My Ford Touch Thread - Page 359 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #3581
Citoriplus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100455
What I Drive: 2012 Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Citoriplus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Unfortunately Ford disabled the video input once the car is taken out of park.
I believe that there is a federal regulation that bans the use of any kind of video system that is visible to the driver when the car is in motion.
So major manufacturers like Ford fix the system so it can't show videos in the front seat, just to protect themselves from idiots who got into accidents because they were not paying attention to their driving.
Then sue Ford for their own stupidity, remember the fool who sued McDonald's (and won!!!) for 'HER' spilling hot coffee on herself in a car?
I know there are aftermarket units that people can and have installed that will do it, but its strictly illegal.
At least here in NY.

PS My wife's 2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybred has the Lincoln My Touch system installed and it can read DVD's.
But it can't play the video, it will only play the sound track.
Doesn't matter whether the car is parked or in motion, you only get to 'hear' the sound track.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #3582
Zener
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104206
What I Drive: 2012 White Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 Zener Good Standing Member
That "fool" won her case not because people are stupid but because McD kept their coffee excessively hot so they wouldn't have to sanitize the coffee urns daily. The settlement didn't even cover the damages.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #3583
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Well, I finally got around to upgrading. So far everything has been working great. Although, for some reason, I'm no longer able to use the messaging feature since the upgrade. It's saying "The currently connected phone does not support text messaging via Bluetooth." What's strange is that it worked fine with my old iPhone 4 (before updating), but now it's not supported with my new iPhone 5s? Sounds pretty strange. You'd think that the newest iDevice would support MORE Bluetooth features and functions than the older model. Any ideas?? Thanks! :)
Try this, macatron: http://support.ford.com/sync-technol...c-myford-touch.

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 10-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #3584
macatron
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 65326
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Focus Ti Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 macatron Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Thanks a ton! That did the trick! :D
Old 10-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #3585
sflirbr
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91672
What I Drive: 2012 SEL White Platinum Tricoat

Points 143, Level 2
Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2 Points: 143, Level: 2
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 sflirbr Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflirbr View Post
As if the software glitchs were not enough, my MFT display has died. I have tried the fuse pulls numerous times. Finally went to the dealer so I can pay $90 to tell me my display screen is bad. They apparently pulled the negative battery cable since my trip info is all reset. The part is $650 and is on national backorder. I can pay up front to get my place in line for a replacement, but it is still expected to be a few weeks. National backorder? Sounds like there are a lot of them being replaced. Fortunately, the car has redundant climate controls, so at least I have heat & AC. I asked if the display is part of the APIM (which has a 5 year warranty) but, they say no. The car is just out of warranty by mileage. I guess I debated whether to get an extended warranty too long. Has anyone found any descriptions of the parts for the MFT system? I can't find anything on fordparts.com. If I can even find a salvage replacement, I don't know if it has to be programmed after installation. Anyone out there with some solid technical knowledge on this system?

We are looking to replace a 14 year old SUV and had only looked at Ford (Explorer or F150). I'm glad we didn't already make our decision and buy. We're now re-thinking buying Ford at all. Not just because of the MFT problems, but the way Ford has addressed it or more accurately, not addressed it.
After researching the MFT system a little and contacting another dealer, I was contacted by Rebecca with the IVT team. She started a case number and the area rep, Carrie, contacted me right away.

The other dealer is Madison County Ford in Richmond, KY. The service adviser was very helpful and gave me a lot of information. I scheduled an appointment and took the car in Monday. By Monday afternoon, they had diagnosed the problem as the APIM, not the display as the previous dealer had told me. Dealer 1 "repair" was not under warranty and would have been over $1000.

The part came in Tuesday morning and the car was done in the afternoon. Many thanks to Madison County Ford for addressing just what needed repairing and doing the repair very quickly.

