My Ford Touch Thread - Page 75 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #741
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Depending on your vehicle software configuration, the Performance Upgrade is now available on the Update & Customize page on the SYNC Owner website. For Navigation-equipped vehicle owners, if you choose to download the upgrade, please note you will have a non-functioning Navigation system until you receive the new SD card by mail.

Jaclyn
In other words, I was right.

And, if the developers *are* actually working on the next line of updates, we can expect to wait another 6-12 months for any kind of information. Awesome job again, Ford. If it weren't for the fact that I love the rest of the car, I'd have a much bigger opinion on the matter. The new update looks *horrific*. I've used it for 2 days now and although it performs much better (awesome job there...the speed difference is huge), there are a *ton* of problems I've found. Glitches happen on almost every page (for instance, I'm listening to Radio Preset #1 and suddenly out of nowhere the screen changes to Radio Preset #3. It doesn't actually change the *station*, just the display, but in order to then change to Radio Preset #3 I'd have to select something else, *THEN* 3).

Today it told me my temperature control system was turned off out of nowhere. According to my car (and the fact that I have a brain), it was still on. There was no way to change the options (temperature, type of heat, etc...) from the MFT screen until I turned the system off and on again. Then the pause button did nothing (it would, graphically, say it was paused...but the music was still playing).

I have about 10 other things, but these are *ALL* glitches I've found in the first 2 days. It is almost completely impossible that 300+ people beta tested this for months without finding *ALL* of these glitches. For reference, I've used the system a total of ~60 minutes since installing it (3 commutes and a drive to volleyball and back). 10+ glitches in 60 minutes doing normal things (not intentionally "testing" the system) that 300+ people couldn't find in months.

Do you really expect us to be as dumb as dogs?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #742
forceflow2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89089
What I Drive: 2013 Mustang GHIG V6 Premium

FF Reputation: 1 forceflow2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
Once again, as I've already stated multiple times, this is a completely irrelevant question. I realize it's hard to understand, since people see idiotic movies like Hackers and think anything can be cracked, but I promise you it is irrelevant. There is *NO* possible way to alter the files, at all, and allow the installation to still be valid.

I'll give the exact numbers here, so there can be no doubt. Most PKE uses 128-bit encryption (meaning, 128 digits that are either 0 or 1). That doesn't sound too complicated, until you realize what that means. In order to figure out how many combinations are possible, multiple by 2 128 times (meaning: 2x2x2x2...etc). That's over 34,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 combinations. A computer that could do 1 billion combinations per second would take 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years to crack a standard 128-bit encryption code. Every browser in the world uses this type of encryption for various tasks, as do encrypted installations (this one).

If you're still worried it could be "faked"...stop. It's almost completely impossible for that to happen.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the best computers that currently exist can only actively compute around 1 billion combinations per second. There are only roughly 3 computers like this that exist in the world, and they cost hundreds of millions, a piece. The average home computer (even the fastest you can buy) can only compute roughly 1% of that amount.
Accurate, but not precise. 340 not 34. That's just the entire keyspace, there are many ways (depending on the algorithm used, of course) to decrease that number and the odds that you would need to exhaust the entirety of it is low. However, you are very much correct that it's unlikely to the point of not being worth mentioning.
Reacquired by Ford under Lemon Law 01/16/13.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #743
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Points 2,928, Level 33
Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33 Points: 2,928, Level: 33
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 13 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Accurate, but not precise. 340 not 34.
Hahaha, I love that you went through and double-checked how many zeros there were. You are correct. If you had to go through all of the possible keys it would, in fact, be 3.4028236692093846346337460743177e+38. Thank you.

That extra factor of ten only means it'd be even harder to crack the code!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #744
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by forceflow2 View Post
Accurate, but not precise. 340 not 34. That's just the entire keyspace, there are many ways (depending on the algorithm used, of course) to decrease that number and the odds that you would need to exhaust the entirety of it is low. However, you are very much correct that it's unlikely to the point of not being worth mentioning.
Sorry was counting the number of zeroes in my head (threw it into a calculator and must have mis-counted when I was typing it out). You're absolutely right.

And I'm not saying it would take that many iterations to find the correct one. The next post down I said the chances of it happening on the last combination are the same as the chances it would happen on the first (so, logically, once you hit the halfway point you've already surpassed the average) but, like you said, it's really not even worth mentioning.

