My Ford Touch Thread - Page 73 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #721
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
You can browse music through voice, but just bring it up. They still don't let you say "next page" to continue browsing, or give the option to select the song. I can't browse while driving, as it is still too clunky... and the voice commands don't support anything once you open the browse window. So I consider it still a huge fail.
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ? You can always chose to play all songs of the same "type". Sometimes I find MFT users being a bit "an..al" about it, but I may also be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #722
Zip60912
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93826
What I Drive: 2012 White Titanium 4 dr

FF Reputation: 1 Zip60912 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
Gahh! Stop calling it that!

I mean, yes it was technically bootleg under the definition that it wasn't distributed through the Ford website... but the files themselves were copied directly from a DEALER'S USB drive. So it's still the same file that all of the dealerships have (although, as we now know, the internet update is missing some random file that doesn't seem to be of any importance yet...)
Nothing wrong with the question....chaimav was simply asking what the source was. I think it is a good question.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #723
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 9 PratoN Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip60912 View Post
Nothing wrong with the question....chaimav was simply asking what the source was. I think it is a good question.
True. Who knows, maybe that omitted file that us rebels downloaded cures the freezing!
Old 03-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #724
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Don't get me wrong, If I didn't have NAV I would have installed file right away. In fact, I was the first to ask for it to be uploaded.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #725
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ? You can always chose to play all songs of the same "type". Sometimes I find MFT users being a bit "an..al" about it, but I may also be wrong.
By your logic, why would you browse at all?
If I'm able to bring up the browsing interface by voice, and I'm able to say next page and the system recognizes it, why won't it scroll through the list so i can see what's there, then SAY my voice command to play it. I'm sorry it that seems anal to you, or I confused or offended you in some way by complaining about a feature that should work (it actually accepts the "Next page" voice command while browsing) but I feel it's pretty reasonable to expect it to work, but also I'm just pointing out yet another shortcoming of the "improved" system.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #726
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLDAR View Post
Why would you browse while driving, when you are supposed to watch the road and not the MFT ? Can't you simply call : Play U2 ? or whatever you want ?
Because I have playlists for a reason and I'd rather browse through the list and say "Hey! That's a good song - *click*"

But more often, I used to browse because it was FASTER to go to:
Browse-->Music-->Playlists-->Recently Added-->Song X than to just say "Play song X" But I don't have to worry about this anymore...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #727
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
With people still complaining about things going wrong, why do i get the feeling there really is no separate GPU that they're now using. Maybe they just removed a bunch of features and stripped the graphics down to try to speed things up and reduce lock ups?
Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #728
Kabigon
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88299
What I Drive: 2012 sterling gray Titanium

FF Reputation: 8 Kabigon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I frankly find it rather hilarious how much energy is being expended over a tiny change in the f*ing volume control when there are much much bigger fish to fry with this update.
My apologies to all.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #729
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
With people still complaining about things going wrong, why do i get the feeling there really is no separate GPU that they're now using. Maybe they just removed a bunch of features and stripped the graphics down to try to speed things up and reduce lock ups?
I was thinking the same thing yesterday...
Old 03-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #730
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012 SEL Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
By your logic, why would you browse at all?
If I'm able to bring up the browsing interface by voice, and I'm able to say next page and the system recognizes it, why won't it scroll through the list so i can see what's there, then SAY my voice command to play it. I'm sorry it that seems anal to you, or I confused or offended you in some way by complaining about a feature that should work (it actually accepts the "Next page" voice command while browsing) but I feel it's pretty reasonable to expect it to work, but also I'm just pointing out yet another shortcoming of the "improved" system.
My logic should tell you that when driving at 70 mph or 30 mph, you should look infront of you, not at the MFT scrolling the list of songs. What is then the difference between you browsing the MFT and the guy who's texting while driving and bumping into you ? You said before "Next page" vocal command does not work, now you say it actually works. What's the reality then ? My advice for you would be: test the system for at least one week and then come out with your opinions about it. I will sure be glad to read it and maybe applaud it. Do not come here saying that something doesn't work, then later, say that in fact it works and so on. This is why I call some "an..al" because you jump to conclusions before testing it thoroughly. My 0.02 $.

P.S. I'll test mine when I'll get my USB drive (have Nav) and I'll post my results, if I ever have something new to add to what has been already said.

Bookmarks & Social Networks