My Ford Touch Thread - Page 374 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 07-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #3731
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

Points 284, Level 5
Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
<<snip>>
Oh, and about the 911 feature. The way I look at it, it seems a nice feature to have. I mean I really don't need it to call 911 for me when there is a problem, but it would be cool if it did work in a serious accident where I were rendered unconscious and nobody was around. If it didn't work I'm no worse off, but if it does then this is great. So in this case it's nothing but a positive (not sure why people are knocking this feature).
Well, that wasn't nice. Wrecked my mustang last Saturday. Sync system came on, stated it detected the airbags were deployed and tried to dial 911. But it failed due to I didn't have my bluetooth turned on. So had to call the old fashioned way.

Those interested in see a pic - I have a thread over at Mustang source.
http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...ff-out-531831/
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #3732
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Ouch! That did not look good. Sorry to hear about your loss. :(
Old 07-25-2014, 09:09 AM   #3733
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Arrgh, bummer, sorry man! A car is just a car though and it would appear you are OK. That is the most important thing.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #3734
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
So it's been about a year since 3.6.2 came out and there doesn't seem to be any sign of 3.6.3/3.7/4.0

Is Ford subtly trying to tell us that this generation of MFT is as good (least bad?) as it's ever going to be?

Last. Ford. Ever.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #3735
Woggy64
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104328
What I Drive: '12 Ti 5dr with sport pkg & sunroof

Points 758, Level 14
Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14 Points: 758, Level: 14
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 Woggy64 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
So it's been about a year since 3.6.2 came out and there doesn't seem to be any sign of 3.6.3/3.7/4.0

Is Ford subtly trying to tell us that this generation of MFT is as good (least bad?) as it's ever going to be?

Last. Ford. Ever.
I have had zero issues since getting 3.6.2. What issue do you seem to have with it?
Old 08-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #3736
TheOldBear
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 110816
What I Drive: 2012 Race Red sedan

Points 99, Level 1
Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1 Points: 99, Level: 1
Level Up 98% Completed
Level up: 98% Level up: 98% Level up: 98%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 TheOldBear Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggy64 View Post
I have had zero issues since getting 3.6.2. What issue do you seem to have with it?
Well, there are:
  • Removed features [e.g. programmable buttons, song progress bar, wallpaper, clock DST offset for MFT with Navů]
  • Misfeatures [useless WiFi, no autoclock set, useless calendar, floating ball compass]. A misfeature is where software meets the specification, but does nothing useful.
  • Bugs [Report of volume excursion with 3.6.2 this week over on Ford's MFT forums], clock not staying set.

There are also obvious missing features, like backup/restore settings, so it would be possible to preserve the customer's customized configuration across software or hardware upgrades.

Another missing feature is the promise of 'apps' for MFT, but since the current hardware struggles to run just the base software, I would not expect to see this except by QNX/CarPlay relaying the app from a phone.

I also see a basic management problem - there are no software defect tracking tools available to provide feedback to both Customers and Ford.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #3737
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
To which I'd add just a whole lot of random non-reproducible behavior. Forgets what you were listening to when you shut the car off. Forgets what you were listening to when you press the start button. Backup camera stays on screen for two or three miles after you shift to D. Backup camera sometimes just stops showing the guidance lines. UI hangs. UI just changes to another screen. Reboots. And on and on. Do I see all these things frequently? No. Should I *ever* see them? My wife has pretty much taken to driving with the radio off at all times. She's never even tested if SMS integration works with her new phone because she basically thinks anything on it is unlikely to work reliably enough to be worth messing with.

