My Ford Touch Thread - Page 36 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #351
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
jeb5000, what phone are you using?
LG-VN271 and an original Moto Droid. Can get out of the Focus into my Mitsubishi Raider and both phones will pair with no problem, no resets, no power down, nothing.

Noticed today that even though I've had the Focus in 5 times there is no service listed on the Ford owners site. Going by tomorrow to ask why.

Had another black screen today, but everything is running good. Will take my truck so the dealer can't do a reboot. The dealer reboots cause problems, if defrost is used temp goes to 93 and fans go on max and can not be reset without stopping and shutting the car down.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #352
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb5000 View Post
LG-VN271 and an original Moto Droid. Can get out of the Focus into my Mitsubishi Raider and both phones will pair with no problem, no resets, no power down, nothing.

Noticed today that even though I've had the Focus in 5 times there is no service listed on the Ford owners site. Going by tomorrow to ask why.

Had another black screen today, but everything is running good. Will take my truck so the dealer can't do a reboot. The dealer reboots cause problems, if defrost is used temp goes to 93 and fans go on max and can not be reset without stopping and shutting the car down.
One thing to try. Try removing audio and video files from the phone, then maybe add in a few simple tracks (simply named, and MP3 files only). See how that works. I have noticed the system will choke when reading or INDEXING tracks with too many characters, funky characters, strange encodings, or odd metadata.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #353
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Music/M3 files

My MP3 player is a Hong Kong special, max 8 characters (alpha/numeric only) and two directory deep. So anything I have is converted to this format.

Only play music through Droid using Tune In radio at this time. LG has no MP3 files except a few ring tones.

Since I started disconnecting from Bluetooth every time I have been able to go 5 days with no problem except for one black screen. Have to remember to turn off auto phone book update and turn off use contact pictures which are on the LG each time there is a reboot. For whatever reason they turn back on when there is a reboot. System is actually usable right now.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #354
aperson9923
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 90061
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Ti Hatch

Points 1,804, Level 25
Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25 Points: 1,804, Level: 25
Level Up 4% Completed
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 aperson9923 Good Standing Member
So I took my car to the dealer today to get the MFT situations that I have been having checked out, and while the service rep was in the car, I did a simple task of trying to disconnect my iPhone and my MFT completely froze up in front of her and I told her that this is what I was having so much trouble with. She finally sympathized with me and said that this "piece of crap" should not be doing this and that it was not ok. It stayed frozen through about 5 restarts of the car when finally she told me to come back tomorrow and that they would be able to reset it and do an update and get everything fixed. (promises?...) IDK I will keep you all updated.
Mods: Tint 20/5, LockPick & Backup Camera, K&N Drop In
Old 03-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #355
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson9923 View Post
So I took my car to the dealer today to get the MFT situations that I have been having checked out, and while the service rep was in the car, I did a simple task of trying to disconnect my iPhone and my MFT completely froze up in front of her and I told her that this is what I was having so much trouble with. She finally sympathized with me and said that this "piece of crap" should not be doing this and that it was not ok. It stayed frozen through about 5 restarts of the car when finally she told me to come back tomorrow and that they would be able to reset it and do an update and get everything fixed. (promises?...) IDK I will keep you all updated.
Shes lying about the fixed part. She'll just give you the same update thats already in your car. It does help a bit for a while though. Why wouldn't they just reload the last update right then?

It seems when it comes to mft, the techs have no idea.

Sent from my Telus Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate
Old 03-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #356
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

My dealer has claimed the same thing. Only thing is I've had the latest update from day one. Dealer also claims to pull the battery terminal to reboot. A friend wanted to look under the hood last night. Decided to have a look at the battery to see how hard it would be. The terminals have never been off the battery! Maybe they pulled fuses but why not say that.

As I said above with a few changes to how we use the system it has been reliable for almost a week. I'm knocking on wood while I say that and hoping I'm not jinking myself.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #357
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
My bluetooth works fine. My Sirius traffic/weather is hit or miss. Often they just load blank screens.
I run music through USB from a 5th gen nano or my iphone 4. If I turn off the car with them attached and then start the car again, they both completely freeze up and I have to hard reset. I complete pain in the ass.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #358
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunka View Post
I came across this today. It's an app for the iPhone simulating and explaining the new"upgraded" MyFordTouch.
I just spent ten minutes playing with the Android version and it never once locked up or changed to some other channel arbitrarily or anything wierd! So different from MFT Gen2...
Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #359
WaldoJ
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95958
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 WaldoJ Good Standing Member
I had to take my less than 2 week old Focus into the Ford dealership last week for the MFT freezing problem so many have posted about on this forum. After the dealership explained to me that they did a "key cycle" and "updated" the system, I inquired further. Apparently it is the same exact update as I had before, and has a high potential of freezing at any given moment. Great. I then asked for Ford's phone number.

I called Ford and filed a formal complaint. They have a MFT Complaint ticket hotline due to all the complaints they have received. Fast forward to this morning, I receive a call from Ford. The lady was very nice and said she just got out of a meeting that said they are definitely shipping out USB Flashdrives with the latest and greatest to their customers starting March 8th. She stuck to this date even after throwing in some distractions and other tom-foolery about how bad the MFT system has been. I also asked for some compensation for beta testing their system thus far, and she offered me my first car payment paid in full. She couldn't offer me anymore simply because I've only had the car for 2 weeks.

tl;dr Mar 8th begins shipment of latest and greatest MFT upgrades, call 800-392-3673 and complain. Its worth a shot.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 PM   #360
Sargetalon
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95695
What I Drive: 2012 White Platinum Ford Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 Sargetalon Good Standing Member
I just called that hotline briefly to see what info I could dig up. The best the rep could tell me was, "early, early spring." Would not commit to any date, let alone 3/8. Also was not interested in talking compensation. Maybe I just got the wrong rep. Hoping your info is accurate cuz MFT is the only thing about this car driving me crazy.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.