My Ford Touch Thread - Page 51 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #501
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92644
What I Drive: focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 Bakaboy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Now... if only someone would image the SD...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #502
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I believe the SD card is hardware coded, so it will not work on any generic SD card (read this on the edge forum).
Old 03-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #503
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
My update finished. Took about an hour. Everything went smooth as silk. Absolutely LOVE the responsiveness of the touch screen now. Really happy with the new fonts also. It will be interesting to see if I can get though a few days without any sort of random lockup, reboot or just other general weirdness.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:57 PM   #504
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
I believe the SD card is hardware coded, so it will not work on any generic SD card (read this on the edge forum).
If it can be written, then it can be read. I'll look at my SD card tonight and see what kind of "scheme" they have. No promises. :P
Old 03-07-2012, 07:02 PM   #505
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

I dont believe the SD cards are coded in any way. The dealerships received a bunch of the SD cards with the USB stick and they are just installing the card when they do the update. There is no way they could be coded based on how the dealers are handling the installs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaboy View Post
If it can be written, then it can be read. I'll look at my SD card tonight and see what kind of "scheme" they have. No promises. :P
Old 03-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #506
PJFan
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92864
What I Drive: SG 2012 Focus TI Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 PJFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Now... if only someone would image the SD...

Have any Canadians done the update that is linked here? I'm curious if this will enable sync service for us!
Old 03-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #507
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Sorry, I may have misunderstood your post mattphoto. Maybe its possible that they somehow have encoded the SD card to only be read with the sync hardware, but I have my doubts. It will be interesting to see what Bakaboy comes up with.....Bakaboy - do you have the new A3 SD card already?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Old 03-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #508
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I mean apparently the SD card hardware itself, like the serial number, manufacturer, etc is hard coded in the card. I have seen this on many SD/microSD/XD cards for photography as well. Cannot be changed because it's hardware rather than the writeable component of the card.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:09 PM   #509
Bakaboy
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by txskeets View Post
Bakaboy comes up with.....Bakaboy - do you have the new A3 SD card already?
No, no, not by any means, which is sad :(. I'm just saying that if they implemented some time of protection scheme then the old card is most probably protected the same way.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #510
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Hey everyone!

I know you’re excited to download the new software, but I want you to know that Ford urges you not to install unauthorized copies of the Performance Upgrade. Customers who do so run the risk of damaging their MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system and voiding their vehicle warranty.

Over the next several weeks, we are mailing the Performance Upgrade packet to our customers. Additionally, we're planning to release the software for download from SYNCMyRide.com for many customers by the end of this week. If you have Nav, and the update is downloaded prior to receiving the new SD card, then you will be stuck with a non-functioning Nav system until you receive and install your new Nav card.

Stay tuned to Owner to Owner for upcoming announcements on this topic:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...tag=fordsyncmb

Mike
I have to say, firstly, that it's awesome that your team comes here to post. We're all thankful for that.

But trying to scare people into not updating by saying it could void their vehicle warranty? Not cool. I downloaded and installed it, and it works fine. Considering the install is signed it wouldn't really be possible for someone to "create one" or modify the existing one without the install failing (which would have no effect). Either way, it wouldn't void the vehicle warranty.

What you're seeing is a lot of people *really* unhappy with the old system that have been using it for 1-2 years with no word from Ford on a fix. Ford finally releases information about the new fix and it doesn't come out for 6+ months. Now it's being sent out and it isn't put up on the website. It's a whole series of mistakes by Ford that seem to almost intentionally screw over the customers.

The *EASIEST* distribution would be throwing it on the website. It would take less than 20 minutes and would allow everyone, and their mothers, to download it and install it. I understand that Ford spent a good amount of money buying and sending out the USB sticks, but if the update is ready...post it. Some people, especially those on boards such as this one, don't want to have to wait another week or 3 to get the update that should have arrived a year ago.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->