My Ford Touch Thread - Page 82 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #811
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Something I noticed today, don't know if anyone else has experienced it. When you select to alert on a song in the new version, it doesn't actually give you any feedback at all to let you know the alert has been added. Choosing Add just boops at you, but it doesn't disable the button. You can sit there and hit it all day and it just boops at you.

Also, does anyone know if when listening to Sirius does the Entertainment display tell you what you're listening to. I wish it was more obvious.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #812
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,748, Level 24
Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24 Points: 1,748, Level: 24
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
Why do you guys think the problems within the MFT system are so inconsistent between each system itself?
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #813
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by akelley3 View Post
I went ahead and unpaired and re-paired my phone and it seems to be working better again for me. Still some glitches like you said (having two entertainment modes hi-lighted so unable to click on the one you want, weird characters on song title sometimes with bluetooth, etc.) but I personally still like this version better than the last. Mine froze up almost every other time I drove.

Also, I see you are from Beach Park. I work at Waukegan Airport.
Nice! I pass the airport almost everyday!
Old 03-12-2012, 12:04 AM   #814
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Something I noticed today, don't know if anyone else has experienced it. When you select to alert on a song in the new version, it doesn't actually give you any feedback at all to let you know the alert has been added. Choosing Add just boops at you, but it doesn't disable the button. You can sit there and hit it all day and it just boops at you.
Excuse my Sirius ignorance, what does that button do for me exactly? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
Why do you guys think the problems within the MFT system are so inconsistent between each system itself?
My guess is memory issues cause the unexpected issues. I think that large libraries of contacts, media, NAV info just pile up and the system has trouble handling new things. Just a guess... but who knows.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:27 AM   #815
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
Learn to read, I never said *I* was the only one having no issues, I said the majority of people who have updated are reporting vastly improved system conditions.

MFT has always played songs by default for me in alphabetical order unless I explicitly chose an album first, so make sure you're choosing an album and not just playing a specific artist.

Also, sorry about your iPod, but it would probably be better to consult Apple before blaming your car on bricking your iPod, that just sounds absurd.
Maybe you should learn to read...all of us are having vastly improved system conditions, but there are still a *load of bugs and glitches. There's no need to minimize the problems...they're there and they are *very* annoying and glaring. They spent a year fixing almost nothing at all.

As for the playing in order, if you select "Music" under the browse dialog it should play the music in the order it's listed (so if you're looking at single album it will display and play the album in the order the songs are tagged). If you select the "Browse Device", or whatever the other option is called, it will play them in alphabetical order. This is also true if you select multiple albums.

But in this case, I was selecting a single album. It's the way I've done it for a year already. I tried it multiple times and it kept playing in alphabetical order. Unplugged and re-plugged, and then it was working fine. This is very annoying.

And I obviously can't be 100% that the car bricked my iPod, but I just looked at the hard-drive statistics the other day and it had something like 1200 re-allocations and 1400 startups (pretty normal, for a 2 year-old iPod). Looked today and it had 1800 re-allocations (not inherently bad, but indicative of a problem) and over 2000 startups. In other words, in a matter of 3-4 days the iPod was initialized over 600 times. That's *insane* and very bad for a mechanical hard-drive. I'd be willing to bet that contributed heavily to the hard-drive failing like it has.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #816
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Excuse my Sirius ignorance, what does that button do for me exactly? Thanks.

My guess is memory issues cause the unexpected issues. I think that large libraries of contacts, media, NAV info just pile up and the system has trouble handling new things. Just a guess... but who knows.
It will display a notice whenever the alerted artist/song/program is playing on any channel. So say I am listening to channel X and an alerted song is about to play on channel Y, the notice will pop up and ask if I want to listen to that channel.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #817
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

Points 11,526, Level 70
Points: 11,526, Level: 70 Points: 11,526, Level: 70 Points: 11,526, Level: 70
Level Up 69% Completed
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
SYStem fUnctIonalItY cHangeS
• The Outside Air Temperature Display has been moved to the
right cluster screen.
• AM/FM Browse is no longer available.
• The 3-D Carousel function for USB media has been deleted.
• Wallpaper is now utilized on the main Home Screen, eliminating
the Shortcut Home Screen.
http://syncsupport.ford.com/media/d/...structions.pdf
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #818
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Has anyone noticed any improvements with the Bluetooth hands free calling? Seems there's hardly any noise cancellation from wind noise, etc. Just curious if anyone noticed a difference. Actually wish Ford would post the change log. That would be nice. Could be some features we would really appreciate but aren't really apparent on the surface.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #819
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
I like the improved stability but continue to have intermittent problems with Bluetooth connectivity on an iPhone 4s. I also miss many of the features previously available. I can only hope that ford will continue to support their product and release maintenance patches to quash many of the existing bugs. My biggest fear is that since the sale is made, Ford won't find it cost effective to support MFT on older models going forward.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #820
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargetalon View Post
My biggest fear is that since the sale is made, Ford won't find it cost effective to support MFT on older models going forward.
Thats why I am glad to see that the 2013's have the same system

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.