My Ford Touch Thread - Page 71 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #701
kevinxb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96008
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 kevinxb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I downloaded the update from Ford last night and installed it on the way to work this morning. Only had a few minutes to play with it but I am impressed with the responsiveness so far. I've only had the car since Monday so I can't really make too many comparisons to the old system. I do miss the temperature display on the home screen and the compass is pretty redundant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #702
Gorcho
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87860
What I Drive: 2012 Hatchbk Yellow Blaze Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Gorcho Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
have someone had downgraded from this new POS to 2.11 yet? is it posible?
Old 03-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #703
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PratoN View Post
(I have a custom/ CyanogenMod image)
Ha, I'm re-flashing my setup as I type.....
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #704
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, I finally got to testing the new MFT. Since I mostly use it for managing my music, I must say that it is GREATLY improved. Yes, I realize it has lost some functionality (e.g.: it doesn’t show the bar for music played in relation to how long the song is, it doesn’t show what song is playing on the home screen for the radio or Sirius (it does for CDs, USB, and Bluetooth!), etc... But here is what I have to say:

1. Song Requesting is much improved. Before, my voice commands to request a song would take in excess of 30 seconds! Now they take less than 10. That’s a big change for me.
2. Scrolling through music is now bearable! Before, I’d go to a playlist (top rated) and try to scroll through my songs. I have over 3,000 songs on my ipod (even more in iTunes)… do you know how long it used to take to scroll to the bottom of a playlist with 100 songs? I don’t have time for that sh!t. Now it scrolls through pages quickly AND you can press the scroll bar on the side to skip multiple pages. VERY helpful.
3. Bluetooth Stability. Before, I’d get this error when my phone’s music player and Tinyshark/Spotify would try to connect all at the same time. MFT would flash “undefined” then disconnect my phone. From there, neither the Bluetooth nor the USB would work and I would have to do the ol’ fuse pull… EVERY. TIME. (we’re talking weekly…) I tried to replicate it yesterday and so far so good. Instead of crashing, it displayed a question mark in a rectangle in the area for what song was playing. I’m guessing this has more to do with my phone (I have a custom/ CyanogenMod image) than the car, but the fact that they have fixed it pleases me.

I’ve already found some glitches of sorts (my radio presets weren’t showing on my homescreen/entertainment page at first? I switched the radio station to AM and back to FM and they came back), I couldn’t open the *Entertainment* quadrant (it was blank) from the homescreen when my iPod was playing and after I connected my phone. I clicked on “Climate” and “Entertainment” showed up again. Other than that, no actual PROBLEMS (Except for Ford forcing the home screen and services to be our "favorites").
I'll agree with you scrolling is vastly improved, much more responsive. I haven't had time to mess with BT yet so I am not sure on that. I guess I was lucky with my old version in that I didn't have the kind of voice problems some were having (with either music or nav) but now mine seems to be worse. Now when I say "Play song <title>" I usually get list of 3 or 4 to pick from and in looking at the titles they don't even seem closely related in the words they contain. After a couple of those experiences driving in this morning I discovered that saying "F--- you" (I used the actual word and I did not say Play song F--- you, I just said F--- you) gave me a new list. When I said F--- you again in started playing a song titled "This Corrosion". I guess they kind of sound alike?!?

I did test out voice search to see if it would pull up some songs that I couldn't pull up before because there was stuff in parentheses as part of the song title and they did show up now, which is nice.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #705
BiggerBoat
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85913
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 BiggerBoat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Well, I finally got to testing the new MFT. Since I mostly use it for managing my music, I must say that it is GREATLY improved. Yes, I realize it has lost some functionality (e.g.: it doesn’t show the bar for music played in relation to how long the song is, it doesn’t show what song is playing on the home screen for the radio or Sirius (it does for CDs, USB, and Bluetooth!), etc... But here is what I have to say:....
Thanks for posting feedback. It is greatly appreciated since I am still looking for the time (and desire?) to load the new update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I am sure they are lurking, but funny how they haven't posted to address the problems that have started surfacing so fast. They also started the faster, simpler, better thread and have not posted since.

