My Ford Touch Thread - Page 80 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #791
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Another bug to add to the list.

And people on here say this system only has minor issues and we're all just whiners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #792
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
Just looking at the 2 screen shots that show the comparison of Old vs New. If one didn't know any better they'd think the Old screen was the upgrade just by looking at it.
Old 03-11-2012, 02:31 PM   #793
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Just looking at the 2 screen shots that show the comparison of Old vs New. If one didn't know any better they'd think the Old screen was the upgrade just by looking at it.
+1. I have the SE and when I saw the comparison, I thought the 3.0 was the old version.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #794
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I don't know what to tell you. Most of us with the update have had good luck. I haven't had any issues with USB or Bluetooth audio, and the entertainment portion of my new system works much better than the last one.
Well then, obviously, the rest of the people that say they're having problems are either dreaming or delirious.

Oh wait...the problems actually exist. Just because they're not happening to *you* doesn't mean they're not happening to *others*. Don't speak for anyone but yourself, please.

Today the system decided to only play songs from my USB stick in alphabetical order. Why? I have no idea. I tried switching to a different album (using the Browse> Music, not just looking through the file system) and it did the exact same thing. Only way I could fix it was unplugging it and plugging it back in. It's weird because it was displaying the songs in the correct album order, then playing them in alphabetical order. I've never seen that before.

Also, it appears to have killed my iPod Classic 160GB. It's worked perfectly for 2 years, and now the hard-drive is corrupted. I can't even restore it or format it correctly because something happened to the secure sectors of the drive. I've tried using Disk Mode on both a PC and Mac...neither can touch it. I can format it to exFat, but then nothing. iTunes in OSX locks up when it gets plugged in, and iTunes in Windows can see it and says I need to restore...but then fails the restore process as soon as it starts.

As others have said, it's completely impossible that Ford used hundreds of people to beta test this system for months...*ALL* of these bugs would have been caught quickly. I've experienced all of them multiple times, and pretty reliably, within only a few days of completely normal use.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #795
Fuzzy Logic
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91597
What I Drive: 2012 White Plat Met Tri Ti HB

FF Reputation: 2 Fuzzy Logic Good Standing Member
guess i'll be sticking to v 2.11 until another update.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #796
clogan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93793
What I Drive: 2008 Roushcharged F-150 Screw,

FF Reputation: 1 clogan Good Standing Member
The person at Ford who made the decision to bring MFT to market ought to be horse whipped, tarred, feathered, and run out of town on a rail.

This debacle is costing Ford dearly in terms of lost sales, and in terms of CSI for sales already made.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #797
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
guess i'll be sticking to v 2.11 until another update.
me, too.... w/o a doubt.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:55 PM   #798
thefro
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87593
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Focus SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 thefro Good Standing Member
Did the update this afternoon and although it's not perfect, it's a huge step forward. Upgrade installed perfectly.

I was able to pair my work phone with the car and MFT is now much, much more responsive/faster. The thing would choke before if I had a phone paired and now I didn't notice any difference in performance.

Syncing my USB drive happened very quickly and sync nailed the voice recognition for several mp3s that it had trouble with before.

The temperature appears for me in the blue area in the bottom right quadrant.

I do miss the progress bar and larger album art. I guess the volume level not displaying for each increment fits in the same category. Haven't noticed much else that's been a "downgrade".

I do think the changes to the UI are improvements as far as usability goes.
Build Date 9/1 - ETA 9/12
Arrived 9/10 - Picked up 9/16
Old 03-11-2012, 04:19 PM   #799
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
While I'm sure most of us will say there are things we do not like about the new update, I think the single biggest thing the update seems to have done (at least for me), is stop the lockups, random reboots and just flat out weird stuff MFT was doing. Is it perfect? No. Is it better (in terms of lockups and reboots) then it was? Absolutely.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #800
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
I did a system reset to hopefully resolve these issues... It helped a little but I still uncovered bugs.

Started car and it went straight to Sirius. Fine.. So I went to the next page of devices to select Bluetooth and noticed it was 'selected'.. Went back up a page and Sirius was still selected and Sirius was playing. Tried selecting Bluetooth but it wouldn't work. So I had to select another audio source and then I could finally select Bluetooth.

Bluetooth is still a little funky.. I randomly get weird song titles. E.g. A ? in a box, 'h'.

I selected FM. Went to home page and the radio presets went blank. Only way to fix it was to select another audio source.

Album art went blank after receiving a phone call.

Song names display underneath album art.

Song count wasnt being incremented when on the home page. Shuffle ended up turning off and repeat was selected when I went from the home page to the entertainment page.

When calling someone the signal strength meter displays above "Calling John Doe..."

I can go on and on...

Bookmarks & Social Networks