My Ford Touch Thread - Page 354 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #3531
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

Points 284, Level 5
Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5 Points: 284, Level: 5
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Since the update many things have been improved, but I have one new annoying bug. Sometimes the clock decides to display eastern time instead of pacific time - so the clock is off by several hours. But then it will fix itself after a while. But another annoying bug is that the clock will just decide to set itself back 1 hour - like it isn't using daylight savings time - eventhough it is set. You have to manually change the time back to the correct hour. If you hit the reset to GPS time - it jumps back an hour.

Anyone else have clock problems since the update?
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #3532
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 87765
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 2,177, Level 28
Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28 Points: 2,177, Level: 28
Level Up 18% Completed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 3 FordIVTteam Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
Since the update many things have been improved, but I have one new annoying bug. Sometimes the clock decides to display eastern time instead of pacific time - so the clock is off by several hours. But then it will fix itself after a while. But another annoying bug is that the clock will just decide to set itself back 1 hour - like it isn't using daylight savings time - eventhough it is set. You have to manually change the time back to the correct hour. If you hit the reset to GPS time - it jumps back an hour.

Anyone else have clock problems since the update?
When your clock is showing in the Eastern time zone, skramblr, does the navigation show you in a different location as well?

Rebecca

p: 800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford
Old 09-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #3533
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Fan#: 88061
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
So, since I'm tired of waiting for Ford to issue a new MFT update with a Zune fix, I decided to get proactive and put some music on a micro sd card I had laying around with a usb adapter.

Long story short I found a really easy (though involved) way to get exactly what's on my zune onto the card including the playlists. I stuck it into the car and it indexes and plays within 2 minutes and doesn't re-index when restarting the car.

The trouble is that MFT doesn't play a zune playlist unless its on a zune, so I had to convert them to m3u files. Excellent, now the car see's them. NOT excellent, it says that the files are empty. They aren't.

So I went and looked and the path was pointing at a location that wasn't the root of the card. So, I used notepad to edit the m3u file to remove the reference to that location, only leaving the folder on my card of my music. Awesome, works in winamp, perfectly. I stick the USB into my car and NOT awesome, it sees the files but continues to think they are empty.

What am I doing wrong? I'm super annoyed at the whole situation.

This is why I originally bought a zune years ago, was easy, fast and worked without having to second guess anything.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #3534
MrMyth
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106845
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus

Points 21, Level 1
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 2 MrMyth Good Standing Member
You need MediaMonkey. it can behave like the Zune software in that it has smart playlists that can auto-sync to an SD card. The playlists are readable by MFT if you save them as M3u Extended. They can be either in the root of the card or in a folder named 'Playlists'. Either works well for me.
Also, save yourself some frustration and embed the artwork into your files, 500kb or less in size. MFT can read folder.jpg files in the root of the album folder, but it much prefers embedded artwork.

My Zune-less setup works so smoothly now I'm not sure that I'll go back if they fix the compatibility. MFT was clearly designed with an SD card in mind. If only Microsoft's internal divisions weren't all out to get each other. When I think of what could have been in regards to Windows Phone 8 and the Zune pass subscription I still get angry.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #3535
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMyth View Post
You need MediaMonkey. it can behave like the Zune software in that it has smart playlists that can auto-sync to an SD card. The playlists are readable by MFT if you save them as M3u Extended. They can be either in the root of the card or in a folder named 'Playlists'. Either works well for me.
Also, save yourself some frustration and embed the artwork into your files, 500kb or less in size. MFT can read folder.jpg files in the root of the album folder, but it much prefers embedded artwork.

My Zune-less setup works so smoothly now I'm not sure that I'll go back if they fix the compatibility. MFT was clearly designed with an SD card in mind. If only Microsoft's internal divisions weren't all out to get each other. When I think of what could have been in regards to Windows Phone 8 and the Zune pass subscription I still get angry.

Thanks for all the help, I'll give it a try. As a side note, how long does it take your car to recognize the card? It takes mine like 2 minutes and will actually go to the radio because it can't connect for so long. I switched the microsd from a full SD adapter to a usb one and it boots up much faster now but Id rather have those ports free.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #3536
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Well, I'm now ready to throw my computer and car out the window. Media Monkey is good going forward, but doesn't even see the playlists I've already converted from zpl and tried to make work im m3u. I manually edited them in notepad and it STILL won't give me the tracks. Seriously, Ford should pay ME for this waste of time.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #3537
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
Well, I'm now ready to throw my computer and car out the window. Media Monkey is good going forward, but doesn't even see the playlists I've already converted from zpl and tried to make work im m3u. I manually edited them in notepad and it STILL won't give me the tracks. Seriously, Ford should pay ME for this waste of time.
So, remake the playlists?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 10-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #3538
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by feta_mgp View Post
So, remake the playlists?
They're like 300 - 600 songs each :-( I have a dozen of them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile 4
Old 10-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #3539
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Points 3,271, Level 35
Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35 Points: 3,271, Level: 35
Level Up 48% Completed
Level up: 48% Level up: 48% Level up: 48%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
They're like 300 - 600 songs each :-( I have a dozen of them

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using FF Mobile 4
Time consuming to be sure, but the end result is likely a lot better than the frustration you've had thus far. Do one a day for the next two weeks or so?
Sonic Crew #28
Old 10-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #3540
blackraven456
Focus Addict

Maybe - I just wish I didn't have to.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.