My Ford Touch Thread - Page 336 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #3351
slybarman
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105425
Location: the not-so-free state, MD
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Posts: 1,256
Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewfei View Post
Has anyone had the problem where you can access text messages through the touchscreen, but not through voice commands? When I say "phone messages" it says, "sorry your device is not supported" or something like that.

I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my phone with no luck. I've got an HTC one X.
Edit: Nevermind, looks like you have to say "listen to message #"
"Listen to message 1"

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using FF Mobile.
__________________
MK3 Focus = a lot of good ideas rather poorly executed.
slybarman is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #3352
NHRAfan
Focus Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Fan#: 116727
Location: La Luz, NM
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

Posts: 3
FF Reputation: 1 NHRAfan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I "upgraded" to v3.5.1 yesterday. Made certain I had a good book to read.
Today I noticed that the clock was off by an hour. Also discovered the date was off by three days. Messed with it for a hour or so... telling myself I was smarter than the system was, but could never get the time change to stick and couldn't change the date. Finally opened a support.ford.com chat session and explained the date/time problem. Was told "The date and time are a known concern and should be addressed wuth the next update. The update should be released so but no date has been provided." (Cut-n-pasted from the chat session.)
NHRAfan is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #3353
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91850
Location: Pikesville, MD
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

Posts: 298
FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's a class action lawsuit against Ford for MFT.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/16/p...uch/#continued
Of course, the lawfirm thinks there is a 'MyMercury Touch'....
chaimav is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #3354
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast
 
gtncpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86143
Location: Midland Park, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Posts: 507
Points 1,558, Level 22
Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22 Points: 1,558, Level: 22
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I wish my wife's Mercury had MMT!
gtncpa is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #3355
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Had a brand new one with Nav this morning. I was heading due north on an expressway that I take to work every day. My vehicle indicator was behaving fine and pointing straight ahead (12 o'clock) but the map screen would not orient properly. It was at an angle from the true direction. In other words, the north-south expressway I was on should have been directly aligned with my directional arrow like it typically is however this morning it not do that and even though the road should have been oriented in the 12 o'clock/6 o'clock alignment it was running at about 2 o'clock/8 o'clock. This resulted in the appearance of directional arrow travelling at an angle along the expressway as it tried to stay locked on to the road. Didn't have the No GPS indicator during this either.

I have grown quite accustom to looking at the No GPS indicator and I have grown quite accustom to my Nav system showing me travelling through neighborhoods, woods, bodies of water, etc. but this one was a first for me. Like usual with the system, just guess I'll have to wait and see what it does when I head out from work. See if it corrected itself.
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #3356
slybarman
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Fan#: 105425
Location: the not-so-free state, MD
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Titanium hatchback

Posts: 1,256
Points 1,664, Level 23
Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23 Points: 1,664, Level: 23
Level Up 64% Completed
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 6 slybarman Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Had a brand new one with Nav this morning. I was heading due north on an expressway that I take to work every day. My vehicle indicator was behaving fine and pointing straight ahead (12 o'clock) but the map screen would not orient properly. It was at an angle from the true direction. In other words, the north-south expressway I was on should have been directly aligned with my directional arrow like it typically is however this morning it not do that and even though the road should have been oriented in the 12 o'clock/6 o'clock alignment it was running at about 2 o'clock/8 o'clock. This resulted in the appearance of directional arrow travelling at an angle along the expressway as it tried to stay locked on to the road. Didn't have the No GPS indicator during this either.

I have grown quite accustom to looking at the No GPS indicator and I have grown quite accustom to my Nav system showing me travelling through neighborhoods, woods, bodies of water, etc. but this one was a first for me. Like usual with the system, just guess I'll have to wait and see what it does when I head out from work. See if it corrected itself.
Are you sure that north/south road runs true north/south? Could you have had "north up" versus "heading up" selected?
__________________
MK3 Focus = a lot of good ideas rather poorly executed.
slybarman is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 PM   #3357
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 87742
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Posts: 1,868
Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
Are you sure that north/south road runs true north/south? Could you have had "north up" versus "heading up" selected?
Yep I'm sure. I gave a quick glance at the settings to make sure MFT didn't decide to change something on its own (and even if it did it would have affected my directional as well). Drive it every day, works fine every day. This was just a brand new bug for me. Directional was orienting fine, map under the directional was just slightly misoriented by about 30 degrees or so.
__________________
.
.......here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you.
copernicium112 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #3358
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 85580
Location: Somewhere in, SC
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

Posts: 395
Points 2,844, Level 32
Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32 Points: 2,844, Level: 32
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimav View Post
Here's a class action lawsuit against Ford for MFT.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/07/16/p...uch/#continued
Of course, the lawfirm thinks there is a 'MyMercury Touch'....
It was only time for Ford to get sued. You can screw over customers for only so long and not get noticed....
Though I don't have much confidence in this law firm that does not do research before filing... I do wonder how many people with completely functional systems will participate in this....


In for a $50 coupon towards a new ford car purchase... Good luck with that, Ford's already lost a long term Ford customer.

On that note, I found my replacement sports car for the Mustang. SRT Viper baby.
__________________
EX-Owner of:
Ford Focus 2012 Sedan 303A SEL w/ Winter package
Sterling Grey Metallic - Medium Light Stone Leather
estoyloco is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #3359
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast
 
dragonpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Fan#: 104183
Location: San Antonio, TX
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Posts: 180
Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I spoke to a MFT rep today and was told version 3.6 will be coming out soon, before the end of the year. Hopefully, the new version will fix some of the problems with 3.5.1, specifically, the poor Bluetooth audio/connectivity for me. This is after I emailed them a lengthy letter detailing my disappointment with MFT and how it can affect their current market success.

I'm a first time Ford owner, but I think regardless of what's going on with their software development and engineering, their customer service is decent and doing what they can to help.
dragonpalm is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #3360
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Fan#: 91850
Location: Pikesville, MD
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

Posts: 298
FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
I spoke to a MFT rep today and was told version 3.6 will be coming out soon, before the end of the year. Hopefully, the new version will fix some of the problems with 3.5.1, specifically, the poor Bluetooth audio/connectivity for me. This is after I emailed them a lengthy letter detailing my disappointment with MFT and how it can affect their current market success.

I'm a first time Ford owner, but I think regardless of what's going on with their software development and engineering, their customer service is decent and doing what they can to help.
So much for "this summer"
chaimav is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Audi S3, Ford Fusion and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. Challenger Hellcat - Charger Hellcat