My Ford Touch Thread - Page 333 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #3321
CliftonBruce
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 93258
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Red 5 door Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 CliftonBruce Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Blank screen every time I start the damn car.. EVERY time I try to use the Nav it either freezes or I simply can't get the damn thing to display numbers letters etc.. Can't even use SYNC because once it freezes I can't use ANYTHING.. Was OK til the latest update .. NOW the dealer says I can't use an Iphone because THAT'S what's causing the system to crash but Ford is working on a reprogram AGAIN and expect a ":fix" in August.. Riiiight!
The deleted my Iphone connection.,.. and did something else that they didn;t share with me..so I had to reprogram all my windows and the clock.. and.. guess what??? The damn thing STILL crashes ..reboots every time I start the car ..and gives me an error message.. so you KNOW it wasn't the phone.. BIGGEST piec of expensive CRAP I ever bought.. I'm DEF looking at lemon law action.. I use this for business and it's worthless! I've had it.. Been back in 3 times now.. and going for a fourth.. I'm SO DONE!
I'll NEVER buy a Ford again! I want my money back... I think it's almost fraudulent to sell a car with a system that you KNOW doesn't work.. 3 massive updates.. 3 separate visits to fix stuff like the transponder and what they called the "brains" of the system and it STILL doesn't work... L E M O N ... FORD!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 06:55 PM   #3322
estoyloco
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85580
What I Drive: 2013 Dart Limited

FF Reputation: 1 estoyloco Good Standing Member
Just curious which year model did u buy? Ford has been selling the same defective crap since 2011...

Unfortunately the issues arent being covered like they used to be. I just wonder if it still ongoing from the constant issues people still report I like to say yes...

Btw how do I unsubscribe from this dang forum it keeps sending me notifications.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using FF Mobile
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #3323
EggYolkBill

Fan#: 8
What I Drive: '13 Performance Blue Titanium HB

FF Reputation: 21 EggYolkBill Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I dont have anything like the above post happening! The post is very melodramatic and it makes it hard to glean anything worth discussing from it. I am sorry to hear about your problems but your reactions seem only to make matters worse.

Have you tried a different dealer? Definitely sounds like more than any known software bugs.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using FF Mobile 4 Beta
Old 06-14-2013, 10:30 PM   #3324
skramblr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86363
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL & 2012 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 skramblr Good Standing Member
I concur - problem reported by CliftonBruce is not typical and really seems more like a hardware problem on his car (not a simple software update). Definitely check out another dealer to see if they can do a better job of fixing the problem.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #3325
Trol1374
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 114168
What I Drive: 2013 gray focus Titanium MFT/nav,

FF Reputation: 1 Trol1374 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by CliftonBruce View Post
Blank screen every time I start the damn car.. EVERY time I try to use the Nav it either freezes or I simply can't get the damn thing to display numbers letters etc.. Can't even use SYNC because once it freezes I can't use ANYTHING.. Was OK til the latest update .. NOW the dealer says I can't use an Iphone because THAT'S what's causing the system to crash but Ford is working on a reprogram AGAIN and expect a ":fix" in August.. Riiiight!
The deleted my Iphone connection.,.. and did something else that they didn;t share with me..so I had to reprogram all my windows and the clock.. and.. guess what??? The damn thing STILL crashes ..reboots every time I start the car ..and gives me an error message.. so you KNOW it wasn't the phone.. BIGGEST piec of expensive CRAP I ever bought.. I'm DEF looking at lemon law action.. I use this for business and it's worthless! I've had it.. Been back in 3 times now.. and going for a fourth.. I'm SO DONE!
I'll NEVER buy a Ford again! I want my money back... I think it's almost fraudulent to sell a car with a system that you KNOW doesn't work.. 3 massive updates.. 3 separate visits to fix stuff like the transponder and what they called the "brains" of the system and it STILL doesn't work... L E M O N ... FORD!!!
If this started happening after they updated, then they screwed up the update process. That is known to occur if they don't follow the steps. They need to reinstall it. If they don't want to, take to another dealer. Your problem is not common at all.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #3326
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Looks like another update is on its way

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=38169

Quote:
•Ford improves MyFord Touch quality by more than 50 percent since launch, plans another upgrade in summer 2013
Quote:
Ford continues to refine SYNC and MyFord Touch, including another downloadable upgrade planned for this summer. Previous upgrades already have helped improve quality responses by more than 50 percent.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #3327
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
MFT will get "real" button in the future. (from Automotive News today) Ford has found out that a lot of people still want to turn the dial.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #3328
chaimav
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 91850
What I Drive: Sterling Gray 2012 SEL Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 chaimav Good Standing Member
Us Focci owners are lucky, we actually still have physical buttons for most functions.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:48 AM   #3329
gtncpa
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 86143
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Here is the article in AutoWeek:

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...n=awdailydrive
Old 06-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #3330
raptor1956
Focus Addict

Fan#: 97725
What I Drive: 2012, Sonic Blue, Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 raptor1956 Good Standing Member
Yes, we have some buttons and knobs but for many thing you have to either use the touch screen or remember the correct sequence of voice commands.

In the days before touch screens there were basically three kinds of input controls: push buttons, sliders and rotating knobs and sliders usually sucked when moving, particularly over bumpy roads. Push buttons are great for on/off things and rotating knobs are best for variable things.

I do hope the next version if MFT comes out soon and is available for download so I can do it - the current version, updated by the dealer, has been buggy while the two earlier versions were not.

Brian

Sent from my HTC One using FF Mobile

Bookmarks & Social Networks