My Ford Touch Thread - Page 79 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #781
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah I ran into this one yesterday also. Tried the entertainment button 5-6 times and nothing. Went into one of the other screens (don't remember if it was phone or climate) and was able to get into entertainment from there.

So at least two of us experienced a non-functional button (a major button on a home screen of not many buttons) on the first screen that shows up every time you start the car and is a launching pad for everything else. So if at least two people get this in 3-4 days I find it hard to believe this issue would not have been notice by at least a few of the 1500 people (or whatever the number is, I don't remember) that were supposedly driving around in the real world and beta testing this for a month or two.
Too true. I can only HOPE that this was a case of them rushing it out with the hope of releasing incremental version improvements going forward. On the other hand, if it's a case of they didn't even know about any of these bugs, we are in trouble in terms of ever getting a great system because it means they refuse to modify their process. I have worked on too many software development projects where management stubbornness wins out over common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post
If only they could have just "improved" on the existing system rather than do a total rewrite.
I haven't seen the new MFT in person yet, but from pictures and videos that I have seen, the original screen looks more vibrant and not dull looking like the new version IMO. Could be just the pics or maybe my eyes as well.
Plus loosing items/shortcuts that we have grown accustomed to having/using isn't an upgrade at all.
I was looking forward to this upgrade, but now I think I'm gonna sit this one out.
I agree with all of this except I was getting pretty frequent slow downs (extream) and lock ups requiring the fuse pull which I could just not see continuing to live with. But, very painful to go in the wrong direction on so many other aspects.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #782
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2000 View Post
I'm not the only one. I can't imagine ford not testing an iPhone...

I'm sorry, but people have had some major issues with this system. I've found many small bugs that aren't a huge impact but it shows how serious ford took the QA portion of this project. Where I work, testing is a 3 month effort per release (4 releases a year). I just cannot believe ford used hundreds of testers.
I know that there was a new update that came out for the iPhone and if you updated it could be possible that it is causing some kind of problem. Maybe you should make the phone and MFT forget the bluetooth connection and try re-pairing it. After I updated I was getting some weird stuff too through bluetooth and usb and I just thought of the update as a potential problem so I haven't had time to test out my theory.

Still with these glitches I think it's definitely better than the last version. Faster and doesn't crash (at least not yet) which is what I wanted. I'd sacrifice large album art and a prettier interface.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #783
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by akelley3 View Post
I know that there was a new update that came out for the iPhone and if you updated it could be possible that it is causing some kind of problem. Maybe you should make the phone and MFT forget the bluetooth connection and try re-pairing it. After I updated I was getting some weird stuff too through bluetooth and usb and I just thought of the update as a potential problem so I haven't had time to test out my theory.

Still with these glitches I think it's definitely better than the last version. Faster and doesn't crash (at least not yet) which is what I wanted. I'd sacrifice large album art and a prettier interface.
Yep. I installed the new update. I was thinking that could be it. I'll try re-pairing. I also restarted my phone. Prob won't do much good but it doesn't hurt to try. I'll try it out this afternoon and report back.

I want this to work so bad. I'll let the group know so others can try the same if they're having issues.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #784
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Yeah I ran into this one yesterday also. Tried the entertainment button 5-6 times and nothing. Went into one of the other screens (don't remember if it was phone or climate) and was able to get into entertainment from there.

So at least two of us experienced a non-functional button (a major button on a home screen of not many buttons) on the first screen that shows up every time you start the car and is a launching pad for everything else. So if at least two people get this in 3-4 days I find it hard to believe this issue would not have been notice by at least a few of the 1500 people (or whatever the number is, I don't remember) that were supposedly driving around in the real world and beta testing this for a month or two.
I've gotten that as well.

We can only hope they release a fix pack.

