My Ford Touch Thread - Page 363 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #3621
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
To check in your vehicle, press the following:

Gears > HELP > SYSTEM INFORMATION > CCPU S/W VERSION

The CCPU should be similar to X.XX.13171_PRODUCT. If it does not have the 13171 in it, you can either have your dealership perform the 3.6.2 update, or shoot me a private message and I'll send it to you on a USB flash drive. I'll need your full name, mailing address, and VIN.

Rebecca
Hey Rebecca, any idea when the next upgrade of MFT is going to be released? We're getting to around that time of year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #3622
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee, WY View Post
How are things working for everyone at this point? It just occurred to me that I haven't had any problems with MFT in a long time. I guess the latest update took care of most of the problems for my car. Just wondering if that's the consensus.
My Zune wont work at all, so I've switched to a usb stick. I figured out how to take a few steps to clone my zune contents to that. I still get occasional hiccups and double text on screen overlapping each other. I went and got a nexus 5 with bluetooth 4.0 and it seems to play MUCH nicer with the MFT system. I even have text messaging through MFT for the first time. Although, when it picks up a call when listening to music it is VERY buggy still. Sometimes it takes like 10 seconds to pick up, at which point the caller is on the verge of hanging up. I've even had it not turn off the music at all and blare it while I talked.

It's obvious there is MUCH more work to be done.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #3623
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Hey Rebecca, any idea when the next upgrade of MFT is going to be released? We're getting to around that time of year.
Unfortunately, I don't have any details or a date for the next update. Once I get them and I'm able to speak to it, I'll be sure to post. :)

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #3624
OnlyFords
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112260
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Focus SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 OnlyFords Good Standing Member
A Zune? I was wondering if anyone bought one. Just kidding.. And that is a Microsoft product, just as MFT. Not compatible with their own product. Ive been having trouble with mine every few months. I was told by a Ford dealership that MFT is not compatible with iPhones in my case. They do a master reset on the MFT and it starts working again. Nothing needed to to to my phone? I strongly believe it is a problem with the memory handling of MFT. I'm hoping this next update fixes it so I don't need to reset MFT every few months.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #3625
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyFords View Post
I was told by a Ford dealership that MFT is not compatible with iPhones in my case.
Honestly that sounds ridiculous and in my opinion seems more like they either don't want to deal with your issue or don't know how to deal with your issue. I use an iPhone and I am able to make and receive calls fine, my phonebook loads fine so I can use voice commands to call individuals, I am able to stream music BT from either my own collection or services such as Slacker or Pandora fine, I can receive texts and have the system read them to me (but I am unable to reply to texts through the system as is the case with all iPhone users).

Their explanation seems suspect to me.

Quote:
They do a master reset on the MFT and it starts working again. Nothing needed to to to my phone? I strongly believe it is a problem with the memory handling of MFT. I'm hoping this next update fixes it so I don't need to reset MFT every few months.
I am also quite frankly of the opinion that master resets suck and rebooting the system has generally been a lot more effective than resetting the system in my experience. Master resets wipe out some or all of your saved info such as radio presets, the phone paired to the car, nav favorites and previous destinations (if you have nav), and so forth. I say some or all because it doesn't even seem consistent in what it wipes and doesn't wipe from reset to reset. I would recommending trying to reboot the system before a reset as in my experience it is both more effective and more convenient.

Ford doesn't provide reboot functionality (outside of the instances when the system just reboots itself but you can't control the "when and where" of that). If you want to try rebooting there is a little app out there that you can throw on a drive, plug the drive with the app on it into your car, the app will install, and the next time you shut the car down the system will reboot. If you want to give it a go it can be found here:

http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html

I keep a copy of it on drive in my car at all times. When the system starts acting up I throw it in before shutting down, leave the car, and let the system reboot itself while I am gone. I would highly recommend giving it a try before ever doing a reset.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #3626
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 slybarman Good Standing Member
^^ This. Fortunately, I think I have only had to use it once maybe twice since the last update, but it definitely comes in handy when things go wonky.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:05 AM   #3627
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
A Zune? I was wondering if anyone bought one. Just kidding.. And that is a Microsoft product, just as MFT. Not compatible with their own product. Ive been having trouble with mine every few months. I was told by a Ford dealership that MFT is not compatible with iPhones in my case. They do a master reset on the MFT and it starts working again. Nothing needed to to to my phone? I strongly believe it is a problem with the memory handling of MFT. I'm hoping this next update fixes it so I don't need to reset MFT every few months.
Hey, OnlyFords,

Depending on the feature you're trying to use, the iPhone is compatible with MFT. What's kind of troubles are you having? Like copernicium112 said, you can use the reboot app instead of the master reset; that way you keep all of your settings intact.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 12-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #3628
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Quote:
A Zune? I was wondering if anyone bought one. Just kidding.. And that is a Microsoft product, just as MFT. Not compatible with their own product.
Lots of people bought them, just not in the same numbers as iPod. It's a shame too because the sound quality of the player and the simplicity of the software absolutely blows anything apple has put out away. It's not even a contest.

As for MFT, it's not made by Microsoft. They simply based the interface off of Microsoft Automotive which is fully compatible with Zune, which I had been happily listening to since I bought the car. Ford broke it with their last crappy update.

Sorry about your problems. Sounds like your "tech" was an idiot who has no idea what he's talking about. Sadly common today.

------

Thanks Rebecca, I appreciate the reply. Hope a new update comes soon.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #3629
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
You likely have or had the Facebook app installed on your phone. There is a .wav or .mp3 file from the app with a pop sound effect. When mft indexed the phone it picked up the file. If you are using an app over BT that does not have proper AVRC support (audible or songza for instance), I have noticed it will throw up other random track info from the device. If you play Pandora which does have avrc correctly implemented you will see correct track info.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
I no longer have the Facebook Pop display. On Pandora, I still do not have the track info from my Bluetooth device. I have an LG Motion phone with Android 4.0 installed.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #3630
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I get the track information from Pandora on my Nokia Lumia 1520. Even the previous, pause and next controls work from the screen. I would say it is probably the Android phone not supporting the Bluetooth protocol fully.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks