My Ford Touch Thread - Page 353 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-10-2013, 08:38 AM   #3521
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by haloflightleader View Post
Is it still going to lose its mind while I'm using it as a GPS, I'm not sure. I haven't yet given it enough time. I've resigned myself to using my phone again. But since this update, I'm going to try using it again.
Mine still does. It is actually worse now. Takes about the same (long) time to lock onto a signal but now it shows me even further off of my route than before while trying to lock on.

I decided, after this started getting really bad with v3.5.1, that I would give it one more update to see if they fixed it. Needless to say, I am dropping it off at the dealership Thu night because I am fed up.

Having a backwards-compatible (A3) nav card has proven an eye-opening experience as well. Switching between the two to observe the behavior has been nuts. Both still show me off of my route often but it is far worse with the A4 card. The light/dark screen zoom bug behaves totally differently between the two as well (but still exists). Some major roads do not show traffic flow indicators now with the A4 card but do when I put the A3 card back in. At first I though it was Sirius not sending the info for that area in their signal but when I switch back in forth, traffic flow is not there with the A4 card, it is there with the A3 card. Strange thing is that when I had v3.5.1 and the A4 card, traffic showed on these roads. v3.6.2 with the A4 card, no traffic for these roads that it used to work on (and again, pop back to the A3 card and there is traffic flow appearing again for these roads).
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #3522
kiveysc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104304
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kiveysc Good Standing Member
Shame on Ford for not adding app link to the premium Myford touch system. Who made this stupid decision?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using FF Mobile
Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #3523
lionheartk
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 118331
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Fusion Ecoboost

FF Reputation: 1 lionheartk Good Standing Member
I think there is a Technical Bulletin for that. GPS not locking on position. They need to update the software on one of the modules for it to get fixed.

EDIT: Here you go: TSB 13-3-11

ISSUE:
Some 2013 vehicles equipped with SYNC and/or MyFord Touch, MyLincoln Touch built on or before 1/15/2013 may exhibit a voice prompt indicating SYNC Services Traffic, Directions or Information (TDI) is unable to locate the vehicle or a Global Position System Module (GPSM) concern. MyFord Touch equipped vehicles with navigation may exhibit a screen message indicating Navigation Stopped Functioning - Contact your dealer, GPSM has a red strike through X, Navigation Unavailable is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the display screen, the last known vehicle location may be displayed instead of current location, or the vehicle location may be displayed as off road from the current vehicle position.

ACTION:
Reprogram the GPSM to the latest calibration using IDS release 83.03 and higher. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Mine still does. It is actually worse now. Takes about the same (long) time to lock onto a signal but now it shows me even further off of my route than before while trying to lock on.

I decided, after this started getting really bad with v3.5.1, that I would give it one more update to see if they fixed it. Needless to say, I am dropping it off at the dealership Thu night because I am fed up.

Having a backwards-compatible (A3) nav card has proven an eye-opening experience as well. Switching between the two to observe the behavior has been nuts. Both still show me off of my route often but it is far worse with the A4 card. The light/dark screen zoom bug behaves totally differently between the two as well (but still exists). Some major roads do not show traffic flow indicators now with the A4 card but do when I put the A3 card back in. At first I though it was Sirius not sending the info for that area in their signal but when I switch back in forth, traffic flow is not there with the A4 card, it is there with the A3 card. Strange thing is that when I had v3.5.1 and the A4 card, traffic showed on these roads. v3.6.2 with the A4 card, no traffic for these roads that it used to work on (and again, pop back to the A3 card and there is traffic flow appearing again for these roads).
Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #3524
kiveysc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104304
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 kiveysc Good Standing Member
No faith that Ford will ever get it right until this pos system gets replaced with modern hardware.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #3525
lionheartk
Focus Rookie

Try the TSB fix first. It's working perfectly for me, I do not have any of the issues you described.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiveysc View Post
No faith that Ford will ever get it right until this pos system gets replaced with modern hardware.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #3526
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionheartk View Post
I think there is a Technical Bulletin for that. GPS not locking on position. They need to update the software on one of the modules for it to get fixed.

EDIT: Here you go: TSB 13-3-11
Thanks lionheartk but I already went that route. When I was in for my last oil change a while ago (pre-v3.6.2) I had the dealership check into that specific TSB. According to Ford, this one didn't apply to my car apparently.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #3527
lionheartk
Focus Rookie

Well we all know the dealership could be pretty dumb and oblivious sometimes hehe. Every time I go to the one nearby, I demand them to plug in IDS and update all modules that have a newer version available. Regardless of TSB. Isnt that what should be done with software? Newest version = better? Well almost always but that's generally the rule. So maybe even if they don't think it would fix it or apply, wouldnt hurt trying to do a update of all modules inclusding this one to the latest version and see what happens. My 2 cents!

Quote:
Thanks lionheartk but I already went that route. When I was in for my last oil change a while ago (pre-v3.6.2) I had the dealership check into that specific TSB. According to Ford, this one didn't apply to my car apparently.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #3528
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Well we all know the dealership could be pretty dumb and oblivious sometimes hehe. Every time I go to the one nearby, I demand them to plug in IDS and update all modules that have a newer version available. Regardless of TSB. Isnt that what should be done with software? Newest version = better? Well almost always but that's generally the rule. So maybe even if they don't think it would fix it or apply, wouldnt hurt trying to do a update of all modules inclusding this one to the latest version and see what happens. My 2 cents!
Nah, I know and totally agree. This was just a quick stop, question, and check on the TSB while I was getting the oil change done. Figured after that I would give it one more software update and see if that was the issue but v3.6.2 fixed nothing. That is why I set up the formal appt. specific to this issue. I'll be interested to see what they come back with/attempt to do to fix the problem. They have two guys there that are really the ones responsible for and tuned into the IVT stuff so the service manager made sure to set up the appt. specifically when one of them was there and had a chunk of free time to work on it.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #3529
lionheartk
Focus Rookie

Awesome! There you go. Sync module is called the APIM, and yours is already at the latest version, 3.6.2. But there are many other modules you can upgrade the software and that can be only done on the dealer, using their dongle, cable and IDS software. Like the GPS one mentioned on the TSB. Hope you get it fixed!

Quote:
Nah, I know and totally agree. This was just a quick stop, question, and check on the TSB while I was getting the oil change done. Figured after that I would give it one more software update and see if that was the issue but v3.6.2 fixed nothing. That is why I set up the formal appt. specific to this issue. I'll be interested to see what they come back with/attempt to do to fix the problem. They have two guys there that are really the ones responsible for and tuned into the IVT stuff so the service manager made sure to set up the appt. specifically when one of them was there and had a chunk of free time to work on it.
Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 AM   #3530
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Points 1,491, Level 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Hope you get it fixed!
Wanted to give it a couple of weeks of observation just to be sure before reporting the result but it appears my nav is now fixed. I dropped the car off Thu night 9/12. The tech at the dealership called me the next morning after he took it out for a drive. He (of course) didn't see the "all over the map" behavior that I had grown accustomed to seeing every single morning. I have worked with him in the past and told him I had video if he needed to see it but he said he didn't need to as he had seen the behavior I was describing in many other vehicles he has worked on and took my word for it that it was happening in mine as well.

Asked if he could keep the car one more day because he ordered a new GPS module for overnight delivery. I said sure keep it. Fine with spending one more day in a loaner if there is the possibility of actually having a working nav system again.

I picked it up Sat night when he was done. Got home, parked it in the driveway, and didn't touch it until I had to run some errands Sun afternoon. I was totally bummed as I pulled out of my driveway to the No GPS symbol and my location on the map was not where I actually was.

Guess it was just an anomaly because ever since that initial hiccup the system has been working flawlessly. I have not seen the No GPS symbol once, not even for a second or two, and it has been dead-on every day since. It is back to the level of performance that it was at when I got the car with v2.11.

Another bonus is that I was using it last Saturday and had a route set and actually got a traffic alert for an incident along my route. It always worked with 2.11 and 3.0.2 and it worked for the first couple of weeks after installing 3.5.1 but after those couple of weeks it just stopped functioning (and remained non-functional after the 3.6.2 installation).

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.