The only point I was trying to make is that I've told people already 3-4 times that it's almost completely impossible, and nobody seemed to believe me. Figured some math might make them understand.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #745
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
Just an FYI - Seeing as the update is now directly available from the SyncMyRide website, I have removed the page I was hosting the file on. Everyone should be able to get it directly from Ford now.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #746
RDJTX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 88961
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 RDJTX Good Standing Member
I am currently sitting in my car doing the update. Coupe of interesting observations.

First - I used a 1gb stick the first time To download the files on. When I put it in the port nothing happenedat all so I checked by using sync. When I said USB it came back and said there was no device plugged into the USB. I took it out and reinserted and got the message that the device was not recognized. I went bac into the house and called the support folks. She went and checked and told me that indeed it needed a 2gb stick. I found an 8 gb stick and redownloaded the files and everything kicked off the way it was supposed to. The file sizes were exactly the same so I guess the system wont accept anything below 2gb.

Now it appears to be stuck on file 1 of 9. I guess it just takes a long time to extract the files lol. Glad I have a full tank of gas
Old 03-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #747
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
Thats happening for everyone. Just out of curiosity, did you download the update directly from Ford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifocus View Post
Just installed my update this morning . I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem...When touching the 4 corners , aren"t they supposed to make a sound? They all do, but the green services corner does not. Overall i am not all that impressed with this update. Once again Ford took something out of the oven before it was done....
Old 03-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #748
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,256, Level 35
Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35 Points: 3,256, Level: 35
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
No....
You're one of the few saying that it's not a complete update, but my guess is that Ford ended up rushing it to shut up the people who couldn't quit complaining about the fact that the update wasn't coming out fast enough for them.

I think it's 100 times better than the previous system was, despite the small bugs there still are. The ones I've noticed should be easily fixed with patches, though.

Either way, the new system looks and feels much more responsive, looks better (in my opinion), and is a lot more stable thus far.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 03-10-2012, 01:06 AM   #749
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Just installed my update this morning . I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem...When touching the 4 corners , aren"t they supposed to make a sound? They all do, but the green services corner does not. Overall i am not all that impressed with this update. Once again Ford took something out of the oven before it was done....
I noticed the deafening silence when I touch the "information" screen, as well. I like the upgrade and it performs much better. I did not do much with it yet but I look forward to see how it is. I give the upgrade a B+ overall!

Also, I did not like the compass on the corner at first, but I came around on it and started to like it (despite the duplicate display on the dashboard)

Another thing that other posters might of pointed out was the temperature display only displays the number, not the number and setting. Perhaps that may be fixed with another upgrade, but it is no big deal for me and can live without it.

On the home screen, the quadrants only display the function. For example, on the home page, when I listen to music, it would not display the name of the song/artist. It would just display "entertainment." When I click on a quadrant (IE climate, information, and phone), it would show up on the lower left quadrant.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #750
jbird1955
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 48235
What I Drive: 2014 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

Points 788, Level 14
Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14 Points: 788, Level: 14
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 jbird1955 Good Standing Member
Mine is DUN!

As I posted earlier, I was talking to Tech. Support at Ford and he found the issue(s) I was having with my MFT, the 2.11 update (installed in early November - that I PAID for) was not done properly. It was missing modules/components, whatever. To say I was PO'd is putting it mildly (I've had to almost fight with my service department/manager for anything to do with this car; the MFT, the trans update, etc. They only did the trans update as a "customer service request" and not as a warranty issue. I've always felt they were dismissive to my concerns and it takes too much effort on my part to get them to do anything and I bought the 5 year ESP as well. No loaners, no nothing). I had even asked them in December to please re-flash the MFT update and they refused. I knew it wasn't right!

So yesterday I'm poking around here and I see the links to download the 3 zip files but sadly they didn't work anymore. I then went back to syncmyride.com and low and behold there it was, the update!! To say i was thrilled would be putting it mildly! I think I was excited equally as I could have it NOW and not have to make an appointment and I could do it and not have to put up with the BS from my dealer's service department.

So, now I'm wondering about the trans update. It's been in for a month now and is markedly better although not quite right. I've reached out to another dealer through a friend of mine and he's offered to verify that this update was also done properly.

I really like the showroom piece of my dealer, a lot. I won't be dealing with the back area anymore (service manager happens to be the owners son).

This is the first new car I've ever owned. I absolutely love it except for these two issues. As the trans issue gets better with time (it is) and the MFT problem gone, I'm as excited about the car the as I was the first day I drove it back in July.

Joe

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.