My Ford Touch Thread - Page 73 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace



Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #721
VOLDAR
Focus Addict
 
VOLDAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90444
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

Posts: 1,137
FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
You can browse music through voice, but just bring it up. They still don't let you say "next page" to continue browsing, or give the option to select the song. I can't browse while driving, as it is still too clunky... and the voice commands don't support anything once you open the browse window. So I consider it still a huge fail.
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ? You can always chose to play all songs of the same "type". Sometimes I find MFT users being a bit "an..al" about it, but I may also be wrong.
__________________
White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat
303A, 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic, 17" Aluminum wheels, Luxury Package,
Parking Technology, Navigation, Winter Package
VOLDAR is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #722
Zip60912
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Fan#: 93826
Location: Beaverville, United States
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium 4 dr

Posts: 29
FF Reputation: 1 Zip60912 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Gahh! Stop calling it that!

I mean, yes it was technically bootleg under the definition that it wasn't distributed through the Ford website... but the files themselves were copied directly from a DEALER'S USB drive. So it's still the same file that all of the dealerships have (although, as we now know, the internet update is missing some random file that doesn't seem to be of any importance yet...)
Nothing wrong with the question....chaimav was simply asking what the source was. I think it is a good question.
__________________
2012 Focus Titanium Sedan
White Platinum Metallic Tri-coat
401A & Luxury Package & 17" Machined alloy painted wheels
Zip60912 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #723
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,499
FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip60912 View Post
Nothing wrong with the question....chaimav was simply asking what the source was. I think it is a good question.
True. Who knows, maybe that omitted file that us rebels downloaded cures the freezing!
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #724
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91850
Location: Pikesville, MD
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

Posts: 298
FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Don't get me wrong, If I didn't have NAV I would have installed file right away. In fact, I was the first to ask for it to be uploaded.
chaimav is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #725
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Fan#: 95657
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

Posts: 212
FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ? You can always chose to play all songs of the same "type". Sometimes I find MFT users being a bit "an..al" about it, but I may also be wrong.
By your logic, why would you browse at all?
If I'm able to bring up the browsing interface by voice, and I'm able to say next page and the system recognizes it, why won't it scroll through the list so i can see what's there, then SAY my voice command to play it. I'm sorry it that seems anal to you, or I confused or offended you in some way by complaining about a feature that should work (it actually accepts the "Next page" voice command while browsing) but I feel it's pretty reasonable to expect it to work, but also I'm just pointing out yet another shortcoming of the "improved" system.
mattphoto is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #726
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,499
FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ?
Because I have playlists for a reason and I'd rather browse through the list and say "Hey! That's a good song - *click*"

But more often, I used to browse because it was FASTER to go to:
Browse-->Music-->Playlists-->Recently Added-->Song X than to just say "Play song X" But I don't have to worry about this anymore...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #727
nole0675
Focus Rookie
 
nole0675's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90795
Location: Moore, OK
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

Posts: 22
FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
With people still complaining about things going wrong, why do i get the feeling there really is no separate GPU that they're now using. Maybe they just removed a bunch of features and stripped the graphics down to try to speed things up and reduce lock ups?
nole0675 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #728
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88299
Location: Torrance, CA
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

Posts: 2,660
FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I frankly find it rather hilarious how much energy is being expended over a tiny change in the f*ing volume control when there are much much bigger fish to fry with this update.
My apologies to all.
Kabigon is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #729
PratoN
Focus Fanatic
 
PratoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88058
Location: Milwaukee, WI
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

Posts: 3,499
FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
With people still complaining about things going wrong, why do i get the feeling there really is no separate GPU that they're now using. Maybe they just removed a bunch of features and stripped the graphics down to try to speed things up and reduce lock ups?
I was thinking the same thing yesterday...
PratoN is online now  
    Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #730
VOLDAR
Focus Addict
 
VOLDAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Fan#: 90444
Location: Montreal, Canada
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

Posts: 1,137
FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
By your logic, why would you browse at all?
If I'm able to bring up the browsing interface by voice, and I'm able to say next page and the system recognizes it, why won't it scroll through the list so i can see what's there, then SAY my voice command to play it. I'm sorry it that seems anal to you, or I confused or offended you in some way by complaining about a feature that should work (it actually accepts the "Next page" voice command while browsing) but I feel it's pretty reasonable to expect it to work, but also I'm just pointing out yet another shortcoming of the "improved" system.
My logic should tell you that when driving at 70 mph or 30 mph, you should look infront of you, not at the MFT scrolling the list of songs. What is then the difference between you browsing the MFT and the guy who's texting while driving and bumping into you ? You said before "Next page" vocal command does not work, now you say it actually works. What's the reality then ? My advice for you would be: test the system for at least one week and then come out with your opinions about it. I will sure be glad to read it and maybe applaud it. Do not come here saying that something doesn't work, then later, say that in fact it works and so on. This is why I call some "an..al" because you jump to conclusions before testing it thoroughly. My 0.02 $.

P.S. I'll test mine when I'll get my USB drive (have Nav) and I'll post my results, if I ever have something new to add to what has been already said.
__________________
White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat
303A, 6-Speed SelectShift Automatic, 17" Aluminum wheels, Luxury Package,
Parking Technology, Navigation, Winter Package
VOLDAR is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information : Site Map

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.