My Ford Touch Thread - Page 366 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #3651
drpepper
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 117659
What I Drive: 2011

FF Reputation: 1 drpepper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
It appears FORD is only interested in MANIPULATING stats..."Sync AppLink
is available on most Ford cars"
Ford pushes the costly MFT package & in other articles/press releases states that MFT is on most cars & then use the above stats to claim Applink is most.
After 2011,2012,2013,2014 model releases of MFT- Pretty clear Ford is in the PR game ....over 4 + years to HIRE someone to program & haven't' Please...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 PM   #3652
lewisra
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93289
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black SEL

FF Reputation: 3 lewisra Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpepper View Post
It appears FORD is only interested in MANIPULATING stats..."Sync AppLink
is available on most Ford cars"
Ford pushes the costly MFT package & in other articles/press releases states that MFT is on most cars & then use the above stats to claim Applink is most.
After 2011,2012,2013,2014 model releases of MFT- Pretty clear Ford is in the PR game ....over 4 + years to HIRE someone to program & haven't' Please...e, but
Both statements are absolutely true. One says "available on" the other says "is on". In context, AppLink is available on nearly all vehicles unless you get one with MFT. In that, it was available, but most people are getting vehicles with MFT.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #3653
lookin4trouble
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 101921
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 lookin4trouble Good Standing Member
So, tell me if you've heard this one before ...

My MFT has gone blank with zero functionality twice within the last six months. The first time, after a few days without the MFT functioning, I tried pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery with no luck. So, I made an appointment with my local dealer to have things checked out. On the way to the dealer the MFT decides to magically turn on and display the "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen. After the scheduled maintenance is complete, everything is back to normal and the MFT is functioning like nothing ever happened. The most recent time was this past week. Again, the MFT died with zero functionality. This time I just decided to wait to see if it would fix itself again. I drove it for 4 days with no MFT and just today the damn thing decides to go to the "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen and function properly. Literally, zero problems when it reboots. No phone issues, presets and nav favorites still there - nothing wrong.

I'm on 3.6.2 and when it doesn't die for days on end, I have no issues with any MFT functionality.

Any ideas?
Old 02-18-2014, 07:51 AM   #3654
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Hi, lookin4trouble,

You'll need to go to your dealer to have them run diagnostics on your MFT. They'll be able to determine the cause and correct this issue. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 03-01-2014, 10:55 PM   #3655
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4trouble View Post

My MFT has gone blank with zero functionality twice within the last six months. The first time, after a few days without the MFT functioning, I tried pulling the fuse and disconnecting the battery with no luck. So, I made an appointment with my local dealer to have things checked out. On the way to the dealer the MFT decides to magically turn on and display the "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen. After the scheduled maintenance is complete, everything is back to normal and the MFT is functioning like nothing ever happened. The most recent time was this past week. Again, the MFT died with zero functionality. This time I just decided to wait to see if it would fix itself again. I drove it for 4 days with no MFT and just today the damn thing decides to go to the "Performing Scheduled Maintenance" screen and function properly. Literally, zero problems when it reboots. No phone issues, presets and nav favorites still there - nothing wrong.

I'm on 3.6.2 and when it doesn't die for days on end, I have no issues with any MFT functionality.

Any ideas?
Believe it or not, I think by the sounds of it that it's not the mft software, but maybe a loose wiring harness for power. Usually when it's the software it gets jerky or some part crashes before a reset. Sounds like the power disconnects, then the mft reboots which is where the scheduled maintenance bs comes from.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #3656
krongh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103123
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 krongh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookin4trouble View Post

Any ideas?
Mine does the exact same thing. Worked fine until last August, when it randomly shut off and stayed off for about a week then came back. A couple of weeks later it went off again, and then again came back. It did this about 4 times between August and November, but decided to stay dead in November and unbelievably came back last weekend. And of course today I ran into a store, came out, started it up and boom, dead again. Unfortunately for me, between my wifes and my schedule its almost impossible to get it into the dealer because of our and it's hours. Plus the amount of money they quoted me to 'have a look' at it is scaring me.

I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with the latest update.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 PM   #3657
GreyFox
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95457
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 GreyFox Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by krongh View Post
Mine does the exact same thing. Worked fine until last August, when it randomly shut off and stayed off for about a week then came back. A couple of weeks later it went off again, and then again came back. It did this about 4 times between August and November, but decided to stay dead in November and unbelievably came back last weekend. And of course today I ran into a store, came out, started it up and boom, dead again. Unfortunately for me, between my wifes and my schedule its almost impossible to get it into the dealer because of our and it's hours. Plus the amount of money they quoted me to 'have a look' at it is scaring me.

I have a 2012 Focus Titanium with the latest update.
Aren't you in warranty still? Even if your car isn't, MFT should be covered for 5 years I believe.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:04 AM   #3658
krongh
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103123
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 krongh Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
Aren't you in warranty still? Even if your car isn't, MFT should be covered for 5 years I believe.
Thanks. I hope it is, because i shouldn't have to pay a cent to fix their poor quality device!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:23 AM   #3659
HuskerFocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100149
What I Drive: 2012, Ingot Silver, SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 HuskerFocus Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by krongh View Post
Thanks. I hope it is, because i shouldn't have to pay a cent to fix their poor quality device!
Yep, MFT should be in warranty for at least 5 years, unlimited miles.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:20 PM   #3660
Richs10
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95786
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Richs10 Good Standing Member
My 2012 Titanium with 20k miles is doing the same "black screen" trick. It first happened about a month ago in the morning. I drove to work without MFT. Called dealer, they suggested I disconnect the battery for a few minutes. After work I went out to do that, but the MFT came right on without a problem.

Last Friday, I started car after work and the MFT was dead again. Saturday morning, I disconnected the battery for about 5 minutes but it had no effect. Still got the black screen and it has stayed that way ever since. Appointment this morning with dealer. After an hour or so, they advise the APIM (?) failed and they have to order the part. Expect it in Friday. Two more days with no radio, nav, etc. I did confirm that the MFT warranty for my 2012 was extended to 5 years, no mileage limit. (I suspect this only applies to certain models/years since he had to hunt around to confirm it.)

This has been the only problem I've had with the MFT since the 1st major update when the car was new, but it does concern me. I'm just glad the warranty on this system has been extended.

Rich

Bookmarks & Social Networks