Also, thank you to Rebecca and Carrie for intervening on my behalf. They do a great job of intercepting the complaints and helping to resolve the issues on the forum.
2012 Focus SEL White Platinum / Stone
Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM   #3586
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,177, Level 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by macatron View Post
Thanks a ton! That did the trick! :D
You're welcome! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflirbr View Post
After researching the MFT system a little and contacting another dealer, I was contacted by Rebecca with the IVT team. She started a case number and the area rep, Carrie, contacted me right away.

The other dealer is Madison County Ford in Richmond, KY. The service adviser was very helpful and gave me a lot of information. I scheduled an appointment and took the car in Monday. By Monday afternoon, they had diagnosed the problem as the APIM, not the display as the previous dealer had told me. Dealer 1 "repair" was not under warranty and would have been over $1000.

The part came in Tuesday morning and the car was done in the afternoon. Many thanks to Madison County Ford for addressing just what needed repairing and doing the repair very quickly.

Also, thank you to Rebecca and Carrie for intervening on my behalf. They do a great job of intercepting the complaints and helping to resolve the issues on the forum.
I'm glad everything was resolved. Also, I'll respond to your PM in a few minutes.

Rebecca

Old 10-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #3587
danyall2010
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89399
What I Drive: 2012 Red Candy Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 danyall2010 Good Standing Member
Greetings,

I have installed the Ford MyTouch v3.6 upgrade a few days ago. I have a question about the Bluetooth streaming. I am streaming from my LG Motion phone and if I go into Bluetooth Audio, I get "Facebook Pop" on the screen. Why is that?

Also, I am happy that you can touch anywhere on the quadrant and it will go to the appropriate page. I can get the name of the song and artist on the home page, but only if the station is HD. If the station is not HD, I would have to go to the radio page to get the name of the song.

There are a few transition bugs and sometimes the FM station goes random after I switch over from Bluetooth.

I think within a few more upgrades, it will be much better and closer to Ford's intent with the system. I will be watching this board and the SYNC My Ride website for any updates.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #3588
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Points 2,177, Level 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Forum Activity 3%
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyall2010 View Post
Greetings,

I have installed the Ford MyTouch v3.6 upgrade a few days ago. I have a question about the Bluetooth streaming. I am streaming from my LG Motion phone and if I go into Bluetooth Audio, I get "Facebook Pop" on the screen. Why is that? ...
Hi, danyall2010,

I've never heard of the before. Any way you can post a picture of the message?

Rebecca

Old 10-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #3589
slybarman
Focus Addict

Fan#: 105425
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
You likely have or had the Facebook app installed on your phone. There is a .wav or .mp3 file from the app with a pop sound effect. When mft indexed the phone it picked up the file. If you are using an app over BT that does not have proper AVRC support (audible or songza for instance), I have noticed it will throw up other random track info from the device. If you play Pandora which does have avrc correctly implemented you will see correct track info.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.

Last edited by slybarman; 10-29-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #3590
Showoval
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 117512
What I Drive: '13 Ruby Red Focus HB Ti, Hnd Pkg

Points 13, Level 1
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Level Up 25% Completed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Showoval Good Standing Member
Ok, I get my car in July and MFT was not able to read texts on my Samsung Galaxy S3. About a month ago the texts began to work for about a couple of weeks and then the phone was no longer capable, wth?

Also, I spent about a week (road trip) in a 13' Toyota Highlander Limited with Toyota Etunes touchscreen and man how I wish MFT used the smartphone to get it's info. I was able to receive and send texts, play Pandora and Iheart radio, select stations,thumbs up/down, album art, etc on screen. It did weather forecasts along radar, Fuel prices, road delays all with out Sirius (no subscription) feeding the info and random voice command Bing Searches (hotels by name, restaurants, etc). Looks like Toyota may have gotten this infotainment thing right. Sad that ours doesn't do half of that because I believe it could be leaps and bounds over the rest.

Last edited by Showoval; 11-01-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Year of toyo

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.