Very bad that someone called Sync customer service and they didn't even know what the favorites buttons were on the Focus steering wheel. You think they would of learned by now to be knowledgeable and overly helpful with how justifiably sensitive everyone is about MyFord Touch. They (and we) don't need this again and it's almost like the never ending story.
Until Ford realizes that we enthusiast geeks are an excellent (free) resource, they will continue to have negatives. I'm not implying that if we were in the beta, they would execute our every suggestion. But, it's apparent that the beta group of 700 they used did not have the keen eye that the folks up here have shown in 48 hours in terms of finding bugs and left out features that already existed in v2.11. Enthusiasm = performance and I suspect a lot of the Ford employes that were in the beta were kind of ...meh. Or, they knew all this and decided to release it anyway to get it out in the promised timetable. If that was the case, all they had to do was say (in gleaming corporate-speak) that they have more to come but wanted to get this new stabilizing version out to the folks.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #706
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
3D GPS mode is pretty much unusable for me. In the city, there are so many 3D buildings the thing slows to a crawl. And so they have to show these low contrast, microscopic green and white street signs on EVERY STREET?
I'm driving on the highway and every side street in a mile radius has a street sign popping up. the Screen is a mess.

My major complaint with the old and new NAV is that all the Streets are colored the same. County routes are the same thickness and color as every other street. Only the major Highways are colored differently and they become jumbled messes of color when traffic is on.

My 7 year old Mazda nav was far superior to this.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #707
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:

2. Scrolling through music is now bearable! Before, I’d go to a playlist (top rated) and try to scroll through my songs. I have over 3,000 songs on my ipod (even more in iTunes)… do you know how long it used to take to scroll to the bottom of a playlist with 100 songs? I don’t have time for that sh!t. Now it scrolls through pages quickly AND you can press the scroll bar on the side to skip multiple pages. VERY helpful.

You can browse music through voice, but just bring it up. They still don't let you say "next page" to continue browsing, or give the option to select the song. I can't browse while driving, as it is still too clunky... and the voice commands don't support anything once you open the browse window. So I consider it still a huge fail.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #708
PratoN
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88058
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ti Hatchback, DCT

FF Reputation: 10 PratoN Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoat View Post
Until Ford realizes that we enthusiast geeks are an excellent (free) resource, they will continue to have negatives. I'm not implying that if we were in the beta, they would execute our every suggestion. But, it's apparent that the beta group of 700 they used did not have the keen eye that the folks up here have shown in 48 hours in terms of finding bugs and left out features that already existed in v2.11. Enthusiasm = performance and I suspect a lot of the Ford employes that were in the beta were kind of ...meh. Or, they knew all this and decided to release it anyway to get it out in the promised timetable. If that was the case, all they had to do was say (in gleaming corporate-speak) that they have more to come but wanted to get this new stabilizing version out to the folks.
I agree. Their 700 sample group must have been random. They could've used that in addition to a more vocal (and probably younger) group like ourselves.

Another thing: My (May 2011 build) still doesn't let me turn on only the rear defrost by voice, however saying "Max Defrost" does turn it on. I thought that was weird... even if I could use it, I'm still just going to push the button.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #709
voip-ninja
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87642
What I Drive: 2004 Audi A4 Quattro

FF Reputation: 1 voip-ninja Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting485 View Post
Check the following.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bK7tIAws6o

I am hoping applink comes to the Ford Focus soon.
Amen brother. I hope app link comes to the current vehicles. I would be pretty pissed if I bought a Ford with MFT and then Ford required new hardware to make applink work in six months or a year.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #710
jkimrey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95845
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 jkimrey Good Standing Member
I'm happy with the update myself.

The touchscreen did, however, lock up on me this morning (screen was frozen when I got in the car), so I eventually had to pull the fuses.

As long as I don't have to do that often, I'm happy with the update.

And I don't think the designers were thinking of the "5-10%" of elderly people when they designed the layout (fonts) - I think they were made larger to make it easier to quickly glance and get the information you're looking for.

Once they get the majority rolled out on the new update, I'm sure they can come back with minor fixes (such as the "beep" not happening on the information screen select and the audio play information not showing on the home screen).

Bookmarks & Social Networks