My Ford Touch Thread - Page 77 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #761
SNAPThr0w
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93998
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 SNAPThr0w Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Anyone really regretted upgrading though? Does the faster response and stability overall outweigh some of the missing features? Basically if you could go back to the prior build would you?
Not a chance... MFT is so much more reliable after the upgrade, it's not a guessing game anymore to what is going to happen with my stereo when I get in the car!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #762
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Basically if you could go back to the prior build would you?
Yep, in a heartbeat. I'm only two days in and have tried to talk myself into liking it but it is f-ing ugly. I would rather put up with the crashes and instability that I had (and learned to work around so can I have that back Ford?) than this. I'll give it a week and hope it makes a difference but I'm guessing no dice. Am I stuck with this fwd/pause/rwd strip forever? If so, at least it is FREAKING GIGANTIC.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #763
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Anyone really regretted upgrading though? Does the faster response and stability overall outweigh some of the missing features? Basically if you could go back to the prior build would you?
No way! I have noticed a couple of small issues (info corner click missing and the shuffle doesn't work without turning it on each time even though its selected as on) but its so far beyond the POS it was I'm thrilled with it. A lot firmer base to build on and resolve these few glitches.

Joe
Old 03-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #764
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
So, I drove my car to work and had the first real opportunity to play with the update. I must say, I'm disapointed, but not surprised. Its snappier, feels more stable, but functionality isn't much better. Ive gone from having intermittent mp3 cover art problems to no art at all. Ive had some minor hangups in system response too. I must say, they obviously lied about beta testing the software. Its got too many bugs to be finished. Thankfully it does seem like they got the foundation right, but there is absolutely no fit and finish. I think if I were to score mft, its gone from a .5 to 1.5 outta five to a 2.5 out of five. Hopefully ford actually listens to us this time and speeds a new patch through soon.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #765
Murray5476
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 94641
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Murray5476 Good Standing Member
I have an appointment with my dealer Monday morning for my upgrade. My major problem is with noise while I am making calls. The person on the other end can hardly hear me. Hopefully this will be a problem of the past! Wish me luck!!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #766
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yep, in a heartbeat. I'm only two days in and have tried to talk myself into liking it but it is f-ing ugly. I would rather put up with the crashes and instability that I had (and learned to work around so can I have that back Ford?) than this. I'll give it a week and hope it makes a difference but I'm guessing no dice. Am I stuck with this fwd/pause/rwd strip forever? If so, at least it is FREAKING GIGANTIC.
Don't know about downgrading (close call for me) but I agree the usefulness of the user interface was a significant step backwards. I just though the old interface was beautiful.The speed and stability were steps forward but not far enough considering I waited a year. v3 still some fluky-ness as I was once at the phone screen, hit the Entertainment button (lower left) and it was just unresponsive. Went to the climate screen OK , then was able to get to Entertainment. But... everything is faster.

v2.11 Interface Look at that big album art and the progress bar. (The car was off so you don't see the temp up top but its usually there):

New 3.0 screen, album Art- half the size, progress bar - gone, temp -gone Look at the increased useless black space at the top and bottom between the button rows and the four corner quadrants. The new setup may look cleaner but it is a MUCH LESS efficient use of the available space. I RARELY used the buttons that were at the bottom (Repeat, Shuffle, Similar music). So, they were fine along the bottom (where there is now blank space). Sticking them along the right side just makes the screen look like a bunch of buttons rather than a cool iPod looking screen. If you are just going to fill the screen with buttons, skip the screen and put real plastic buttons up there. An LCD screen is for cool looking stuff!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #767
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
This update is GARBAGE.

I tried using bluetooth audio tonight and it would NOT work... I couldn't skip songs using MFT. I had to pull out my phone and manually skip songs. So then at a red light I tried to plug my phone in USB and it STILL wouldn't work... so I had to unplug and replug at the next light.

Absolute garbage! It's worse than the last version...
Old 03-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #768
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Yes...Bluetooth/USB is even more screwed up! And I can't even see what song is playing on the home screen when listening to radio. :-\
Old 03-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #769
Dunka
ɔıʇɐuɐɟ snɔoɟ

Fan#: 94911
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 Dunka Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post

If only they could have just "improved" on the existing system rather than do a total rewrite.
I haven't seen the new MFT in person yet, but from pictures and videos that I have seen, the original screen looks more vibrant and not dull looking like the new version IMO. Could be just the pics or maybe my eyes as well.
Plus loosing items/shortcuts that we have grown accustomed to having/using isn't an upgrade at all.
I was looking forward to this upgrade, but now I think I'm gonna sit this one out.
HatchNation #51
Old 03-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #770
TitaniumGero
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88508
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 3 TitaniumGero Good Standing Member
I wonder how many usb's I have collected from them by the time they perfect MFT.

Bookmarks & Social Networks