My Ford Touch Thread - Page 34 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #331
TiPilot
Focus Addict

Fan#: 93667
What I Drive: 2012 Ingot Silver Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 TiPilot Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I ran into a new one the other day... all of a sudden, using Sync to call for Travel Link or Navigation failed repeatedly. Could still use it for Climate, Audio, and Phone commands. It was working earlier in the day ("Travel Link" [beep] "Weather Map" ... map shows up on-screen) perfectly fine and then driving home from work it simply acted like it didn't understand me. Even stopped at a light with no noise, it was basically in "I have no idea what you're saying" mode when calling for TL or Nav.

Restarted the car and it's been fine since...?

Build Date: 12/2/2011 | New APIM: 4/4/2012
MFT: Factory v2.11, 3/14/12 Web -> v3.0.2, 9/24/12 Web -> v3.2.2, 1/24/13 Web -> v3.5.1, 8/13/13 Web -> v3.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #332
Dick W
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91695
What I Drive: 2012 5dr SGM Ti/09 135i/07 CR-V

FF Reputation: 2 Dick W Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattphoto View Post
Go too pissed at the amount i paid for this garbage and stopped dealing with it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of MFT. We bought ours in December fully expecting MFT to be flaky from our pre-purchase due dilligence. We've never been disappointed. On the upside, it does provide a ready topic of conversation for my wife and I almost every time we go somewhere together in the FoFo. ("Wow, look what it's doing now!" "Hmmm. Never seen it do that before." "Oh, that? Yeah it just started doing that this week.")

All indications (and hopes) are that the "Performance Update" coming in the mythic software Sometime Real Soon Now will respond to the underlying stability issues with MFT--though some members seem to think it's just a simple UI flash-and-trash change. Other data points suggest a near total changeout of MFT-unique code and OS and middleware. Either way, take the current MFT with a grain of aspirin and expect better at some point in the future.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #333
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95657
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 1 mattphoto Good Standing Member
I made a USB key (actually shaped like a key and on my keychain now) that contains the reboot app. That seemed to have fixed my issues for now. It's pretty sad though... I drove a Mazda with NAV and then a Civic with NAV and never had those systems lock up in the 10 combined years. This system locks up the 3rd day. Just that simple fact has made me regret going with Ford.
Having worked with software developers for years, I can say that speed enhancements are a great sign that overhauls in code have been done.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #334
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

Quick question: I have MFT with NAV and If i use the iPhone Sync App or Google Maps to send a destination to my car... where on the MFT do I find that destination I sent?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #335
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Quote:
Quick question: I have MFT with NAV and If i use the iPhone Sync App or Google Maps to send a destination to my car... where on the MFT do I find that destination I sent?
Connect to Sync services and it will prompt you to download it.

Posted via Opera Mini
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #336
feta_mgp
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 88210
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Quote:
I made a USB key (actually shaped like a key and on my keychain now) that contains the reboot app. That seemed to have fixed my issues for now. It's pretty sad though... I drove a Mazda with NAV and then a Civic with NAV and never had those systems lock up in the 10 combined years. This system locks up the 3rd day. Just that simple fact has made me regret going with Ford.
Having worked with software developers for years, I can say that speed enhancements are a great sign that overhauls in code have been done.
Most definitely a sign of overhauled code. The fact that the new team is most likely building each portion in conjunction with one another rather than just building them separate and hoping they place nice like B-Squared reportedly did should make all the difference in the world. Streamlined code and using the appropriate hardware for the appropriate actions (i.e. GPU for graphics display and CPU for the actual execution of commands rather than the CPU for all of it and the GPU doing nothing at all...) should mean the new MFT is a whole new program.
Sonic Crew #28
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #337
yugoflip
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 87666
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Blk Focus SEL 5spd HB

FF Reputation: 1 yugoflip Good Standing Member
watched a review on the focus from youtube and it looks like they are running the latest version on mft. posted a comment to the reviewer, hopefully they can give us more insight as to how it functions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQDJRR4_B3Y
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #338
ServerTech
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 91612
What I Drive: 2012 S.G. Focus Titanium Hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 ServerTech Good Standing Member
I'll be damned, it sure is the new MFT!

I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get some feedback on the new MFT from the reviewers. At the very least, whatever issues they may have encountered can be immediately sent to the MFT devs for a quick review.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #339
jeb5000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 95481
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 jeb5000 Good Standing Member
Have had problems from the first day. Have gone through the thread and see almost everything that happened to my MFT Focus. Bluetooth has been the focus however. With each failure to pair more things go wrong until I get the reboot. The first time it rebooted happened at night. ALL the lights on the dash went out. To say that took me by surprise is an understatement. Have not rebooted the system myself. I take it to the dealer and make them give me receipt documenting the problem. Lemon law maybe.

By accident I found the following: I repaired everything just after a reboot. Now before shutting off the car I go to the Bluetooth screen and disconnect the two phones and streaming audio and then shut off the car. Also have shut off phone book update and do not use pictures for callers. Made a favorite shortcut to the Bluetooth screen to make doing this faster. Have gone a couple of days with no problems. After having multiple problems for 30 days this is nice.

Only thing not working is weather, leave the driveway and no weather. You can be reading the weather and when the car turns onto the street the weather changes to unavailable ?

If disconnecting Bluetooth keeps working it is a small price to pay.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #340
mattphoto
Focus Enthusiast

jeb5000, what phone are you using?

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->