to sharing your feedback, I recommend contacting 800-392-4040.

Jaclyn
Thank you, that goes a long way for some of us at least hoping the next fix is just over the horizon.

Working with us would really go a long way to not only generating good will but helping ford do good in the long term. After all we are the target audience. Tech savvy people with an interest in the cars you sell.

Personally I have no problem with the graphic design of the new update. It's the bugs and lots of obvious and glaring ones that seem ridiculous to me after all this time.

---------

I actually think we as a group should start a new post with a section for bugs detected and another for design choices we dont like (graphics, omissions like a music progress bar, etc..) that the ford techs can look at without having to read all of our entries.

For my own personal bugs that I can think of off the top of my head -

My cover art on my zune HD no longer works at all.

Numbers buttons are finicky. Press them and they work but the info doesn't update on the display.

I've had a few performance hiccups, although not nearly as many as before., etc..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #849
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
A few more things I noticed on my drive/sitting in traffic today:

(Possibly just USB, didn't check CD) Shuffle Light doesn't illuminate when you enable it if there is no music playing.

(MP3) CD Information is truncated in the More Info display (title/artist/whatnot just ends abruptly even when there is a ton of space available for displaying the information). Also, on the Entertainment display, if a title/artist exceeds the display length it doesn't add an arrow to let you scroll it to see it all, nor does embedded artwork function. I have the exact same files on a USB drive and none of these issues are present with the files on it.

On the USB screen, the More Info button is still selectable when there is no music playing. It just gives you a partially blank screen, the "What's Playing" button, which boops when you touch it, but does nothing, and a display title of "MP Track" or some such, can't remember what exactly now. Similar Music is still selectable as well, but at least it gives you a "No similar music found" notification.

If you're USB drive is no longer playing music (say your playlist ended) and you switch to a different input and switch back, it will state that it cannot find the drive.

Stating the input "iPod" takes you to the USB drive, whether or not you actually have an iPod. (This is probably just for simplicity more than anything, but I noticed it when Sync misunderstood me)

Also, I don't know if this is new or not or if it is by design, but if the climate is off and you tell Sync to set the temperature, it doesn't actually turn the climate on, it just sets the temp in the background and the climate stays off.

Whoever came up with the use cases for MFT obviously missed a ton of stuff.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #850
blacktoe
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90125
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue SEL

FF Reputation: 1 blacktoe Good Standing Member
[QUOTE=FordIVTteam;4053931]I apologize for saying the right side, I was just working with some Explorer customers. The temp display can still be seen in your center cluster.

That is fine for the driver, but my passangers are used to seeing the temp display and now it is gone. I know it is a real minor item in the big scheme, but why remove it?

One of the great things about Sirius radio is being able to see the song and artist, why not have that on the home screen display?

In general I like the look of the update, but it is not what I was hoping for.

Bookmarks & Social Networks