My Ford Touch Thread - Page 37 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #361
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoJ View Post
The lady was very nice and said she just got out of a meeting that said they are definitely shipping out USB Flashdrives with the latest and greatest to their customers starting March 8th. She stuck to this date even after throwing in some distractions and other tom-foolery about how bad the MFT system has been.
Man I hope she was right about that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #362
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
March 8 would be awesome, but I doubt it. They probably would roll it out later, after the iPad announcement dies down, so they can get some press out of it.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #363
pastor passum
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 94136
What I Drive: 2007 Performance White Shelby GT

FF Reputation: 1 pastor passum Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoJ View Post
I had to take my less than 2 week old Focus into the Ford dealership last week for the MFT freezing problem so many have posted about on this forum. After the dealership explained to me that they did a "key cycle" and "updated" the system, I inquired further. Apparently it is the same exact update as I had before, and has a high potential of freezing at any given moment. Great. I then asked for Ford's phone number.

I called Ford and filed a formal complaint. They have a MFT Complaint ticket hotline due to all the complaints they have received. Fast forward to this morning, I receive a call from Ford. The lady was very nice and said she just got out of a meeting that said they are definitely shipping out USB Flashdrives with the latest and greatest to their customers starting March 8th. She stuck to this date even after throwing in some distractions and other tom-foolery about how bad the MFT system has been. I also asked for some compensation for beta testing their system thus far, and she offered me my first car payment paid in full. She couldn't offer me anymore simply because I've only had the car for 2 weeks.
tl;dr Mar 8th begins shipment of latest and greatest MFT upgrades, call 800-392-3673 and complain. Its worth a shot.
Hopefully you got her name. If they actually do compensate you with one car payment for being a beta tester that would be great. My last 3 motorcycles would have been cheaper if BMW did that. At least Ford is trying to make things right.

Jim
Old 03-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #364
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=36131

For current customers, Ford will begin mailing out MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch upgrade packages to those in the U.S. this week. The packages will include a USB flash drive with the updated software, a notification letter, detailed instructions for the 60-minute download, and an updated user guide. Navigation-equipped vehicle owners also will receive an updated SD card with all-new, updated map data.

If preferred, customers also can elect to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for installation of the upgrade.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #365
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Cool. I guess I should plan out a 60 minute drive somewhere.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #366
WaldoJ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95958
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 WaldoJ Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor passum View Post
Hopefully you got her name. If they actually do compensate you with one car payment for being a beta tester that would be great. My last 3 motorcycles would have been cheaper if BMW did that. At least Ford is trying to make things right.

Jim
I did. I have her direct line and direct fax number. I agree with you, at least they are trying to do something to make it right. Kudos to Ford really.

It also looks like more information about the update is rolling out to the media now. I don't think her March 8th prediction was too far off.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #367
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Cool. I guess I should plan out a 60 minute drive somewhere.
No doubt. My in-laws live about an hour and 15 minutes away. Bet my wife would have a heart attack if I said I wanted to go out for visit.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #368
2012silversel
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83969
What I Drive: 2014 C-Max Energi, Sterling Gray

FF Reputation: 1 2012silversel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Deleted post with Detroit Free Press article.
I though this would be the place to post it, but there are two or three new threads covering the same topic.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #369
PJFan
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 92864
What I Drive: SG 2012 Focus TI Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 PJFan Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=36131

For current customers, Ford will begin mailing out MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch upgrade packages to those in the U.S. this week. The packages will include a USB flash drive with the updated software, a notification letter, detailed instructions for the 60-minute download, and an updated user guide. Navigation-equipped vehicle owners also will receive an updated SD card with all-new, updated map data.

If preferred, customers also can elect to take their vehicle to a Ford or Lincoln dealer for installation of the upgrade.

Any word on when those of us north of the border can expect to get the update?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #370
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFan View Post
Any word on when those of us north of the border can expect to get the update?
I would guess at the same time. But it is only a guess. US companies have a bad habit of leaving out (and canada too) when they make their announcements.

Bookmarks & Social Networks