Ford, if you're listening please utilize us! Give us beta versions to test and we will provide feedback online! Just like Microsoft does. I guarantee if that happened for this version we wouldn't be experiencing these bugs.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #785
Dysan911
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95746
What I Drive: 2012 White, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 Dysan911 Good Standing Member
For those of us that haven't received our upgrade yet. I wonder if it might be better to hold off and hope for Ford to come behind with a bug fix or service pak that they make avail on syncmyride.com If and when they do (hopefully) would resolve all of these issues that have surfaced lately.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #786
me2000
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
For those of us that haven't received our upgrade yet. I wonder if it might be better to hold off and hope for Ford to come behind with a bug fix or service pak that they make avail on syncmyride.com If and when they do (hopefully) would resolve all of these issues that have surfaced lately.
I wouldn't count on it for 2-3 months at the earliest.

If you want more stability in sacrifice for less functionality then you should upgrade. People who have had system stability issues should update as well. You have to weigh the pros/cons for each version.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #787
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
if you could go back to the prior build would you?
Not a snowball's chance in h.

While I've seen a few momentary glitches--it whined about the stick being not found but got over it, and several other similar ones--it hasn't locked up or randomly changed music sources on its own or any other odd things that v2 did nearly every time we drove the car. That's huge.

It appears to have changed the logic for turning off the backup camera view upon shifting to drive--it seems to take some minimum forward speed now, and shows slightly different graphics showing some blocks that light up apparently as a function of prox sensor input. I'm expecting they will do some more bug fixes like adding back in Focus Favorite buttons.

As to all the complaints here, I don't think this is a representative population. (Ford apparently figured this out too.) Many posters here seem far more intersted in looking at the screen and seeing lots of information density and complex graphics, and having teeny buttons to allow that and so on--perhaps to the exclusion of actually looking out the windshield and driving. The average user population--not geeks in a car forum--just want the thing to work, not be a distraction from driving, provide a reasonable information set in a form that can be acquired with a minimum of eyes looking down time and with a minimum of visual effort, and not be finicky to operate. Sure, if they had the data, they could program the thing to show the words to the song and have a Karaoke sing-along bouncing ball. They could have the thing play Tetris controlled by the steering wheel buttons. They could download and play p*rn. But at some point--I'd argue, and Ford appears to be betting, a lot closer to MFT Gen2 v3 than v2--it's about the car being a tool to drive with an infotainment system, not an infotainment system with wheels. If you want to study album art while driving, please don't do it on highways my family travels.

Granted, I'm over 50, but I'm as facile with gadgets as anybody. The notion that simplifying this interface and showing less information in bigger fonts with bigger touch targets is just for old people is silly.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #788
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
I don't know what to tell you. Most of us with the update have had good luck. I haven't had any issues with USB or Bluetooth audio, and the entertainment portion of my new system works much better than the last one.
You don't ever know what to tell anybody. You are always consistanty diminishing other's issues while making excuses for Ford's screwups. Sounds like you need to work for their customer care division because you would fit right in.

All that matters is it works for you and your personal preference. Each and every time.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #789
cobie56
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 84403
What I Drive: '01 ZX3, '14 Civic XL '12 SEL

FF Reputation: 2 cobie56 Good Standing Member
Quote:
i agree,, i don't have any issues w/ the orig. version so am loathe to update. I think i'll wait (and keep my temp gauge) and see if ford provides bug fixes for this 3.0 version. I also agree w/ another poster here: ford should use the folks on this forum for their beta testing on all electronics like this... They'd get their
best results that way and wouldn't alienate the customer and have folks fuming.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #790
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:

Got that happening as well.

Also, last night the USB drive I've been using since November is "not recognized or supported". Unplugged it, re-plugged it, re-started car, nothing is working. It worked fine for the first day on the "upgrade". Plugged it in to my PC and everything seems right as rain. Thought, "well, another bug, I'll put on the hockey game". Pressed AM, nothing. Pressed again, nothing, blank screen where the channel info normally is. Waited a couple minutes, nothing.

Started motherf'ng Ford with a new, previously unmatched rage.

Bookmarks & Social Networks