My Ford Touch Thread - Page 50 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #491
hotleadsingerguy
Focus Addict

Fan#: 86687
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium 5-Door

FF Reputation: 5 hotleadsingerguy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcornwall View Post
Ready to do the downloaded update, waiting for enough of you to jump first.
Did mine today. Work network blocked the guy's site that hosted it, but I download it on my phone and threw it on a usb stick lol love modern technology.

One thing of note is that apparently some steps require the key being in the car. I just turned on the car and went back into work (middle of a project), so the key was in my pocket. Went back out and the system restarted and continued on from step 3/9. What I did was close the door with the IA key in the car then shut the window and locked the car. The only time the car actively checks for the IA key is when you open or close the doors, so that fooled it enough to finish.

Came back out to a newly-updated system! Works wonderfully. *MUCH* quicker in many things than the old system. Browsing an iPod with 40GB of music on it is *extremely* quick. You can just hit the letters a few times and it instantly drops down to that point. The same is true when paging up and down on the list. Before, you could hit the main letter headings and wait 2-7 seconds before it actually updated the screen...same with paging up and down. Now, it literally pages down as soon as you press the button. *HUGE* deal for those of us that use the iPod for everything.

Couldn't be happier with the update, as of right now! (posting this in the official Ford MFT thread, as well)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #492
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by smizak View Post
After spending more time with it, I'm changing my tune.
Glad to hear you are liking it better. For me i don't mind giving up looks if it means that it actually does what it's supposed to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotleadsingerguy View Post
same with paging up and down. Now, it literally pages down as soon as you press the button.
You can actually scroll through the pages as well by sliding the scroll bar without hanging up. It's Great!
Old 03-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #493
VOLDAR
Focus Addict

Fan#: 90444
What I Drive: Volt 2014, White Diamond

FF Reputation: 3 VOLDAR Good Standing Member
Unfortunatelly I have the Nav on my system, so I will wait for the mail.

P.S. Guys, just a thing though : have you thought of everybody here who said they don't want MFT because it sucks ? Come on, with all the input you gave about this update, you may start a revolution of threads on the subject "Why didn't I get MFT ?". Neahh, just kidding. This kind of thing cannot happen. So tell us all how you like your new MFT. PLEASE !
---replaced by---
Chevy Volt 2014, White Diamond, Luxury Package, S1, Navigation.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #494
OldArmy07
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87215
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 OldArmy07 Good Standing Member
I think the update is spectacular. It finally makes MFT usable. I feel like I have a new car. There may still be annoyances with it - the compass is a pretty big waste of space for those of us without Nav. I would have loved them to give us a selection of widgets that we could use to put in the upper right quadrant.

Other than that though, it is fast enough to actually use now, instead of being afraid to hit buttons that cause it to lock up. Response time on the voice control is significantly improved, as is the amount of time that it takes for the car to accept voice commands after turning it on. I connected my iPhone this afternoon and turned on Spotify, and I was happy to discover that when I hit the pause button on the MFT display, the song pauses in an instant. Prior to the update, I would hit the pause button and it would actually pause about 4 seconds later.

If anyone has any specific questions, let me know and I'll do my best to respond.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #495
jkimrey
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95845
What I Drive: Ford Focus 2012

FF Reputation: 1 jkimrey Good Standing Member
Well, I contacted Audible about playing audible content after the update and they were absolutely no help.

I wonder if we'll have to install an "app" in the car? Somehow I would assume they would have to link an audible account with the car. Unless, of course, it just allows one to use existing audible apps on a phone, tablet, etc.

I guess I'm the only one interested in this aspect of the update. :)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #496
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkimrey View Post
Well, I contacted Audible about playing audible content after the update and they were absolutely no help.

I wonder if we'll have to install an "app" in the car? Somehow I would assume they would have to link an audible account with the car. Unless, of course, it just allows one to use existing audible apps on a phone, tablet, etc.

I guess I'm the only one interested in this aspect of the update. :)
Someone posted the link to the manual, it was pretty large. Did you check that out?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #497
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
I really like the new update. Just finished playing around with it. Took about 45 minutes to install. Went without any problems whatsoever. It's definitely faster. I miss the artist/song info the most of all the left out features...I have only 2 questions.

1) How do you set your favorites so that those 2 buttons on the steering wheel work. Previously I had them as quick dial and Sirius. Now they do home screen and sync services. Can't find how to assign favorites.

2) My calendar is 1 day advanced. Says that its the 8th. Anyone know how to set the calendar. I can only find options for the clock. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #498
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,125, Level 27
Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27 Points: 2,125, Level: 27
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hey everyone!

I know you’re excited to download the new software, but I want you to know that Ford urges you not to install unauthorized copies of the Performance Upgrade. Customers who do so run the risk of damaging their MyFord/MyLincoln Touch system and voiding their vehicle warranty.

Over the next several weeks, we are mailing the Performance Upgrade packet to our customers. Additionally, we're planning to release the software for download from SYNCMyRide.com for many customers by the end of this week. If you have Nav, and the update is downloaded prior to receiving the new SD card, then you will be stuck with a non-functioning Nav system until you receive and install your new Nav card.

Stay tuned to Owner to Owner for upcoming announcements on this topic:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pf...tag=fordsyncmb

Mike

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #499
txskeets
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85127
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 4 txskeets Good Standing Member
Well now that I am home, I'm installing the update. Seems its going ok so far. I'll let you know when its done.

@FordIVTeam - While I understand what Ford is saying about unauthorized copies, and everyone assumes their own risk by installing this, what is floating around for downloading is a zipped up copy of the Performance Upgrade USB stick which was sent to the dealers.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:44 PM   #500
seseattle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 seseattle Good Standing Member
My pleasure. I just hated the thought of all of us without NAV waiting on the mail when there is an easier way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks