My Ford Touch Thread - Page 41 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #401
I Bleed Ford Blue
Focus Addict

Fan#: 94113
What I Drive: 2013 F150 FX4

FF Reputation: 8 I Bleed Ford Blue Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
It was my understanding that all you needed to upgrade to nav on an MFT w/o nav was to add the SD card with the nav files. Since my car has the nav on it already, I plan to make a copy of the new nav files and post them along with the old nav files, that way you can choose which nav files to use. If your keeping the old software in the MFT, then you need the old A2 nav files, if your installing the upgrade then you need the new A3 files.

Maybe the site admins will provide a way to upload the files for all to use. HINT HINT
14 Dark Side Fusion SE 200A
L-CCC #18/HOIA #37
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 08:59 PM   #402
nole0675
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90795
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray SEL Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 nole0675 Good Standing Member
Ok, so the performance upgrade was completed on my Focus today. Here are my thoughts:

Speed/Performance- Much faster. The phone shows up almost immediately upon start up, and voice recognition is available with no delays. Time to change screens is faster also. For those who have Nav, it still takes some time for the map to be drawn on the screen but it is marginally faster. Switching between preset banks in any audio mode is almost instant. USB audio indexed extremely fast. My system is still building media commands, but I just got it back so hopefully once it's done it won't have to do it again. Background noise while using the hands free phone was 100% better according to the person i was talking to who had complained about that issue to me before. Overall much improved.

Interface- The UI is much easier to understand and use. Buttons are laid out in a more logical arrangement, and the more frequently used buttons are easier to find. Some things are missing though, like the customizable home screen. No more wallpapers unless you want it displayed with your 4 corners home screen on top of it.

Graphics- Here is where I'm not as impressed. Most people who had seen the new version complimented the graphics as being better. To me, the screens and the fonts just don't seem as sharp as the old version (and yes I cleaned the screen after the tech had his fingers all over it). Also, some of the fonts on some of the screens aren't white. More like a dull gray color which really doesn't contrast very well on a dark screen and makes it difficult to read.

Nitpicks- With the system now being put into a suspended state at shut down why can't it remember what screen I was on when it starts up? Just like the last version, everytime it starts up it defaults to the home screen. Annoying. Also, when I'm on any screen other than the phone screen the display in the bar sacrifices my phone's battery level info for the word connected. I already know my phone is connected if it's showing me signal strength. I would rather know my battery remaining than see the word connected. Annoying. Finally, the fonts for different things are different sizes. If I'm on the home screen and it shows my phone info in big white fonts, then make a phone call and suddenly the info in that corner of the home screen gets small and turns that gray color that's hard to read then what's the point?

Overall I'm happy to have the upgrade done. It IS much better as far as the major concern of speed/stability. If it works properly I'll deal with the small annoyances it provides me. Some of you may not even consider those things annoyances, so I'll leave it up to you. I hope this helped. If anyone has any specific questions, I'd be happy to look and get you an answer.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #403
OldArmy07
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 87215
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 OldArmy07 Good Standing Member
Good post. Thanks for your insight. If you have real complaints, I think the Ford folks want you to post them on the social.ford.com site for them to track. I will gladly upvote your suggestions.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #404
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Another homemade video of MFT Ver 3.0.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM   #405
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by nole0675 View Post
when I'm on any screen other than the phone screen the display in the bar sacrifices my phone's battery level info for the word connected.
How long of name do you have for your phone?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #406
seseattle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 seseattle Good Standing Member
post deleted.

Last edited by seseattle; 03-08-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #407
mokomull
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93964
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Ti HB SGM

FF Reputation: 1 mokomull Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by seseattle View Post
I get "This invite has already been accepted by another account" when I try to look at that.

Still not sure whether I want to install it now or wait for the USB stick, but the option would be nice :)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #408
akelley3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 90272
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Grey Metallic SEL

FF Reputation: 1 akelley3 Good Standing Member
Thanks so much. I love happy accidents!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 PM   #409
smizak
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92058
What I Drive: 2012 Black SEL

FF Reputation: 2 smizak Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by akelley3 View Post
Thanks so much. I love happy accidents!
Adam, your internets are slow. Hurry up. ;-)

seseattle, it's in your public folder, right?
Old 03-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #410
seseattle
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91436
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 2 seseattle Good Standing Member
I'm moving it there now as a single zip file.

Last edited by seseattle; 03-07-2012 at 10:27 AM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.