Glad some people are really happy with 3.6.2. Not us.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:23 PM   #3738
yellowcord
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113793
What I Drive: '13 Sterling Grey Ti. 5 spd

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 yellowcord Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBear View Post
Well, there are:
  • Removed features [e.g. programmable buttons, song progress bar, wallpaper, clock DST offset for MFT with Nav…] The newer Foci don't have the buttons so I don't believe that functionality will return. Jerk move Ford, Jerk move. I don't miss the song progress bar but I don't think I ever had it. Honestly I think Ford kinda got it right (unintentionally) with the lack of DST because DST a stupid concept in the first place. Having said that, it does need to be fixed.
  • Misfeatures [useless WiFi, no autoclock set, useless calendar, floating ball compass]. A misfeature is where software meets the specification, but does nothing useful. Wifi is not quite useless but pretty close, not sure what is meant by autoclock, do you mean you have to tell MFT to sync to GPS? If so they probably disabled it when they messed up the DST functionality. I like the compass personally, I'm not sure what else they could do there but it couldn't hurt to have options.
  • Bugs [Report of volume excursion with 3.6.2 this week over on Ford's MFT forums], clock not staying set. What do you mean volume excusion? I don't see anything on the front syncmyride.com page. My clock stays set but it does drift.

There are also obvious missing features, like backup/restore settings, so it would be possible to preserve the customer's customized configuration across software or hardware upgrades. That would be nice and it should be easy but for some reason it's one of the least likely things to work in any firmware upgrade. I wouldn't trust Ford/Microsoft to get it right. They definitely should be able save Nav points and stuff like that though!

Another missing feature is the promise of 'apps' for MFT, but since the current hardware struggles to run just the base software, I would not expect to see this except by QNX/CarPlay relaying the app from a phone. Agreed. I believe this is the end of the line for MFT and don't expect any future in fully "proprietary" systems. I believe the MFT hardware could run CarPlay or Android Auto but I'm not going to hold my breath

I also see a basic management problem - there are no software defect tracking tools available to provide feedback to both Customers and Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick W View Post
To which I'd add just a whole lot of random non-reproducible behavior. Forgets what you were listening to when you shut the car off. I don't have this problem any more. I used to but it seems to have fixed itself shortly after 3.6.2. Forgets what you were listening to when you press the start button. Same issue?Backup camera stays on screen for two or three miles after you shift to D. I think this is easily fixed by shifting back into reverse and then into drive again. Might be different for manuals/automatics though. It does need to be fixed though. Backup camera sometimes just stops showing the guidance lines. UI hangs. UI just changes to another screen. Reboots. I don't think I've seen any of those issues since the first month after 3.6.2And on and on. Do I see all these things frequently? No. Should I *ever* see them? My wife has pretty much taken to driving with the radio off at all times. She's never even tested if SMS integration works with her new phone because she basically thinks anything on it is unlikely to work reliably enough to be worth messing with. I think the SMS integration is highly dependent on the phone. My Nexus 4 started out not working at all and gradually got better with newer versions of Android and my current Nexus 5 was initially intermittent with it working and was working perfectly with the latest 4.4.4 and then I installed CyanogenMod and it is back to being intermittent but it's CyanogenMod at fault as the entire bluetooth functionality locks up and I need to restart it.

Glad some people are really happy with 3.6.2. Not us.
See stuff I said inline above in blue.

Final thoughts: For me the major issues have gone away (random resetting, crashing, not being usable every 5th trip, etc.) but this system has pretty much completely soured me on OEM "premium" stereos. My next car will likely be purchased with the expectation that I will be replacing the stereo.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #3739
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Interesting thread over at SMR:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/disc...1?nav=messages
Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 AM   #3740
yellowcord
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113793
What I Drive: '13 Sterling Grey Ti. 5 spd

Points 103, Level 2
Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2 Points: 103, Level: 2
Level Up 6% Completed
Level up: 6% Level up: 6% Level up: 6%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 1 yellowcord Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
That is interesting. It wasn't deleted by the SMR mods so it seems like it could be true. Then again I would have thought that we would have heard more by now if others had gotten it. The person also doesn't say what has changed which would be very helpful.

I can believe that they released it and then decided that it wasn't a good idea to release it before a long weekend.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.